10+ Year Old Account

Video Guide to From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee

Here is my video guide to From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee.

The video is only accessible if you have the link to the video, as to be hidden from everyone until the contest winners are announced, so that my guide will remain original and impossible to steal.

Direct Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1kUvDLDqU

Here is the script for the video. (There is some adlib)

Hi my name is Exonfang and welcome to my video guide on the Achievement, "From Hell's Heart I stab at Thee", where you kill the Whale Shark in Vesh'jir.

The safest and easiest way to obtain this achievement is to be in a group of 3-5, where all players are Level 85. While, the whale shark is soloed by ranged classes, it is significantly harder and will take much more time if you're by yourself. The fight will last anywhere from 15, to 45 minutes long, depending on your dps and tank.

The group composition should be as follows;
    The tank should either be a feral (bear) druid, a blood death knight, a protection paladin, or any ranged dps class with a lot of instant cast spells or DoTs.
    The DPS are preffered to be ranged, however melee dps can deal damage to the shark if they are verycareful. (More on this later.) Any class is viable.

Now for the strategy;
    When you pull, I suggest kiting the shark to the shell, being very careful of range, and then doing laps around the shell, sticking fairly close to the shell. Instruct your tank to maintain 6-20 yards in distance, never venturing below 6, or above 20, because past these thresholds the whale shark will either instant kill you, or reset. A good addon for this is RangeDisplay, a link to which can be found in the description. Your ranged dps should be behind the tank, with atleast one stacking with the tank, incase the tank either dies or ventures too far away. Your melee dps should be positioned around the eye, taking great care not to venture into the shark's body, as this will instantly kill the dps. If the dps are generating too much threat, and are about to pull, they can venture away from the shark to reset their aggro.

---

The fight is mainly positioning, because if there are no characters between 0-20 yards from the shark, he will reset.

The tank MUST stay between 6-20 yards to maintain threat, and must be able to generate threat at a distance.

The DPS cannot pull off of the tank, or the shark will reset. For this reason, for the first few minutes, allow your tank to gain threat, and have your dps standby. Only when your tank has a good threat lead should the dps start dpsing.

A good addon to monitor threat is Omen, a link to which can be found in the description.

---

If you're soloing, simply stay between 8-20yds and dps the shark down, kiting him around the shell. This will take anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours depending on the dps.

---

Once you've mastered juggling the threat and range, it's an easy, however long, kill.

Thank you for watching and remember to rate, comment, and subscribe, my name is Exonfang, and I'll see you next time!

Here is the Video Description;

This is my Entry to MMO-Champion.com's Guide Contest.

This video is unlisted so that it is completely private, will be public after the contest Ends. My MMO-Champion account name is Exonfang.

This is my achievement guide to "From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee", or how to kill the Whale Shark in Vashj'ir. Big thanks to Lovechild, Rolander and Pingus on Alleria-US (Alliance Side) For grouping with me to complete this achievement, check out their youtube channels;

Lovechild - Youtube.com/cadillacal74
    Rolander - Youtube.com/animalality

Omen - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...eat-meter.aspx
    RangeDisplay - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...e-display.aspx

Thanks for watching, please comment if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them all! I read all questions!

After watching your video guide I am going to plan to solo the Whale Shark, I didn't know until now that it was so slow moving.

I play an Elemental Shaman, and I believe that I can move cast move cast while keeping my Flame Shock DOT up on the shark. I Pull between 14 and 27k dps in raids so I don't think it will be an issue.

Any tips will be helpful though, thank you for your guide.

Update: I tried multiple times averaging 15,000 DPS and at best taking about 1.5million hp off the beast after just a couple minutes, but either went to far away or had him get within range enough to 1 shot me.
    Last edited by Sabtheshaman; 2011-01-31 at 02:08 PM.