Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    told my guild, "BrB loading addon" after the 20th wipe on Halfus Wyrmbreaker. Tried to log back in and got "unable to connect" ... got no mic for vent, guild must of thought i alt f4'd. FML

Yeah, I also had the same problem, freaked out, changed email/pass just to make sure, haha.
    But the part I dont get, is that I can log into another account, and log in.

Quote Originally Posted by InductionSamophlange View Post
    I'm paying for a product, my product is malfunctioning and I've never, ever received any compensation for the bugs, glitches, server drops or disconnects that are the responsibility of the producer of my product to ensure don't happen. I'm just saying that after years of these "things" happening I'm getting tired of it. I feel that it's completely acceptable to expect and demand more from the provider of a product I pay for.
    While your frustration is understandable, you seem confused as to what you're paying for. Read the Terms of Service sometime - you click through I ACCEPT every time the game's updated. Blizzard doesn't guarantee uptime. They don't guarantee access to servers, or even an account you can log in to. I agree it's annoying, but the "product" you're paying for is not unlimited access to their servers. It's access on a best-case basis, as they deem fit. And they're even allowed to take that access away (ie, ban you).

Sure, you can vote with your wallet as to what you think of the service they provide for the money you pay, but alas, there's plenty more players where you came from. So - pretty much - just accept that they keep the servers up MOST OF THE TIME, and realize while you're in a position to ASK for more than that, you're not on any footing to demand it. It's only when Blizzard faces a very dramatic number of people "voting with their wallet" that they'll change position or policy on a matter - eg, the real-name debacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    First time in months for myself....

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 11:23 AM ----------

Lol you expect Blizzard to compensate like 9 million players? Yeah keep dreaming bucko.
    Nope, that's not at all what I said, not even close actually, but thanks for trolling. Reading and comprehension must not be on your list of characteristics... Bucko
    Indeed

I'm paying for a product, my product is malfunctioning and I've never, ever received any compensation for the bugs, glitches, server drops or disconnects that are the responsibility of the producer of my product to ensure don't happen. I'm just saying that after years of these "things" happening I'm getting tired of it. I feel that it's completely acceptable to expect and demand more from the provider of a product I pay for.
    Any provider can only ever guarantee the triple 9s (99.9%). You're just being absurdly unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Yeah, I also had the same problem, freaked out, changed email/pass just to make sure, haha.
    But the part I dont get, is that I can log into another account, and log in.
    Indeed, it's appearing to be a Battle.net issue rather than a WoW issue. I've just been watching my connection in Wireshark and it's failing on the battle.net servers. Maybe they DROPTABLE'd half their subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

First time in months for myself....

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 11:23 AM ----------

Gee wow, you must be the only person in the Universe. I mean if it hasn't happened to you then it doesn't count. Fanboys are so silly. You see, as it turns out there are other people that play the game. Also as it turns out they experience different things than you. What will really blow your mind is that they are capable of having their own thoughts and opinions. Just because it doesn't coincide with yours doesn't make it any less valid. Go back to the official forums and troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    While your frustration is understandable, you seem confused as to what you're paying for. Read the Terms of Service sometime - you click through I ACCEPT every time the game's updated. Blizzard doesn't guarantee uptime. They don't guarantee access to servers, or even an account you can log in to. I agree it's annoying, but the "product" you're paying for is not unlimited access to their servers. It's access on a best-case basis, as they deem fit. And they're even allowed to take that access away (ie, ban you).

Sure, you can vote with your wallet as to what you think of the service they provide for the money you pay, but alas, there's plenty more players where you came from. So - pretty much - just accept that they keep the servers up MOST OF THE TIME, and realize while you're in a position to ASK for more than that, you're not on any footing to demand it. It's only when Blizzard faces a very dramatic number of people "voting with their wallet" that they'll change position or policy on a matter - eg, the real-name debacle.
    Quite true, my frustrations are clearly just getting the best of me. Thanks for being mature about your response.
    Indeed

Blizz made a post on the server status thing saying that is known. Its their side.

Nope, that's not at all what I said, not even close actually, but thanks for trolling. Reading and comprehension must not be on your list of characteristics... Bucko
    Trolling? Whatever you say.

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    Gee wow, you must be the only person in the Universe. I mean if it hasn't happened to you then it doesn't count. Fanboys are so silly. You see, as it turns out there are other people that play the game. Also as it turns out they experience different things than you. What will really blow your mind is that they are capable of having their own thoughts and opinions. Just because it doesn't coincide with yours doesn't make it any less valid. Go back to the official forums and troll.
    I simply meant that it hasn't happened to me for months now, and yes I do know the frustration others are feeling. People doing raids, farming specific mats', whatever the case. And yes I do understand everyone has their own opinion >.> And it's hardly trolling. It's merely MY opinion. Which I'm perfectly capable of having.

This is slowly turning into a thread that has nothing to do with it's reason for inception and a ego battle at that. Let's stick to the topic at hand. Please share any information on an ETA if you find it. I'd like to know if my day off will be spent trying to catch up my toon on WOW as I had planned or if I get to do laundry and plan my post holiday budget..... AKA fun.....
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterize View Post
    i heard mages were getting deleted and ret pallies were getting buffed.
    God, I laughed so hard. <3

Anywho, yeah, I've been getting that for about an hour now. >:/

Just logged in about 20 seconds ago, worth logging in again peoples

Since when was comparing experiences trolling? People need to chill - I said it's happened twice in a week, he noted he's only experiencing it now for the first time in months. FFS, not everyone who offers a differing opinion is trolling.

In other news, I'm back online.

Quote Originally Posted by The1AndOnlyAGar View Post
    Since when was comparing experiences trolling? People need to chill - I said it's happened twice in a week, he noted he's only experiencing it now for the first time in months. FFS, not everyone who offers a differing opinion is trolling.

In other news, I'm back online.
    He wrote

Because you know, this happens ALL THE TIME. Right?

Jeez.
    He also wrote that in a previous post.

Deleted some stuff because what's the point arguing. Fanboys will be fanboys

Sure, you can vote with your wallet as to what you think of the service they provide for the money you pay, but alas, there's plenty more players where you came from.
    You are wrong, wow growth has reached a very sharp decline. It was originally predicted WoW would reach over 13 m illion in 09. They only did 12 million in 10 because of new markets. Even now it's growth has fallen. At one point WoW held over 60% of the MMO market, now it's under 55%. This idea that if you don't like it leave, someone else will join is flawed. It will become more apparently soon with the emergence of real threats to WoW. You could just look at the guy from mmo report, save your pennies for The Old Republic. There are a number of others that are very innovative, and offer very interesting game play. Rift, Tera, etc. Next year should be quite wonderful. And no, I'm not saying any of them will be a WoW killer. I think what is killing WoW is the fact that the company, and a majority of it's player base, no longer cares about it's consumers.
    Last edited by unkn0wnerr0r; 2010-12-23 at 12:24 PM.

Fanboys will be fanboys

I know I should stop arguing because it's derailing the main topic, but what exactly am I a fanboy of?

I know I should stop arguing because it's derailing the main topic, but what exactly am I a fanboy of?
    I don't know about you but I'm a fanboy of being able to log into WoW.

Getting rather annoyed with Blizzard right now.

3 months ago i get hacked.

1 month ago i managed to get my battle.net account back, but not my three world of warcraft accounts.

1 week ago i gave up trying to get my world of warcraft account back and bought another one (And added my cata collectors t oit)

Started playing three days ago and after massive amounts of random disconnects, and then tonight i log off to install and addon and i cannot log back on (i got the Cannot connect error).

Now I am getting this

"Our login system has detected a change in your access pattern. In order to protect the account, we require you to verify your identity via a message sent to the -mail address associated with this account0 For more information, please visit [us.battle.net/wow/account-locked/en-us/]."

Yes, i use an Authenticator...

Wht the F*** ** **** is going on!?

Quote Originally Posted by holiver View Post
    Getting rather annoyed with Blizzard right now.

3 months ago i get hacked.

1 month ago i managed to get my battle.net account back, but not my three world of warcraft accounts.

1 week ago i gave up trying to get my world of warcraft account back and bought another one (And added my cata collectors t oit)

Started playing three days ago and after massive amounts of random disconnects, and then tonight i log off to install and addon and i cannot log back on (i got the Cannot connect error).

Now I am getting this

"Our login system has detected a change in your access pattern. In order to protect the account, we require you to verify your identity via a message sent to the -mail address associated with this account0 For more information, please visit [us.battle.net/wow/account-locked/en-us/]."

Yes, i use an Authenticator...

Wht the F*** ** **** is going on!?
    You might have a keylogger, it's a possibility. Have you run your anti-virus program for any infections?

Yeah I've got trend micro, and it does not come up with anything. I forgot to mention when i try to visit us.battle.net and log in, it accepts my information and authenticator code, and then comes up with "This service is not available"...

Rather annoying.

Edit: Some additional info on the issue.

When i type my password in wrong it comes up with "password incorrect"
    When i type my authenticator wrong it comes up with "login failed"

Also, someone on the us.battle.net forums came up with the following theory:

"""Users who login, then logout (or get disconnected), then try to login again can't login. However, if users who haven't logged in since X time try to login, they can. I don't know what X time is, probably since a couple of hrs ago."""

I could probably verify this as I logged out for 5 minutes and then was unable to log back in but my mate on vent who has not been o all day was able to log on. Also, I use an authenticator and h does not but I'm not sure that makes any difference.
    Last edited by holiver; 2010-12-23 at 02:01 PM.