Your best experience with random people in Cata?

It's so easy to overlook with all the morons deliberately trying to ruin your day or just being stupid beyond what one would think to be humanly possible, and the name of the threads here at mmoc reflects that. So I figured, hey, let's do something different! What's YOUR best experience with a random person or group in Cataclysm?

Myself, I've had some good runs the first time I've done a dungeon. I read all tactics before I started up, but reading and doing is different things, and I had a blast doing with people not having a clue or not having tried out, talking about how the dungeons work, how to deal with bosses, finally succeeding on the first boss of Halls of Origination and the cheers after that(very early in the expansion, all took a lot of damage, healer couldn't heal too well, you know how it was).

The BEST, however, was just now. We FINALLY had Tol Barad, very rare at my realm for some reason, so I went on to do my dailies and reach my tokens for my trinket. Christmas really stresses me out and I was in a grumpy mood, didn't want to say LFG Problim because there's always someone going "lol l2p solo ez", usually druid/DK/pally(no offense to the classes, my point is that they probably have a better shot at him solo than a PvE DPS/PvP DPS specced warrior...), so I tried to see if he really was lolez to solo. He wasn't, and a mage tried to save me, but stupid me was tired and didn't notice what the hell was going on, so I kept punching and died. The mage whispered me "retard, I try to save you but you're too stupid", so I whispered back "well, I'm not stupid enough to harass people at least", reported, ignored and moved on, more grumpy than ever.

I ressed and figured there was no point in actually reporting him and ruining for him for trying to help me out just because my mood was bad, I felt really bad about it, and removed the ticket. The mage found me after I ressed and started following me. I figured he was going to try ruin stuff for me or something, but he actually helped me kill the crocolisks faster and tried to get my attention.

Here's the great part: I removed the ignore and started writing an apoligy for being mean to him when he had tried to help me out and explaining my . While I was writing he wrote me one, apoligizing for namecalling and explaining that he had a bad day. We talked for quite some time, had same issues to relate to with the mood, bad day etc, and really sorted things out. I dunno about him, but at least my mood became much better than before we talked. Really made it sink in that these are actually people I'm meeting around, not just speakerbots set to "verbal abuse". Felt really good to see nice strangers again.

Anyone else with a sunshine story to share? I for one would love to hear some nice PuG stories, I need to do a lot of them during holidays and the other PuG stories here demotivate me. A lot.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always try to be nice to people I run into because they're people too and have bad days just as often as you or I.

With that being said I love running dungeons with pleasant/funny strangers. I know that on multiple occasions I've ran Heroics with a group, really liked them and stuck together. One group had a tank and healer couple and after running a few heroics they invited me to come play on their server and they'd have a spot for me in their guild. On another occasion I had another boyfriend and girlfriend and we were running Halls of Reflection. Tank dropped after the first boss because he didn't drop the shield. Next tank saw that we already killed the first boss and left. So we ended up waiting together for a good hour or two, just talking and dancing around a disco ball. Eventually my internet D/C'd and they left.

My favorite encounter so far was when I was running heroics for the first time and I got a healer who typed out all the fights in a neat and descriptive manner and stuck with us for quite a few runs. Extremely helpful for someone who is new to heroics.

No, i have no positive interactions with pugs.

I just queue'd for a Heroic Grim Batol in hopes of that damn non-existant trinket to drop off the last boss (which it didn't). I got in with a group just before the first boss, and the healer was pretty much like "great, another scrub tank with low HP." I was in my DPS gear, so I switched over to my tank set and spec, and he instantly swallowed his words when he saw my 175k HP. A guildie and I proceeded to carry them through the instance, 3-manning the 3 of the 4 bosses(both other DPS kept dying, even after I explained the fights to them.) That certainly made him happy, and goes to show that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

PS: Not that my DPS set is anything to be ashamed of, either way. And yes,

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a RealID friend on a different server and I now talk to him more than anybody

I made a RealID friend on a different server and I now talk to him more than anybody
    Me too (: He actually transfered his main to my server, so we could do raids and other junk together

I had a group in Heroic Grim Batol the other day, we wiped on the bosses and fixed the problems till we cleared the place. It was most impressive to get such a mature group.

I was in a heroic today and we only had 1 wipe i was proud of my group err...i forget the name but it's the one in the sky in Uldum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had absolutely no good pug experiences, and many many rude and impolite pug experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in a 4 people guild group (1 dps short). We had an Ele shaman pug join us. After the run we asked him if he wanted to transfer to our server and join the guild. He was able to top our No1 mage in dps and CC.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did H Lost City, we wiped once on the second-to-last boss. Other than that, everyone knew what they were doing, and the Tank marked, Mage Polymorphed, and the Hunter used Ice Trap AND Wyvern Sting. At the same time. Most Hunters I get don't realize you can do that.

I play was specced dps / resto (druid) and respecced to tanking to abuse the system and get faster queues. Last time I tanked was in Ulduar so a couple of things changed.

So I stepped into Lost City (ran it once on normal, first time on heroic). We wiped on each boss but always had constructive criticism from each player and by the end of the run we had really good chemistry. It was way more fun than anything I have done recently. I felt like it was challenging and after putting in the time and effort, we overcame.

We had one pull where I (tank) messed up and pulled an extra mob and at the same time a DPS messed up and pulled another 2 mobs. So we had 2 (originally pulled) + 2 (dps pulled) + 1 (myself) = 5. Before I could even pop CDs, the warlock banised one, another one was sheeped and I forgot what other CC we had but basically by the time the 3 mobs got to me we were on top of a situation which moments before that was a FOR SURE wipe.

That being said, go to your spell book, check all your spells and if you think there is something which you could use, even for 1 or 2 pull, put it on your bar somewhere and use it. It's more fun for you and easier on tank/healer.

Deleted
    i wish i wasnt this antisocial to actually make friends anywhere that i enjoy talking to , aslong as our interests don't cross, i find everyone else boring, or am not feeling right speaking to em, this translates to not having a gf but a couple ''friend''ships with benefits irl swell, wish i could get along with people on an emotional, or a deeper social level.

Was questing and grouped with some random mage, when we ran into the quest with the TF2 Heavy reference, we both got it and started talking about it. Finally someone else who plays tf2.

I mind my own business. People are so damn judgemental, ironcially I feel that most people in WoW and IRL run around stroking their tiny dick thinking they are the most important douchebag on the planet and don't give a shit about anyone else. In terms of WoW, I don't call people retards nor point out people doing 3k dps while I'm doing 15, I'm too old for that and have a hard time grasping why anyone that is an adult would do so under any circumstances. Namecalling, especially over the internet, is not going to help anything, its just going to make someone upset or make them (or the namecaller) look like an idiot. See, my philosophy is that you don't really know whats going on at the other end. People have shitty days and underperform, lots of people are impaired and might be deaf or only be able to play with one hand, and hell, some people are terminal and play to keep themselves occupied. Okay, these cases might be rare but defintely not out of the question, and most people don't consider that, and it bothers me. Idk, the only things I say in heroic are 'hey', 'good run' to be polite like old school TBC runs were, and sometimes the tank or healer do a fight exceptionally well and I'll mention it, though more often they don't even utter a response.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2010-12-24 at 04:01 AM.