Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloable Content

Since i came back having taken a 9 month break to find ZG has been taken out of the game i've been searching for some soloable content for lvl 85 BM hunters with tenacity pets. I use a turtle personally but people have their preferences..

Anyway, seeing as i'm having a bit of trouble finding soloable content to test out i was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions (realistic) on whats both possible and worthwhile to solo..

Take a look at:

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t43955-h...un_profit/p25/

Among the things that have recently been soloed: Al'ar, Void Reaver, Magtheridon, Archavon, Lurker Below, Noth, Heigan.

Also, I would personally recommend trying Slabhide in Stonecore normal. He's fairly easy to do, and has a chance of dropping a very nice mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Marksmanship . . . feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).

Deleted
    Ive tried to solo Altarius in Vortex Pinnacle for the mount. First boss is super easy, all trash mobs can be skipped with camo but i cant survive the boss's breath.

MC is super easy and fast with camo and you can get bindings and Sulfuras mats (lots of gold) from there.

Slabhide is easy to kill, I keep failing on the trash though, wasting alot of time.

Deleted
    Wow, I'm seeing alot more than I had expected here, or actually a lot higher... I was thinking of Slabhide and Altarius on normal already cause I'm a mount freak, but quickly told myself that it wouldn't be possible until next expansion, maybe at the end of Cataclysm if I'd be lucky. Definitely gonna give it a few tries.

One more 'request': Could someone link me an optimal soloing spec? It wouldn't be the first time I'd push a talent aside thinking it's worthless, only to find that everyone else is using it...
    Last edited by mmoca572945696; 2010-12-27 at 09:50 AM.

At the end of wotlk most of the heroics where soloable. And now with the mend pet improvement among others we can solo even better

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you get to slabhide solo? Do you just skip all the trash and the first boss with camo?

bump, how do you solo Slabhide

you can solo all the bosses in vortex pinnacle too! just did it last night

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry OP, hunters are still extremely..well..OP
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Solo'd Altairus fairly easy. Feign the first breath, Det the 2nd, feign the 3rd, eat 4-5 and bandage... etc. It helps a ton to have some Kings drums. I usually end the fight with ~50% health.

As for Stonecore, you gotta kill the trash packs before the 1st boss to even make him trigger. After that, you can skip straight to Slabhide.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Acker View Post
    Take a look at:

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t43955-h...un_profit/p25/

Among the things that have recently been soloed: Al'ar, Void Reaver, Magtheridon, Archavon, Lurker Below, Noth, Heigan.

Also, I would personally recommend trying Slabhide in Stonecore normal. He's fairly easy to do, and has a chance of dropping a very nice mount.
    Slabhide is a very good suggestion....with cloak it should be fairly easy to reach him, and even as survival my tenacity pet refuses to die thanks to the mend glpyh. Think I'm going to go try that....thank you

Beast Mastery will give you some nice extra healing/survivability for you and your pet.

Tenacity pet is a must. I use Terrorpene or my Polar Bear (Demoralizing Shout is 10% less damage from white attacks, and since he avoids a lot of damage from AoE. . .) depending on the boss. Blood of the Rhino is also mandatory, with the Glyph of Mend Pet. If you're feeling risky, you can actually dismiss > Spirit Beast > Dismiss + Spirit Mend yourself mid-cast on Dismiss > bring back Tenacity pet. Make sure the boss has distance on you, and don't let pet re-engage too fast (the second where pet has super low HP) and die. Feign after and Misdirect all future attacks onto Pet.

I've done almost every boss in normal below Grim Batol. Some fights are easier than others. I have pet tanked most Heroics (after normal tank dies, call out Turtle, profit) as Survivability, just because Mend Pet + BotR are crazy, especially with a dedicated healer (and threat is no issue). Positioning is hard sometimes, but a lot of the scary attacks are AoE and thus negated (Ozruk, for instance). Also, add fights will sometimes cause him to run to adds if left on Defensive, so yeah, you really need him on Passive and to manually control him. . .

You'd be surprised what you can do with a Turtle/Bear and a few pomtinis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Solo'd Altairus fairly easy. Feign the first breath, Det the 2nd, feign the 3rd, eat 4-5 and bandage... etc. It helps a ton to have some Kings drums. I usually end the fight with ~50% health.

As for Stonecore, you gotta kill the trash packs before the 1st boss to even make him trigger. After that, you can skip straight to Slabhide.
    howd u get passed the first boss? i get destroyed by his lightning cones...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post

Really? Thought he hit me with breath even when i feigned death, will have to try that again

Deleted
    He probably means feigning death before the breath so it goes to the pet instead.

Deleted
    I just soloed the first and second boss of Throne of Tides normal.
    Lady Naz'jar: Trash before her is annoying and will take quite some time. During the fight with her, keep going in circles around her (strafing worked very well for me) to avoid Geysers, and the nature damage debuff - if you do this right, you'll never get hit by either of these. At 60% and 30% she'll spawn 3 adds: trap one, make your pet get aggro on both (I misdirected one while telling him to attack the other), and kill them. Boss will probably be active before you kill all 3 adds, get her in the centre and start running around again. Quite straightforward but getting hit by the nature debuff twice is very likely to be fatal (40-50k over 15 secs).
    Commander Ulthok: Avoid void zones, but pet can just stand in it without trouble. He'll pick you up and throw you away occassionally, hits for about 20k total, bandage every second time he does that. Dispelling Enrage is recommended but not necessary.

I didn't manage to kill 3rd boss (Erunak Stonespeaker being mind controlled and the squid): the Lava Bolt was too much to bandage against. Used Deterrence against it whenever I could. Feign Death makes him stop casting, but he'll cast it again a few seconds after you stop Feigning, so not very useful. Might go there again with a gorilla pet to interrupt, I feel like this guy is soloable (depending on how phase 2 will work when you're alone), so give it a try! =D

All of this was done with 333-346 ilvl gear, a Beetle pet and BM spec.

PS: Also tried HoO first boss, seemed impossible and you need him to get to the other bosses. Lost City of the Tol'vir: First boss hits too much on pet, crocodile adds will kill you, and third boss will also hit too much on yourself. Fourth boss is only possible after killing 3rd. Vortex Pinnacle 2nd boss (drake) also seemed impossible because of the targeted breath, but I've seen someone saying it's possible. How?
    Last edited by mmoca572945696; 2010-12-24 at 12:17 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any point in using T5 now? Even gloves and shoulders will throw your dps down a lot, and also lower stamina = lower pet HP = lower mend pet... Is extra heal still worth it?
    Also - seems that BM is not the best solo spec now - you can learn all survivability pet talents without bonus 4 from Beast Mastery, you can get spirit bond with all trees, Surv has higher DPS and Marks has heal..
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Is there any point in using T5 now? Even gloves and shoulders will throw your dps down a lot, and also lower stamina = lower pet HP = lower mend pet... Is extra heal still worth it?
    Also - seems that BM is not the best solo spec now - you can learn all survivability pet talents without bonus 4 from Beast Mastery, you can get spirit bond with all trees, Surv has higher DPS and Marks has heal..
    Thanks for pointing both those things out, now I can stop failing at soloing T5 bosses (yes, I'm looking at you, Leotheras the Blind! Even though you can't see it!), and I can respec to Marksmanship... Have been a bit disappointed in BM for quite some time, compared to what tools SV and MM have.

Edit: after respeccing MM, Phase 1 of the third boss of Throne of Tides is very easy! However, in Phase 2 the boss will sometimes despawn when mind controlling you. When he mind controls you and doesn't despawn, he will not be able to kill your pet within the 1 minute duration (lol nub ^^). Your pet will not be able to get you below 50% (which would stop the mind control), so I recommend setting him to passive before the fight to avoid unnecessary damage. If you get lucky enough not to have him despawn a few times in a row, this guy is soloable. If you really want to solo everything, go ahead and try it, but I couldn't bring up the patience to keep doing this.
    Last edited by mmoca572945696; 2010-12-24 at 04:37 PM.

I was wondering if camo would help with sneaking past trash mobs, has anyone tried this before?