View Poll Results: Do you enjoy how Chaos Orbs are currently?

Voters
362. This poll is closed
  • Yes

183 50.55%
  • No

81 22.38%
  • Couldn't care less

98 27.07%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I came back to the site after hours to see this topic still going...

Is it that hard to understand, Crafters have the right to an item which they can then craft their items.. the OP of this thread must be new to the game and not remember how things were at the start of a "Previous Expansion"

Very simple basics, if your in a Guild the price of the orb should be irrelevant and you should help your fellow Guild Mates out, if your attempting to get something outside of what your Guild offers, you deal with it and accept the asking price of the Orbs.

I am an Eng, got my own Orbs for my own Bow / Helm after farming for a few days I got the mats together and found a BS with 3 Chaos Orbs to craft my Poleaxe, I never once saw any difficulty in acquiring the item, in fact I had about 10 Blacksmiths respond with various prices for said Orbs.

What is the issue really, are you to broke to handle the prices? In which case you just get yours crafted a few days later, no need for irrelevant spam on forums with repetitive threads about the same thing.

There is nothing wrong with the system as it stands, either work with your Guild ( Which I'm sure is one of the side goals of Blizzard ) or save your Gold and deal with Trade Chat's pricing system.

Oh noes, you didn't answer anything. I actually made this account because this is my first time on the forums. I couldn't care what you thought about me toward the end of this one way or another. There's an issue with the orbs, it's painfully obvious that there is.
    There's your answer and your response you fool now pipe down and cry less

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Engineers cannot, in no shape or form, make money off of Chaos Orbs.
    ilvl 346 gun and bow, there are a LOT of hunters out there bud.

Yeah. I have people lining up... left right and centre for a 346 ilvl bow/gun. I mean, the line-up is so long is leaves SW gate and starts at Goldshire.

Be realistic. If the weapons were 359 epic like the tailoring crap, then it would be almost worth the price of admission. It isn't. Anyone would be insane to pay the price of the materials needed to craft suck crappy blues.

In case you are wondering... on my server, truegold x 3 would net around 3000g. The Chaos is around 2000g. 9 Hardened Elementium? 2700g. Do you see anyone paying 7700g for this weapon?

I stand by my statement.
    Even if you ignore the price of the chaos orb, it's still more expensive to make than I've ever seen people buy it for.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

For the Engineer: Hasn't it always been like that? The only decent things you can make are BoP or require engineering? Lot of cool toys but no moneymaking potential? Not to say it doesn't suck.
    And as someone put it earlier, I would really like to give enchanters the choice on whether or not to let people use their disenchanting for free. D/E used to be a good moneymaker. But back on topic...

No one who is opposed to this system has really made a concrete argument on why it should not exist. Just "I don't like it so they should change it." I would like to know what makes it either a bad or incongruous system. Lots of things I don't like, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be changed.

One such argument might be that 'it is unfair that these crafters alone get orbs based on all of our work.' This is true. So do skinners, herbalists, miners, and anyone who need rolls. Personally, I think several of these mechanics are questionable. But they exist, and the only difference here is the quantity of money to be made.

Another argument is that it leaves the prices too high. This is just a silly argument. If prices being too high is a reason for a change, why stop there? Why not make every boss, heroic or not, drop them? Prices would go down really quick.
    (By the way, the quantity has gone up due to the most recent hotfix now that people that would roll the orbs and then have them rot in their bank can no longer do so, and orbs are guaranteed to go to a crafter)

For those of who who are complaining that these prices are unfair, give me a break. Unless you can HONESTLY say that you have intentionally sold something for half the price you could have, you have done the same thing. Prices right now are high. It is supply and demand. If there wasn't a demand for chaos orbs at 5k each, the price would go down. You can't expect crafters to intentionally screw themselves over. You don't see savage leather selling for 10g each, then sell it for 5g because that is more 'fair'.

Now, for ways to solve your own issues. If you think these crafters are making obscene profits... change your craft. I did. Roll a tank or heals then queue with a crafter. It will be a good reason for them to give you a discount. Yell at people selling other BoE epics--these having high prices raise the prices of crafted items. Or keep complaining on here. That will probably be just as effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    Removing BoP from Chaos Orbs will not help the market and much less crafters. They are not going to be "readily available" if you take them from crafters, give them to people that can't use them, only so they can sell them back to those crafters again. Leave them BoP, leave them rollable-only by crafters.
    i totally agree, mate. ppl going on about the orbs being made available to everyone, are the type who would put them in the AH for stupid prices

Deleted
    I'm happy with the current system the only things that piss me off are the FEE crafters wish for they Chaos Orbs we gave them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineers cannot, in no shape or form, make money off of Chaos Orbs.
    Nor can jc so since i cant use them i dont care about them.

Its good that they made only people who need the chaos orbs acctualy need it instead of just reselling them, I'm a JC and a minner so I cannot roll on it but still...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in two minds about this whole thing.

Firstly, I think it forces people with production professions to run heroics endlessly if they want to actually make any money.

But also, it prevents people who have no use for the Orbs from selling them to make an enormous profit.

I personally dont think that i should have to depend on other people to have mats for something i want. I have multiple toons as well so why should i have to go through the trouble of doing ehroics on my warrior for orbs to make a weapon for my shaman? This works the same way with my guildies. Why on earth should my guildies have to depend on me being online or any other blacksmith in guild so that they can get mats for something.

Blizz is usually pretty good about making it to where people could play by themselves and not have to depend on other people to get things for them, but this is honestly to worst attempt to get people to work together that i have ever seen. Yes maybe this will get a lot of guild crafters like myself off of their asses and do heroics so that my guild can progress but isnt it a little silly when Player A has to wait for Player B to go run heroics to get the item for Player A. Shouldnt Player A be able to work and get all of the mats for Player A's item. making other people work for your shit is pointless.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not very happy with current situation, it makes sense. Materials for crafting last tier of gear shouldn't be easy to obtain. Crafting professions cost tons to level, so they get their kicks on top crafts.
    Though, I'd be happy to see chaos orbs as JP sink, even if it was a full cap per one.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    The only thing i see here is people whit profesions that can use Chaos orb , say it is nice to see as the current system , people that cant use it say is not ok, so sad people dont recognice the truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    Removing BoP from Chaos Orbs will not help the market and much less crafters. They are not going to be "readily available" if you take them from crafters, give them to people that can't use them, only so they can sell them back to those crafters again. Leave them BoP, leave them rollable-only by crafters.

Non-crafters usually have two gathering professions. These already make enough gold imo.
    Inscription and Enchanting making gold? XD

Make them BoE, prices will fall as they will have a value to the people buying the orbs, and can subsequently take all the mats to the crafters.

I also don't like this since my crafters are not the players I'm going to be running mass heroics on.
    Last edited by mmocf11b357654; 2010-12-24 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezrow View Post
    I personally dont think that i should have to depend on other people to have mats for something i want. I have multiple toons as well so why should i have to go through the trouble of doing ehroics on my warrior for orbs to make a weapon for my shaman? This works the same way with my guildies. Why on earth should my guildies have to depend on me being online or any other blacksmith in guild so that they can get mats for something.

Blizz is usually pretty good about making it to where people could play by themselves and not have to depend on other people to get things for them, but this is honestly to worst attempt to get people to work together that i have ever seen. Yes maybe this will get a lot of guild crafters like myself off of their asses and do heroics so that my guild can progress but isnt it a little silly when Player A has to wait for Player B to go run heroics to get the item for Player A. Shouldnt Player A be able to work and get all of the mats for Player A's item. making other people work for your shit is pointless.
    Why do you have to run heroics on your warriot for orbs to make a weapon for your shaman? short answer. for the same reason you run around with your skinner/lw to craft leg enchants for your dps/tank or craft mail/leather for your other mail/leather toon. that's what professions are all about. Supply and demand only works as long as there is both supply and demand. If everyone has the supply there's only the demand for items. and the value of items drops consistently.

Still i don't see what the big fuss is. We had for a very long time items like recipes that drop and only show to the people that also have the required profession. For example enchanting or jewelcrafting. or simply recipes that are BoP. Did you roll on those too just because you could? if you did then you're a bad player. End of story
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

eh ppl r just going to make more money off chaos orbs now its kind of nice

Yes, it is fine. Otherwise ninjas would take them all

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I don't mind paying crafters, the issue is you don't see many people making them and they want 30K for a starter epic. No one is buying them so they will come down. I would pay 10K for a starter epic, but 30K? I would even pay like 5K and my mats, which is very fair, but at this time they just aren't out there. We only have 1 525 BS at this time in our guild so items are being spread fairly slowly.

But either way not losing sleep, at least I got my shield
    I charge 600g per orb which imo is very fair, mind you my orb count is now up to ~ 45 and counting

I've started collecting orbs and im not even maxed BS yet. Just in hopes that they become usefull later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    This post makes no sense. So you'd rather they allow chaos orbs to be given to people who can't use them at all? This should increase the amount of chaos orbs crafters have and decrease the value of them, therein decreasing the value of items they can make with them. So... what's the problem again?
    Beat me too it. But yeah, essentially if non-crafters rolled need on it then less orbs would be around. That would make the crafted items more rare and therefore more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig View Post
    Inscription and Enchanting making gold? XD

Make them BoE, prices will fall as they will have a value to the people buying the orbs, and can subsequently take all the mats to the crafters.

I also don't like this since my crafters are not the players I'm going to be running mass heroics on.

Inscription can if they grind out to darkmoon card. One of my guildies made the first hurricane deck horde side and sold for 50,000. Enchanting? Most enchants don't even go below 300g on my server, 1k for hurrican enchant. And I'm sorry for the crafters not being ones you choose to run heroics with. =X

Honestly as on person mentioned earlier had a similar system with primal nether. They were bop to start, but eventually went boe. Then in t5 there was primal vortex's which did the same. I know alot of caster's paid top dollar for Belt of blasting.

*edit* I still find it funny not even two weeks into cata eveyone thinks blues suck, but its not the color that make the item it's the stats. It's not like epics have 2x the amount of stats on it either. Better stats? Yes. Make/break runs in comparison to heroic gear? Probably not.
    Last edited by Jektar; 2010-12-24 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    I see it as, if chaos orbs can only be picked up by people who have certain professions, so should enchanting mats
    Of course, this is biased as I'm an enchanter myself

The crafters will want them for themselves so they can keep their prices up whereas people that cannot use them will want to be able to roll on them