10+ Year Old Account

Which of these 2 trinkets?

Quick Question.

For a Fire mage:

Witching Hourglass or Sorrowsong?

Witching has alot of intellect, but gives haste procc. Sorrowsong has Mastery(although Reforge-able) and gives Spellpower at below 35% (Molten Fury)

Thanks

I think witching - The int bonus is far superior to the mastery (even reforged to crit or hit if you need that) and I think the haste proc over the duration of the entire fight should come close enough to being as good as the SP proc 50% uptime from 35% down. Therefore I think over say a 5ish minute boss fight, the procs are close and the int is far superior to the other bonus so I would stick with witching.

Although, they may both be BiS for pre-raid unless you need one of the hit trinkets LOL so could be a moot issue :P

Sorrowsong is BiS fire Trinket pre raid

Im going with Witching, Intellect is great, its mana and spellpower, and the equiped which is good aswell, the sorrowsong sucks, Mastery isnt great for fire, your gonna reforge it into crit or haste anyways, and the equiped only procs on bosses with less then 35%, wheres your dps at the start of the fight?
    | HAF-X Case | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Intel 3770k Overclock to 4.2 | ADATA DDR3 1600 8GB |
    | MSI 970 Gaming | Corsair 1200AX | Triple Asus 242h 23.6" |
    | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard | Razer Mamba Mouse |

I'd go with Sorrowsong, and reforge it as necessary (for hit IMO). It also procs right on time with Molten Fury

Deleted
    .. take both? besides mastery is awesomesauce(assuming you're playing the spec as you should be :|). im running currently with both of those as heroic versions as it is.

Witching. You want Int on both your trinkets since you can reforge for the other secondary stats as you need them, but can't do so for Int.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    .. take both? besides mastery is awesomesauce(assuming you're playing the spec as you should be :|). im running currently with both of those as heroic versions as it is.
    No it isn't, int fffffffffffffffffffffffffar outweighs mastery for all Mage specs, especially Fire.
    BfA Beta Time

Take the molten fury trinket.