Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i've heard nothing but good reviews for Vindictus. Not played it myself but if I was looking for an alternative I'd start there. It's free too as far as I know
    STFU and kill shit.

Runes of Magic is another free MMO that is actually a lot like wow, it has a cash shop system but I enjoyed it for awhile when taking a break from wow.

Deleted
    Vindictus is a fun game, try it and see if you like it!

Deleted
    Ragnarok Online.. it was my first mmorpg i ever played and its still one of best.
    It had charm few years ago..now bots are everywhere and on private server is everything about soloing.

Ye gods I am hanging out for GW2

I was an avid EQ'er back in the day but at the moment nothing compares to WoW imo

Deleted
    Although I do consider WoW to be the best MMO I've played so far (Especially since Cataclysm came out), I had a pretty good time playing Runes of Magic, Warhammer Online and Lord of the Rings Online for a while. Warhammer Online is more something for the PvP-er though, as basically 80% of its content is PvP.
    Also, playing music in Lord of the Rings Online is fun.

Deleted
    I like playing/semi afking Guild Wars when I'm traveling in wow
    its a old game but I'm getting ready for Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    Ye i also played Guild Wars before WoW and it's free (no monthly fee) and i enjoyed it for a long time. Nowdays it's mostly empty but Guild Wars 2 is on the way and by all accounts what they shared about it, the game looks awesome. I'll definitely try it out to rest a bit from WoW.

Not to mention Diablo 3 (not free ofc) ! Cant wait to play that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacksauce View Post
    How its the off topic forum...

Idk if you would classify it as mmo but maplestory was pretty fun.
    Maplestory is fun, but a damn long grind!
    Been playing it since the gMS beta, now playing on Europe.
    Maplestory is the only game I've never been able to quit, only long breaks sometimes.

Deleted
    How about world of tanks?
    Pretty fun idea, but it takes some time to get through the different tiers of tanks.
    Apart from that, its free, and really fun if you play with a bunch of friends =)

Quote Originally Posted by TIMTIMf3 View Post
    Maplestory is fun, but a damn long grind!
    Been playing it since the gMS beta, now playing on Europe.
    Maplestory is the only game I've never been able to quit, only long breaks sometimes.
    OH geeezzz. Maplestory? I played that before I played wow, back on maplestory beta. Now theres just too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    everquest, ultima online <3

The free MMO's I play outside of WoW that to me are decent.

Lord of the Rings Online..best of all the free ones especially if you are a Tolkien nerd like I am ( I am actually a paying VIP member)
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Runes of Magic...a bit clunky but still ok for what it is.
    Perfect World International...again a little clunky but still fun for casual playing.

Deleted
    Lord of the Ring online and Silkroad are ''free''. The problem is al the cool stuf cost money. Silkroad is one way grinding and at LotRo you can only do a few zones. Or you need to pay. Yeah that is ''free''.

DFO and S4 can be decent time wasters too.

Allods online is pretty fun, but really really grindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

LoTR Online is pretty damn fun. I had quite a bit of fun leveling my char (only up to like 20) and I haaate leveling in WoW (more than once anyway)

LoTR will suck money out of you if you decide to play it full time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    got to say runescape

cheap
    it has good amounts of humor
    its graphics are bad but yea.... ps3 took how long to have decent games? least they were pretty :P

As an ex hardcore Anarchy Online player I'll have to throw it in the pot;

Psi-Fi so not directly comparable to WoW
    Far more complex than WoW, so a good one if you're looking for serious challenges
    Far more 'grindy' than WoW so not for those that want max level in a week
    Servers are getting pretty quiet these days, but new graphics engine launches soon and that may stimulate things

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.