Leatherworkin VS. JC, leveling and future profits

Hi!

I have a new toon and wanted to level a non gathering profession. Choices for me are JC or LW. Note, I know they give different bonuses, but that is not my main criteria in this instance: I would like to know which ones are currently easier/cheaper to level to 525, in terms of time investment and money investment. Clearly, different servers have different prices and economies, but I presume there has to be a genereal tendency.

Secondly, what are prospects for profits of those two professions? I guess I can get Chaos Orbs for LW and make good money by crafting stuff. BUt I heard Blizzard will make those BoE in the future anyways, which would cut into profits. What about profits from JC once 525?

For me JC was cheaper than LW. Thus far JC has financed itself, LW, all secondary professions and Alch/ench on an alt.

JC pays off allot but the downside is there are ALLOT of jc'ers and the market prices drop down fast.
    There is this awesome peak of sales when new content patches get released, first 2-3 weeks is a goldmine and then it slows down again.

I'm a LW and sell orb crafts for 1k per orb, with the orb change (none crafters can't roll on them anymore) it is quite easy to get them. So i just combine rep farming with gold making.