Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    annoying rule with a contest (

posting because i cant join contest that started yesterday and ends tommarow

I see where you're coming from, how it can be annoying when you're not a spamming spyware toting bot, but it's like... ten posts. I've made ten posts in the last ten minutes. They're a couple sentences long. I made one post that was one sentence. As long as it's on topic, I mean, you don't need to worry.

Deleted
    Seems to me that many people dont understand that the contest(s) are actually for the comunity here, not some random people who go around and tell to themselves "kewl free mounts lolololol... Join the comunity, contribute a bit and there ya go.

10+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about the minimum post count clearly didn't see any of the Gold sellers spamming MMO-Champ every so often. Not that it was that bad, it was always cleared up within a few minutes, but it caused more work for the moderators.

Since the 10 minimum post count I haven't seen it once, so I think that it's good. However, I can see why people are getting annoyed. What I would suggest if you REALLY cannot bare to get a post count of 10? Put spaces in the image URLs. Surely Bibi / Whomever is judging should understand that this system is in place, so if someone has only made an account for the purpose of the contest, then the content is still there, it's just a little harder to get to.

Either that or make it so that images can be posted on the guide submission forum, as long as they are over a certain amount of characters, by people with any amount of posts.

---------- Post added 2010-12-26 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Seems to me that many people dont understand that the contest(s) are actually for the comunity here, not some random people who go around and tell to themselves "kewl free mounts lolololol... Join the comunity, contribute a bit and there ya go.
    No-where does it say that it's only for the MMO-Champion community.
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Still would have been nice to know about the min post thing before trying to do the contest

Quote Originally Posted by elaren View Post
    You should really re-evaluate your anti spamming measures. You've got a captcha on registration and searches. You've got an email verification requirement. And now you've got a minimum posting level before you can add URLs to your post. You've reached the point where you're hurting a real human with all of these hoops:

All I was trying to do was participate in your "Be nice, not naughty!" giveaway but your own systems prevent me from doing so. I'm not willing to spam 10 posts just to get around your arbitrary and ineffective spam measures. This is the kind of heavy handed treatment that'll make me get my WoW related news elsewhere.
    To me it sounds like you really don't care for the contest that you mentioned then, it really isn't hard to get 10 posts in a few hours, maybe less, so long as you are not posting things in threads like "first!" or "lol" as your only post you should be fine... Post reasonable things like Sunshine said and then submit for the contest, it isn't that hard.

I didn't have 10 posts either and thought it was stupid, when I posted my contest entries. But guess what, I was smart enough to make it a non-link and not have to worry about it. I also understood that this shouldn't be for some random kids, or people who make multiple accounts, so it really isn't stupid at all. It's to keep said from happening.

That and no one should be complaining about 10 posts (I wasn't sure of the limit at first). Stop being lazy and go reply to some posts! Or just make it a non-link and not worry about it!

I may not be a forum poster myself, but I'm always up to date on MMO and that's who the contest is looking for.
    Last edited by Eariam; 2010-12-26 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaren View Post
    You should really re-evaluate your anti spamming measures. You've got a captcha on registration and searches. You've got an email verification requirement. And now you've got a minimum posting level before you can add URLs to your post. You've reached the point where you're hurting a real human with all of these hoops:

All I was trying to do was participate in your "Be nice, not naughty!" giveaway but your own systems prevent me from doing so. I'm not willing to spam 10 posts just to get around your arbitrary and ineffective spam measures. This is the kind of heavy handed treatment that'll make me get my WoW related news elsewhere.
    As mean as this is....we don't want a QQing little child here anyway so personally, I'm more then happy seeing you slam the revolving door on your way out!

I went around and quickly gave my opinion on 10 posts to enter the drawing. I log on today and receive a spam warning, even though none of my posts were THAT BAD. That's pretty outrageous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sgschult View Post
    I went around and quickly gave my opinion on 10 posts to enter the drawing. I log on today and receive a spam warning, even though none of my posts were THAT BAD. That's pretty outrageous.
    That might be a little excessive, but your average post length is about 4 words lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sgschult View Post
    Hey, I got a week ban for calling some dude that was being a prick a prick :< The prick even admitted he was being a prick

Most of the time it's easy to avoid any infractions, I thought I could get away with one post since the dude was in fact an obvious asshole, but the mods smacked my face with the hammer >.< They run a tight ship, but for the most part it's for the better. Sure, you get over-zealous mods every now and then, but you get them everywhere on the internet. I'd rather get a ban now and then than have to trudge through messy shit from terrible posters all the time.

In a way the 10 post limit aided the integrity of the competition. Deterring people from trying multiple entries by doing heroics with a different character and posting a separate post. If there was no limit it would be incredibly easy to do that if you simply had more than one character at max level.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll use this post to get one closer. :P

Thats rly anoying with posting just to make numbers

15+ Year Old Account
    The rule isn't really designed to -stop- gold spammers but to hinder them.

If you post links in a post when you have under 10 posts, you'll be unable to post.
    If you post things resembling links in a post when you have under 10 posts and your message is remotely suspicious, your post will be blocked by a spam filter pending approval.

In combination, they effectively block nearly all gold spamming attempts. The few that do get through are really bizarre and don't trick many users anyway, and then we mark them as spam for the spam filter.

It's very, very annoying when we have contests, so we plan to remove the limit for the final hour before submission, to help people last minute submit it. Obviously we can't remove it for the entire duration of the contest because of the harm that would cause.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I have this same issue and I suppose that means I have to find 10 quality posts to dish out within a day or so :O. Wish me luck!

I have this same issue and I suppose that means I have to find 10 quality posts to dish out within a day or so :O. Wish me luck!
    Good luck!

Not sure what all the hooplah is about- If you haven't made at least 10 posts, which contribute to the mmo-champ community, than why should mmo-champ be "obligated" to let you have a chance at winning? Makes sense imo
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

Sticking to the requirements of the forums is not too hard, just look for things you want to comment on and you'll be able to do what you want soon enough.

lol i also came up to a problem when posting images for my guide for the contest and being told i could'nt post images XD good to know 10 posts isnt so far off and gives me an excuse to respond to a few topics :P

I think you may want to lift this for guild recruitment forums.
    Varnius 85 Warlock
    <Reckoning> Lightninghoof-US
    7/7 Heroic Firelands
    www.reckoningwow.com