View Poll Results: Do you enjoy how Chaos Orbs are currently?

Voters
362. This poll is closed
  • Yes

183 50.55%
  • No

81 22.38%
  • Couldn't care less

98 27.07%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irgoodatstuff View Post
    I see it as, if chaos orbs can only be picked up by people who have certain professions, so should enchanting mats
    Of course, this is biased as I'm an enchanter myself

The crafters will want them for themselves so they can keep their prices up whereas people that cannot use them will want to be able to roll on them
    the enchanting thing is not exactly the same. because most drops in a dungeon are BoE greens, so even if you don't de them, hey can just trade them to people who have DE. The only difference is on bosses since the blues are BoP. That's half the mats they can get without our help anyway. Its just the shards that loose their overall value.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Deleted
    For now I'm only using the orbs for my own gear and that of my guildies. And for those who will have to pay some sort of fee for crafting and orb ( you can supply the rest of the mats yourself) it seems only fair to me. Most people who don't have some sort of usefull proffesion have 2 gathering proffesions, they can make a load of gold with that anyway. the fact that the orbs are bop means that they won't be able to make another small fortune with them on the ah.

Everyone wants something for nothing on this game. Crafters that had 525 professions within the first week spent a lot of time and money getting it there. They deserve to be able to make money back off their investment. If the orbs weren't BoP everybody would roll on them and then try to sell them for huge sums of money. I think this is the fairest way to do it at this time in the game without making it hard on crafters to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I stopped ready half way down the first page. People complaining you can't get a BoP orb is ridiculous. Frozen Orbs were like this at first, if I remember right. They changed it afterwards. It's a cycle this stuff goes through.

As for the actual topic comment, if you have two gathering professions you are making a killing on the AH, on any server you play on, atm. If you have an Alchemist, you are making gold on transmutes. If you are a BS, LW, Eng, or Tailor, you make money from epics. It's not that they are worth 20,000G. It's just the crafters are try to make a quick fortune. If you can't afford it, wait for a smart crafter to place a lower priced one. If you have the gold to buy it, more power to you, but then people will start placing all of those epics at that price.

We want to make an epic piece of gear. We need mats. We either A) go to the AH and buy your overpriced gathering mats B) jump on an alt thats main purpose is to support our mains progression and farm the mats our selves. The way I look at it, you gathers price mats so high, it's no wonder crafters price their products so high as a taunt. That being said, my point is, we are crafters. That is our money pot. So either drop your gathering, and pick up a production profession, or live with gathering.

New changes to chaos orbs are amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    Removing BoP from Chaos Orbs will not help the market and much less crafters. They are not going to be "readily available" if you take them from crafters, give them to people that can't use them, only so they can sell them back to those crafters again. Leave them BoP, leave them rollable-only by crafters.

Non-crafters usually have two gathering professions. These already make enough gold imo.
    I agree with you

I'm happy with the way it works now, actually ensures getting a tip for making someone something, that 99% of the time we paid for the recipe ourselves. Last week made someone the mail pvp set.... cost of the recipes is 8000 gold(80 heavy savage leather at a price of 100g a piece), and got a 50g tip from it.... to me that's pretty ludicrous.