Question What Should I buy first with my Valor Points? Frost Mage True Story

Well as we all know we have the t11 bonus, now focusing only on frost mage spells, the t11 bonus do the following for us:

t2 bonus: 5% crit on ice lance ->

So that is like the frostbolt glyph, not sure if it will multiply with the shatter bonus. But still isn't that appealing to me.
    I mean I do use them often when ever i reach 2 finger of frost and i have Deep freeze on cd and there is no brain freeze proc.

t4 bonus: Reduces the cast time of Frostbolt 10% ->
    Being my spam spell whenever there is no proc (orforcing a proc with my pet), looks acceptable but still not that awesome look like for a 4p bonus.

I'm aware that the heroics will usually surpass the off tier pieces, but this is my situation:

I'm looking forward to get all epics on my mage:

T11 gloves: I've already got the reputation gloves with earthen ring
    t11 chest: I've got lucky and got an epic chest on stonecore, quite awesome btw.
    t11 pants: Well I'm a tailor quite near to get 525, and already got 5 dreamcloth so I'll be able to make either epic pants or get the belt.

So those are the only ones that can be purchase through valor points, so I wonder if getting something else might end up a better solution or the t11 is mandatory.

Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smita/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Get any piece of T11 except the head. I'd say start with the pants since they have a healthy dose of hit on them making gearing up for heroic raiding a bit easier.
    BfA Beta Time

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chest first imo. You can always get gloves/legs from Baradin Hold.

I was thinking of it too, but that would mean that my 2 tailor pants are not that worth it?

This is the comparison between t11 pants, tailor #1 and tailor #2:

t11
    Intellect 301
    Mastery rating 0
    Critical strike rating 0
    Haste rating 228
    Hit rating 188
    Sockets 2

Tailor #1
    Intellect 321
    Mastery rating 0
    Critical strike rating 214
    Haste rating 216
    Hit rating 0
    Sockets 1

Tailor #2
    Intellect 321
    Mastery rating 241
    Critical strike rating 185
    Haste rating 0
    Hit rating 0
    Sockets 1

So should I sell the pants I'm going to craft?, I mean they both grant me crit which is important for frost, I'm planning on getting the hit trinket with rep. So my question still remains.

Is t11 mandatory for frost?
    Last edited by Taurrus; 2010-12-23 at 06:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    4 piece T11 is BiS for all specs, with the Sinestra Helm/Engineering Goggles being BiS for the respective levels of raiding.

I still say get the pants, sell your crafted stuff for a profit, enjoy being hit capped, save points for your next piece.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    4 piece T11 is BiS for all specs, with the Sinestra Helm/Engineering Goggles being BiS for the respective levels of raiding.

I still say get the pants, sell your crafted stuff for a profit, enjoy being hit capped, save points for your next piece.
    Alright then thanks, I'll do that then

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Get any piece of T11 except the head. I'd say start with the pants since they have a healthy dose of hit on them making gearing up for heroic raiding a bit easier.
    Wouldn't the chest be better as the legs can drop from Argaloth though it's a loot lottery.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Wouldn't the chest be better as the legs can drop from Argaloth though it's a loot lottery.
    The legs are better for stats, and relying on RNG from Argaloth's huge loot list and then hoping there's no other mages isn't really ideal.
    Just because something can drop doesn't mean that it will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Legs are a better choice simply because they free up other gearing options due to the Hit they have on them and the item budget on legs is usually higher than other pieces. If you want to rely on a boss you might not always do for a chance of a drop that might not happen, go for it.
    BfA Beta Time

i would say get the chest first because the pants have a chance to drop from argalon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepanda View Post
    i would say get the chest first because the pants have a chance to drop from argalon
    Sigh. Really? That was discussed already in the thread and overall pants are still a better choice than the chest.
    BfA Beta Time

Too bad that my first epics I have occupy the t11 spots that can be bought through valor points.