Protection PVP Paladins @ 85

I've yet to see a thread here or on Maintankadin explaining prot PVP.

I've done a few bg's and prot and so far enjoy it, but I want to maximize it and possibly get it to arena or rated bg quality...

So questions for those who have tried and are getting good at it.. or have read a source elsewhere for level 85 (i mostly only found wotlk prot pvp threads)

1. Any spec keystones? Suggested spec?
    2. Gearing priorities? As resilience both lowers our damage taken (and vengeance), do we want heavy stacking of resil still?
    3. Gemming -- Stamina, resil, str?
    4. Role -- What should we be doing as prot paladins to maximize our role, we can't quiet get crazy crits

Any other comments? Tips? Concerns ?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I've been using this spec lately and have had alot of success. Its probably not perfect, but it works.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZrrMcRddRMucbG

2) You generally want to go with the "ret" pvp set along with a slow 1 hander (2.6 speed). As for the resilience lowering vengeance, don't worry too much since it stacks based on your health. But more often than not, they'll try to leave you alone and focus your partners so your vengeance won't stack anyway.

3) str is probably your best bet for gems.

4) as a prot paladin, your role varies depending on the situation. usually, you want to be attacking and putting out pressure while still using your supportive abilities on your partners (hand of sacrifice, hand of protection, hand of freedom).

I would practice using the abilities I mentioned in bgs as much as possible, just to get a feel for the supportive role. You can be a little more liberal with avenger's shield than you could in wrath, but don't get too careless as it is your interupt, snare and nuke in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapers View Post
    I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"