Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Rescued/Adopted another dog last week!

Her name is Marly, and she's Lab & Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, 2 yrs old, 45lbs.

I already have 6 Yellow Labs and had no intention of getting another dog but I can't help myself when there are adoption events at the local petshop. I always have to stop and visit the dogs even though I can't help them all or even one most the time, but in the least giving them a little of my time, some extra love, a good rub down, etc, helps me to feel better than just ignoring them.

Anyway, when I saw Marly, she was so beautiful, I had to visit her. Keeping to the rear of the cage, very timid and scared, I noticed several injuries on her head and hind quarters that looked like cigarette burns at first, thankfully not, but just as bad. Much of her life I learned was being keep in a metal cage for 14+ hrs a day, ignored, rarely fed and beaten when let out I was told....le sigh The injures were pressure marks from rubbing on the cage for attention and attempting to escape. {thankfully the hair is beginning to grow back ever so slowly, but it'll take months}

Per usual and as heartbreaking as it is, after attempting to play with her for about an hour in the nearby grass, apparently she was never played with because she would barely move or do anything in fear of being punished, I had to go. This was not a concern, having a 7th dog was, but its not that I couldn't afford her, just thinking did I really need another one. Reluctantly I let the her go back to the cage and proceeded inside the store to get snacks for my other 6 dogs.

When I came back out, I decided to visit her and say goodbye. Thats when I overheard another couple talking about her, that they had a nice house and would be keeping her locked in a cage at night and up to 8+ hrs a day while at work. Good grief these people, after what she's been through already. I interrupted them and said I'd adopt her...."she would never see the inside of a cage again, have total freedom of my entire house and yard at all hrs and a pack of 6 companions to play with!, I'm not going to let you lock her away and do that to her again"

This is Marly! My 7th woggie doggie and she's having a blast with my pack!

She has never been on a couch before, so I was told, thus I made sure she experienced that immediately, and she certainly loved it! {took me 20min trying to get her on there and to stay}

A week later and she's one with the pack, resting together after a good romp around the yard!

Deleted

My kitten! Proud as few

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g7pWhDU.jpg[/I MG]

My kitten! Proud as few
    Aww your kitteh is growing up!

OT

Takeing after his father trying to be sexy sunbathing. He never dissapoint.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by nathaliecorz30 View Post
    I can't post my pet. Why
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think you need more thread posts before you can post pictures or links.
    10 posts should do it I think, which you achieved with that post.
    Try it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Brand new kitten we got yesterday. Not quite sure the gender ("feral" outside kitty from my uncle's place), but the name is Bruce, thanks to my nephew. I think might be 4-6 weeks old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post

Brand new kitten we got yesterday. Not quite sure the gender ("feral" outside kitty from my uncle's place), but the name is Bruce, thanks to my nephew. I think might be 4-6 weeks old.
    Soooooooo cute..

But 4-6 weeks is way too young.. It have not finished it upbringing yet. You risk a cat that won't use the litter box and/or will be too feral to keep as a pet..

Here in Denmark you are not allowed to seperate a kitten from its mom, before 12 weeks have passe, for those very reasons..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    But 4-6 weeks is way too young.. It have not finished it upbringing yet. You risk a cat that won't use the litter box and/or will be too feral to keep as a pet..
    This doesn't make sense. When separating a tiny malleable feral kitten from its momma, of course it will learn to be a better pet than one that already learned to be feral in 12 weeks. 4 weeks is fine though, nothing happens to the kitten when separating at that age, just that it doesn't learn all the cat stuff. But if it's between waiting it to become feral as its momma vs. making it a pet from early age, it's not that hard choice.

ONTOPIC: my kitty about year ago. I got her on 31st October last year, and she was ~9 weeks.

Last edited by mmoc5cd9ec035b; 2014-10-28 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Soooooooo cute..

Here in Denmark you are not allowed to seperate a kitten from its mom, before 12 weeks have passe, for those very reasons..
    We have 4 other kitties, and the kitten has taken to the litter box just fine. He just got done using it a few minutes before I am typing this. Personally, I think he looks way too young, but apparently he could possibly be the runt, so may be older than he looks. Him and his siblings were already eating solid food when he decided to come up to my parents. And here in America, when getting kittens or puppies from a breeder or shelter, 8 weeks of age is the typical age to seperate them from their parents.

Right now, the little kitten is playing with our previous kitten (she was a kitten in 2012). Glad she is warming up to him finally. He also likes the toys. We will find out the age and sex of the kitten on Thursday.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my hairy bother from another mother, Charlie Brown.

He doesnt like it when I sit on my laptop when visiting my parents so he sometimes decides that he is a small lapdog (he's not that big but big for a border collie). He's a cool guy and not afraid of anything.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2015-04-09 at 08:20 PM.

just when we got home after we picked her up
    about a month after we got her
    about 6 months old, taken today

She's not my little puppy anymore, but she'll always be my little baby
    Last edited by Amirila; 2014-12-17 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my puppy enjoying her new Christmas present.

Link because huge.

Also, stay away pls. My bone.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2014-12-24 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Soooooo many dogs and Cats!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a link to a photo of me and my horse, Slick.
    I would HUGELY appreciate if you voted for it too! The winner gets a hefty gift card

http://bit.ly/19lKJ5L

Deleted
    Unfortunately she is no longer with us since she passed away a while ago at the age of 24, but she will always have a special place in our hearts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Domino sacked out on the couch with me.

Duvet day ftw!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted

Those are my two lovely dogs, both male The little white one is almost 5 years old and his name is Weiss (in german- means white) and the other one is 7 months old - his name is Northy.

Deleted
    Back when I had my cat

My pug (12 yrs old)

My brothers pug (7 or 8 yrs old. She was a rescue)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.