So... what is the state of Arcane Missiles?

I was wonderring how was Arcane Missiles at lvl 85 with higher gear lvl. At 80, Arcane Missiles hit like crap. But since Arcane Missile stacks more than Arcane Blast with Spellpower, i was wonderring of it<s output at 85.

At lvl 80, Arcane Missiles hit about as much as an Arcane Blast with no stack (if AB with no stack hit for 8k, the whole AM also hit for a total of 8k) But what are lvl 85 numbers?

Deleted
    Mine only seem to be hitting for around 6 - 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebzz View Post
    Mine only seem to be hitting for around 6 - 8k.
    6-8k per missiles? If it is it's quite a good number

10+ Year Old Account
    At 329 ilvl (heroic entry level gear), AM was hitting for ~2500/4500. That's with 5100 spell power.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

not sure because arcane is completely worthless @ 85 for both pve and pvp.

completely
    worthless

arcane just doesnt work , neither pve or pvp, utter crap at lvl 85

Arcane works fine. Don't listen to these guys. My missles (each) hit for 3k-5k~) depending on how much mana I have +trinkets/raid buffs. Those are non-crit numbers. I have about 6150~ spellpower. I believe I had a streak of missles and had about 13k constant dps one time. They're certainly not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaria View Post
    Arcane works fine. Don't listen to these guys. My missles (each) hit for 3k-5k~) depending on how much mana I have +trinkets/raid buffs. Those are non-crit numbers. I have about 6150~ spellpower. I believe I had a streak of missles and had about 13k constant dps one time. They're certainly not bad.
    Pure class.One spec clearly inferior to the other two in dps with no redeeming features (mobility is fire's domain,aoe also).Yeah,Arcane is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    Pure class.One spec clearly inferior to the other two in dps with no redeeming features (mobility is fire's domain,aoe also).Yeah,Arcane is not working.
    Different specs shine in different circumstances. It's as simple as that. The idea of a pure dps class in this game is somewhat silly when they have 3 specs that are all "viable" for dps but 1 is the king of kings. Why even bother having the 3 specs then? Arcane is better in some fights, and soon enough when more guilds start uploading their parses you will see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaria View Post
    Different specs shine in different circumstances. It's as simple as that. The idea of a pure dps class in this game is somewhat silly when they have 3 specs that are all "viable" for dps but 1 is the king of kings. Why even bother having the 3 specs then? Arcane is better in some fights, and soon enough when more guilds start uploading their parses you will see that.
    The only fight arcane would have a theoretical advantage is a 30 second patchwerk.It's allready been shown to have a disadvantage to fire in Patchwerk style fights at the moment.Arcane's only hope is the Shard of Woe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    The only fight arcane would have a theoretical advantage is a 30 second patchwerk.It's allready been shown to have a disadvantage to fire in Patchwerk style fights at the moment.Arcane's only hope is the Shard of Woe.
    Could you provide where this has been "shown" ? And I don't want to look at a simcraft where everyone has max heroic gear in ideal situations. We don't have that right now. We have a mishmash of heroic gear and a handful of epics. I'm actually the most "geared" mage on my server, and I do just fine with the spec. Arcane is mana pool dependent based on the new mastery. Due to this scaling, there will be a time where the dump phase will last long enough that you can throw in enough extra dumps to sustain "high" dps. While it may not be 'now' for many of you, that time will exist.

I am sure we all know that arcane blast dumping is very high dps, so in theory, once gear reaches a certain point it will be viable. And I don't know how far into content you have gone. But I do much more damage as arcane than fire on Throne of Winds for example. I also do relatively well on maloriak as arcane, and sometimes halfus. I think people underestimate the AoE potential of imp AE with AP/Trinket/Gem popped.

The spec is viable. While it may not be #1 on sims, sims are just that. They assume you play flawlessly under given conditions. And I am 100% certain that none of you do. So by telling all these non-pro mages that spex X is wrong or bad is just silly, when it is viable. Unless you're in a heavy progression guild, you can make most specs work.