Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DK Solo's Heroic Altarius

i wish i had gotten a video, but ran a heroic earlier, with a very well geared DK tank, he had 171k Health, good gear and stats. so we go to fight the second boss of VP, but we all ended up dying, except this dk, who, must have done it with a big grin on their face, starts to SOLO FIGHT the boss, and, even though the boss had 75% life left, tanks and spanks it himself, without going below 50% health.

I mean, i know Altarius is an easy boss (we just screwed up, that was our faults) but i'm going to give prop where props are do.

Thank you mystery DK tank, for making my day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In b4 nerf?... and yeah >_< blood has to many heals lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just lay there dead and watched a Warrior solo this boss on Heroic for quite a while, didn't kill it. But got it down at least 700k HP.

And that was literally just now, I'm on here waiting for a new healer as he left. They arn't all that common at 6.49 in the morning.

thing is it did take forever and he was already in a good bit of raid gear, methinks perhaps he was lucky with drops in the raids he's done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pokmin100 View Post
    thing is it did take forever and he was already in a good bit of raid gear, methinks perhaps he was lucky with drops in the raids he's done so far.
    People in gear higher level than the content out gear the content.

News at 11.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also did that a few times, because my group usually fails at that boss.

Alturius is a very special fight because of a few things:

The buff for facing the right direction brings our rune regen down to ~4 seconds which allows us to pretty much spam DS.
    The only real damage comes from his breath, which can be cd'd.
    DKs were soloing stuff in wotlk too, so don't start the complaining about that again

soloing stuff != performance in raid

Deleted
    try a dk on the last boss in throne, it just can be done by every kind of dk/gear instead of tankdks only

The problem is not the DK class, but it is the encounters themselves.

Step 1) Blizz wants melee resources to scale with haste, ok cool.
    Step 2) BLizz makes an encounter that gives a crap load of haste, Sweet!
    Step 3) (this will be incoming based on past experiences) Blizz sees unintended things and nerfs the classes, =/

Hmmmm, Vengeance anyone? yaaaa go blizzard and their mechanics!!!

You dont have to be a raid geared DK to solo that boss, you just need to be upwind as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pokmin100 View Post
    i wish i had gotten a video, but ran a heroic earlier, with a very well geared DK tank, he had 171k Health, good gear and stats. so we go to fight the second boss of VP, but we all ended up dying, except this dk, who, must have done it with a big grin on their face, starts to SOLO FIGHT the boss, and, even though the boss had 75% life left, tanks and spanks it himself, without going below 50% health.

I mean, i know Altarius is an easy boss (we just screwed up, that was our faults) but i'm going to give prop where props are do.

Thank you mystery DK tank, for making my day.
    You can solo quite a lot of bosses as most dont hit hard, just the mechanics.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Haha, sounds like my guildie. He has done some AMAZING things on his DK tank.

But shhh, keep it down, guys, we don't want them to nerf Blood. :|

I've had to "solo" lots of bosses from various healths. If the boss is mostly tank and spank then it's just soeasy, my healer gets annoyed because half the time I can come out of a dungeon having done more healing than him simply because he hasn't had to heal. It's funsies.

Deleted
    Done it at my own dk aswell 2 times even with 333 gear

Reminds me of back in the day, having a fail group wipe on KT in MgT, and soloing him down as a prot pally. Props to the DK, fail to the group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    soloing stuff != performance in raid
    Absolutely! Pet damage = performance in raid, clearly c:

I kiddd, I kidddd, but really, this is a very specific fight with very specific circumstances that make it extremely viable for a DK to solo it. It's going to happen.

Prot paladins will be soloing anything they can outlast again soon enough. Each tank has their niche, and if there's a fight that buffs that niche, well yeah, especially with some gear they're going to be able to overpower-to-destroy it.

I soloed Cookie in DM hero as Unholy DK 1000% haste sure is fun. Runes are back up before the GCD ends...

Slabhide as Blood Tank is also possible, bring some bandages though.

Yeah solo'd him before a while ago, 4 times, actually... Some people seem to fail at such an easy boss. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how people are already outgearing heroics.

I myself am at 345 ilevel on my shaman, and I already finish a lot of bossfights with 75% mana in guildruns. Yes, guildruns, where everybody's smart enough to avoid avoidable mechanics.

Mind you I'm not saying all heroics are easy. Some bosses have very interesting mechanics that stay challenging, no matter the gear. The dragon boss in stonecore for instance stays interesting, because of the LoS issues when healing. Ozruk will still oneshot melee if they don't get away in time. Stuff like that.

I like it.

I regularly have to solo Ozruk in stonecore hc,

pretty good geared 5 epics and rest hc 346 gear 180k unbuffed hp.

i think if you know when to use your cooldowns and when best to deathstrike its very managable.

Abyiss tauren DK

Dunemaul.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Slabhide as Blood Tank is also possible, bring some bandages though.
    Rest of the group was dead and I did about 600k of slabhide today on my warlock, wasn't heroic but then again my warlock is only lvl 83 pitty i died with the boss on 4%

Saw a rogue solo the the octopus boss at the end of H Throne, everyone else sat in oil before the buff applied, and he took it down from 100%-0% without dropping below 75% hp