Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Deadmines

Last night did Heroic Deadmines for the first time, and I hadn't been to that place yet since the revamp.

Can I just say O ... M ... G !! It's freaking awesome! I love it! Especially with the whole Vanessa VanCleef fight in the end. Just awesome! Can't wait to visit HSFK.

That is all ;-)
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Yeah its pretty good. Also been tuned up since the beta, Foe Reaper takes alot longer to go down, and Ripsnarl was a very intense fight when we first went there in our 333s, while in beta he was a cakewalk. Nice to see some tuning up instead of the other way round that people were expecting.

Deleted
    I absolutely hated it!! Bloody trash central!

Haven't done it on hero yet but went in right after it was available just to see the changes and I agree, well done. Can't wait to do it on hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love it too, even though the first bosses hit box is kind of a pimpslap to melee dps lol

Deleted
    It's a great heroic, but after running it so many times on normal mode, the terrain and actually layout has become pretty dull. That being said, the other revamped heroic SFK is my favourite so far, so maybe i'm just being biased

The van cleef fight where you use ropes to jump away from the explosions?

It felt good man. Foe reaper ios annoying to do with randoms, but a fun fight. The rest is all pretty good too. Just need a couple of cookie's tenderisers still :<

Deleted
    Other then the vancleef event, I found the entire dungeon to be boring, and not that well thought through. Most mechanics are cheap. The trash are boring, and alot of overkill in the amount of trash. Like before lumbering oafs, like 8 of those big oafs. 4 would have been enough.

It's a fun instance with interesting bosses, but it has way too much trash. That and SFK, too. They are just way too long if you ask me.

It's easy trash too, so it's kind of boring..
    Last edited by Zhalseran; 2010-12-23 at 05:41 PM.

the instance itself is dreadfull, but the wonderfull encounter vs cookie, foe reaper and especially vancleef make up for the way 2 much trash :3

Horrificlly tuned bosses. Have yet to finish it.

Deleted
    Just done it on heroic, I liked everything except the last boss. She's simply too long and too complicated for an 5-man end boss. I mean not even bloody Kael'thas in Tempest Keep didnt have this many phases...

it is in fact very enjoyable; however SFK for me personally was a little bit of a let down, was expecting much more

Awesome instance.
    It actually requires you to pay attention (heaven forbid) and follow certain mechanics.
    The *Bonus* Heroic fight (as opposed to the low-level normal dungeon) vs Vanessa was good times.
    I quite enjoyed the whole rope-swinging thing.

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    Just done it on heroic, I liked everything except the last boss. She's simply too long and too complicated for an 5-man end boss. I mean not even bloody Kael'thas in Tempest Keep didnt have this many phases...
    She has 3 phases. Kill her/adds, swing rope, kill her/adds, swing rope, kill her.
    It's not complicated, unless you think killing adds and avoiding fire is hard.

Dead mines was awesome the first day I did it. I have done it every day since and it just gets so old. After we got the achiv for doing the nightmare in five mins we just skip that whole part.

Deleted
    Vanessa is brilliant. Pure awesomeness. I want a similar fight but in a raid instance. *drool*

I spent 3 hours in there as a pug going through heals like no other. Its all intense and complicated. I actually enjoyed it especially the difficulty that ensued. Such a major difference compared to the wrath heroics. Sucked tho since somebody pulled vanessa before anybody was ready so that screwed our ending, but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Last night did Heroic Deadmines for the first time, and I hadn't been to that place yet since the revamp.

Can I just say O ... M ... G !! It's freaking awesome! I love it! Especially with the whole Vanessa VanCleef fight in the end. Just awesome! Can't wait to visit HSFK.

That is all ;-)
    You should make a low lvl and go back and do the quests in Westfall. There is a chain there that explains how deadmines ends up the way it is now and it is very fun and interesting to see how things unfold.

I've done it a couple times and I like it but it does seem like it has a bit too much trash. Especially, with some pretty mean trash mobs. I'd also say admiral ripsnarl is also a really mean fight and might be a little too difficult for a full group of people right at the min-requirements for heroics. I enjoyed foe reaver and it really isn't a bad fight as long as someone knows how to run the bot well.