Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink How to easily fix Tol barad and make it more fun for both sides.

ATM:
    Def: Guard one base or run around in a circle 9/10 = a win.
    Att: .... lose?

Fix:
    The easy way to fix this zone is to give the attackers a buff that can be controlled by the defenders. I think when you destroy a Tower/Spire everyone that is attacking should get a stackable 10% damage/healing buff that can stack up to 3 times. What this does? Makes the defenders actually move away from the fort and try and defend the towers. If they fail to defend the towers they will get raped by the attackers when they try to hold onto the forts. Now this makes attacking more fun cause you do more damage/healing if you play smart. This now makes defending more fun cause you have to stop the attackers from capping all 3 bases and keep them from gaining a 1/2/3 stackable 10% buff.

Overall. This keeps one side from controlling TB from Cata Release.

So do you think this would save/fix Tol Barad or no?

Doesn't sound too bad, BUT!

On my server we might be 6-10 people defending, making it nearly impossible to defend all the towers + keeping the forts.
    Which results in letting them destroy the towers and just defend the forts.
    But thanks for making an effort .

In my opinion, Tol Barad SHOULDN'T be easy to take. It shouldn't switch hands every battle. I like how it is now, where it takes a strong, coordinated effort to take it, and you're properly awarded by keeping it until the other faction succeeds with a strong, coordinated effort.

Now for a quick question before I'm gone for a week. When was the last time you lost while defending? Even if it is 10v10 the defenders have it 100 times easier job. Anywho out for xmas.

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays.

Yeah but when one teamn dominates it for weeks on end, you don't have access to the extra dailies/argaloth. Wintergrasp was well balanced in the end, and i think fighting for one overall objective is a better idea.

For example, to capture Tol Barad, the attacker has to capture two out of the three points, then capture a relic/object in the central part of the island. However the relic would be defended by walls which would be invulnerable until the two points had been captured by the attackers, at this point they become destructible and the defenders must prevent the attackers from destroying these walls until the end of the timer. Of course the towers would still there to increase the time limit for the attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Towers are near impossible to defend in most cases, as 3 ppl can keep a steady stream of 1 million health tanks rolling in at all 3 towers, which take more then 4 ppl per tower dpsing to keep up the pace. They also have the GY right there, making pvp superiority of the area very difficult without outnumbering them.

On the flip side, actually winning a TB as an attacker is near impossible as is, due to the ease of zerging. I feel your suggestions dont adress either issue too well (zerging will still work even with 30% buffs).

My idea for a while has been to make the towers much harder to attack, make the seiges spawn less often, and remove the tower GY's for attackers. Now the initial game takes 15 mins, and if attackers ever take 3 bases they still win. Now at the end of those 15 mins, the side with the most bases wins. Being captured bases (in transition ones) count for neither. Ties go to the defender. Now each tower down adds 1-2 mins of "sudden death" time, where the attackers automatically win if they hold 2 bases at any time during this period (after the initial 15). If they do not, then at the end of the "sudden death" time, the winner is the team with the most bases, tie goes to the defenders.

There, non trivial rules, just hope they arent too complex

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    In my opinion, Tol Barad SHOULDN'T be easy to take. It shouldn't switch hands every battle. I like how it is now, where it takes a strong, coordinated effort to take it, and you're properly awarded by keeping it until the other faction succeeds with a strong, coordinated effort.
    TB is near impossible to take unless the defending side is retarded. I feel bad for the Alliance on my realm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Alliance on my server has yet to EVER have Tol Barad.

Not related to the PvP, but please, Blizz, I beg of you. NERF the spawn rates of the mobs for the dailies. Trying to do quests in the Hole or D-Block by yourself almost always results in death.

my thought for an easy fix is to make it so you require 2 towers to win at end of time. this would prevent one giant turtle circleing towwers for duration of game. i think adding in that tower mechanic would also help
    p.s to the person who says that it shoulld be hard to get it back across it should be equaly testing to defend as attack
    p.p.s to the person who submited that it should be hard to win do you play starcraft 2 if so is your mpr terran

IMO No, a tenacity style buff is not the answer.

Lately there's been a lot of threads trying to explain away Tol Barad's design, intricate detailed plans on how to win as offense, and some even timing GY runs and travel times from fort to fort.

I think most of us can agree that the problems with Tol Barad all originate from the defense not needing maneuvering tactics, not even the 'you go this way we'll go that way' tactic that every other BG/pvp zone has.

Defense needs to have a reason to leave a fort. Yes, even that one fort where most of the defense team is afk chilling at. They need to have a reason to get out there and do something to prevent a loss. In WG it was south tower offense. An idea I thought of yesterday is the following, fairly simple one:

Towers:

-First tower to fall grants a flat 10 minute timer increase to the current match.

-Second tower to fall allows the attacker team to capture Tol Barad once two forts are fully captured.

-Third tower to fall would allow attacking team to capture Tol Barad with only one fort fully captured.

Deleted
    Doesn't Tol Barad have an internal balance like Wintergrasp, ranging from 0 to 700?

Deleted
    Just make it so that you need to control 2 bases to win, and at least 5min must've passed (to avoid the early-caps for people rushing out after they get the inv).

Personally if they just took WG, removed all the snow, reskinned all the buildings there to the current TB building skins, and plopped it down ontop of what is currently TB...I wouldnt mind much.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Sounds cool in theory, but no. On my server, it hasn't even switched sides yet. How fun is that for players on my faction? It's not. And even if we do take it, we'll more than likely lose it the next battle since the only people (if any) who show up generally are terrible and don't understand what to do.

The overall idea is still flawed though. When you only have one person per battle (seriously, that's about the average for my faction) it's still very difficult to be able to attack the damn towers. A better idea would be to just remove the control idea and make it a death match sort of deal. Defenders have XX number of lives and once those run out, they lose the fort. Attackers have a time limit as always in which to take out the number of lives (which would ideally vary depending on numbers within the current battle). Defenders would also be unable to just camp at a place only they could access as well. Just an idea, not a great one, but at least it would be easier to take that damn Island...
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Deleted
    i agree whit the OP make the defenders want to defend the towers, actualy no one defend the towers and they get destroyed by one person or two that put the tanks and left to catch bases.
    Maibe 10% is to much but 5% damage/healing per tower to the attackers, plus 5% less damage/healing done for the defenders so they feel actualy weaker.

Deleted
    No the best idea would be if more towers were added and the number of towers capped to win is lowered. Let's say you must capture 4 of 8 towers to win. This would be far more stressing and interesting.

Is not a bad idea, is more interesting than tol barad actual system

I like the Deathmatch idea, it would make the defenders work harder not to die when they swarm the bases.

Deleted
    Interesting..