Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few

    I'm getting this error when trying to submite a guide :S

    and im not rly into spamming just to get more posts xD


    very nice... HIGH FIIIIIVE!

  2. #2
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    So don't spam, post reasonable things. The minimum for links is 10 posts; it shouldn't be that hard to find that many topics to provide reasonable responses within almost a week that you have left for the contest.

  3. #3
    only 10 posts interesting off I go.

  4. #4
    You should really re-evaluate your anti spamming measures. You've got a captcha on registration and searches. You've got an email verification requirement. And now you've got a minimum posting level before you can add URLs to your post. You've reached the point where you're hurting a real human with all of these hoops:

    All I was trying to do was participate in your "Be nice, not naughty!" giveaway but your own systems prevent me from doing so. I'm not willing to spam 10 posts just to get around your arbitrary and ineffective spam measures. This is the kind of heavy handed treatment that'll make me get my WoW related news elsewhere.

  5. #5
    the minimum is 10 posts

  6. #6
    i'm pretty sure the minimum is 20 posts

  7. #7
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    The minimum is 10.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by elaren View Post
    You should really re-evaluate your anti spamming measures. You've got a captcha on registration and searches. You've got an email verification requirement. And now you've got a minimum posting level before you can add URLs to your post. You've reached the point where you're hurting a real human with all of these hoops:

    All I was trying to do was participate in your "Be nice, not naughty!" giveaway but your own systems prevent me from doing so. I'm not willing to spam 10 posts just to get around your arbitrary and ineffective spam measures. This is the kind of heavy handed treatment that'll make me get my WoW related news elsewhere.
    Only nine more to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Aalamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    135
    Its not really that hard to post ten times.

  10. #10
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalamar View Post
    Its not really that hard to post ten times.
    This. Of all the discussion here, between all of the wow forums (both general and class) and all of the off-topic forums (besides off-topic fun, where post count is disabled), we have so much to talk about. There are lots of places to give an opinion, post some cool art, ask a question, or anything. Even the news forum counts; let us know what you think about the latest contest or blue posts there.

  11. #11
    Only nine more to go! !

  12. #12
    Oh no, poor leeches can't get a chance for free things. Imagine needing to actually contribute to the community in order to be eligible for a contest with prizes with real life value. If you signed up just to enter a contest, personally I don't think you deserve to enter. Maybe that's just me.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This. Of all the discussion here, between all of the wow forums (both general and class) and all of the off-topic forums (besides off-topic fun, where post count is disabled), we have so much to talk about. There are lots of places to give an opinion, post some cool art, ask a question, or anything. Even the news forum counts; let us know what you think about the latest contest or blue posts there.
    Ironically, a person can't post some cool art until they have 10 posts, so your suggestion list kind of goes from "this is useful" to "is this guy intentionally being a jerk? hope not..." all of a sudden, there.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    Oh no, poor leeches can't get a chance for free things. Imagine needing to actually contribute to the community in order to be eligible for a contest with prizes with real life value. If you signed up just to enter a contest, personally I don't think you deserve to enter. Maybe that's just me.
    Real life value? As far as I can tell its all pixels and the real life I live in there are no pixels lol

  15. #15
    TCG loot requires that you buy a card, either by getting lucky or purchasing the specific card from another site. All of the TCG loot prizes for this contest sell for ~$100+. According to wowtcgloot, who is providing said prizes, the mottled drake is worth upwards of $300. The Pet pack prizes cost real money to acquire from the blizzard store, as well. This is what I mean when I say real life value. It's not like the prize is a pet rock and a stack of herbs.

  16. #16
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,322
    There are many things in place to prevent ads, spam and other such undesirable posts from appearing on the site. They are not meant to punish a new user, but to protect the community as a whole against things that no one wants to see in the first place. Granted it may be an inconvenience to someone who just singed up to post for the contest, however earning 10 posts isn't a big deal.

  17. #17
    Oh i was wondering why i could not post to enter the new Christmas comp! Good to know!

  18. #18
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In an igloo in Canada eh?
    Posts
    51
    Hey now, some of us just don't wish to post and instead lurk

  19. #19
    Or our english is not perfect. Feeling shameful not being able to write without typos or making mistakes unintentionally...
    I perfectly understand english but it takes me a lot of efforts to write in it, and making 10 posts would take me 10 times the effort it takes you to do it
    Anyway, so be it, merry christmas nonetheless

  20. #20
    yer thaat rule is anoying with the contest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •