Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFD is out of control!

As the title says, LFD has gotten completly out of control. I sit in Q for 45 mins only to be booted from a group before the damn screen loads in on my side.

Red Green arrow is me entering the group, red arrow is me being removed, i never loaded into the dungeon on my screen.

I would agree that you were a victim in this case. I however see plenty to merit removing people fast. I had a ret paladin refuse outright to CC a target, while the mage was more than happy to sheep. Paladin was gone, Mage got to stay.

I don't know why you were able to be kicked so quickly, usually you have a personal timer from when you enter an instance. Either way, I suggest you find a large sized guild that is able to support guild heroic runs using guild tanks or healers.

I run my own guild on Earthen Ring and it is the largest guild on the alliance side. Aela Iaecta Est is hordeside (the 8000 man guild). We have 600 toons in the guild and usually have 90 online per night. This ensures that the guild itself runs like a LFG channel and always benefits the guild as a whole. If you don't get along well in a guild... try harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    some quests won't let you phase into the dungeon if you're in the middle of doing the quest (I've noticed this with cutscene quests, event-type quests, and ones that you're on a special mount doing something). if you're questing and that happens I'd suggest be kind enough to say in party "hey, I'm in the middle of this quest I'll be right there" or something explaining why you didn't phase in since some people are jackoffs like that and will kick anyone just cause they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    When used properly; it's great.
    When used improperly; it's horrid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was the OP banned for this...?
    And I was kicked from Stonecore last night because I asked the party leader (mage) if I could have some water.

I myself as a healer have seen this alot where a tank and 2 dps have vtk the other dps to allow an undergeared guild member enter the dungeon through normal invite so the other guild toons still get the random bonus
    I QQ at QQers who QQ about people QQing

Roll a healer/tank.

Seriously, the only real complaint in there imo is the queue length. Blizzard can't restrict people from voting to kick you, otherwise we'd all be forced to run with the giant failures that refuse to cc, couldn't heal their way out of a paper bag, or think they can tank 20+ mobs at once no problem.

Anyway, currently if you're a dps, you should just accept that having a very long queue is a part of being one if you are dead set on not running with guildies. If you don't like it, roll a healer/tank and enjoy your 3 min (max) queues. I'm a healer if you're wondering. I've had both good and bad groups when I do pug, so I just expect the worst and am pleasantly surprised when it's not.
    Last edited by Vudu; 2010-12-24 at 04:51 AM.

I think the biggest problem is that, since groups are cross-server, there are no real consequences for actions. It doesn't really matter if you hurt your reputation with people who will never see you again.

I've pretty much sworn-off pugging. The excellent groups aren't enough to make up for the abysmal ones.

The thing of it is. Yeah there are people who i'm not even sure are human or got to 85 by themselves. (Or whatever level the dungeon is at). And I just leave alot of times when its bad. Def. not worth the time. 90% of my PUGs are good, i had two back to back two days ago that were pretty attrocious. Thank god leveling dungeons are so forgiving you could have brain dead monkeys do it.

So yeah if its bad I leave. I feel for the players who are dps who want to use LFD for heroics right now. But you see how specific that is. Roll a tank or healer, or do something else, or find some friends on the same server. That group is a bit more likely to succeed since you can inspect people and you know what comp you have. Oh and bonus you could make new friends. That is what I do when I feel like LFD on my 85 tank. Its also good recruitment for my guild/raid team.

But honestly...90% of players at that point are pretty good, its usually a failure on my part to not call out everything and not mark everything. As tank I'm supposed to know all this stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Was the OP banned for this...?
    No, he was banned for posting a stupid meme in another thread.

Deleted
    But why did he have the 3.. 2.. 1.. Boom on there? is that an addon he's got? And it says "no guild" and no friends Awwwww i want to give him a hug now!!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    He's not banned.
    Banned people have their name like this: Randomname
    What a clever trick!

I think you just got unlucky. That is, unfortunately, the thing with the LFD tool: people are jerks because they can be. Personally, I just expect the worst, even though it sounds very pessimistic, because that way you won't be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    But why did he have the 3.. 2.. 1.. Boom on there? is that an addon he's got? And it says "no guild" and no friends Awwwww i want to give him a hug now!!
    That's actually one of the first quests available to Alliance in the Twilight Highlands. You have to blow up a Horde zeppelin.
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2010-12-24 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlucky man if you roll a healer you wont be kicked unless your doing bad i have been removed 0 times so far But ya the system is good if used right.

Deleted
    yea, true.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I've seen people getting kicked for :

- Tank in greens (obviously tank queue without proper gear to get instant entry)
    - Healer going oom on first trash pack (not always his/her fault obviously, but people have gotten severely impatient with potentially undergeared/underperforming people)
    - DPS under 5k in normals
    - DPS under 7k in heroics
    - Priest healer (not sure why.. I'm often healing and I've never seen a wipe in non-heroic when i'm healing as a priest)
    - Non-CC dps (in heroics especially)
    - Being afk too long (too long being subjective - especially if you say brb x minutes for y reason beforehand)

People abuse the kick feature and rarely say why... I assume this caused by the fact a lot of people are not performing as they should...

My main gripe is with the fact that I do understand I will get higher queues as a dps (up to 40 minutes) and I can accept these queues. My problem is when I just wait 40 minutes to see the group disband in 10... the recovery options are not as efficient as they could be.

I dont see not zoning in as a justifiable reason to kick somone from a group. with 45-1 hour dps ques out there doing that just makes you a douche who really needs to stop playing. there is no reason for it. i could see if the OP was a bad player but..kicked before the dungeon even started? Cata JUST started elitism needs to die people are still getting used to the dungeons. also OP..you need a guild and friends..you cant possible do it alone.

Deleted
    i have to admit, its not a perfect system, but its better than the old /2 trade spamming

Lol, no guild and no friends. But I agree with the kicking getting out of control. I'm a frost mage and when I sheeped a heroic mob, somehow it got broken. The tank leader who was a gigantic asshole from the first moment we got in, immediately started yelling at me claiming that MY OWN ELEMENTAL broke the cc despite the fact that the pet is specifically designed not to break my own cc. Even if he is correct, shit happens, ccs get broken, mistakes happen, get over it. I don't know what kind of response he was looking for, but obviously my flippent disrespectful-to-the-leader response was not what he had in mind so I got the boot. I cant imagine that that group continued on successfully with a guy like that. People like him are the reason I quit wow for 18 months before Cata, who want to make it a stressful job and not a fun game.

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by johnson9004 View Post
    i have to admit, its not a perfect system, but its better than the old /2 trade spamming
    Actually it's not. On my realm, trade gets spammed almost as much as before by people looking to avoid the long queue times. On my realm, average is 35-40 minutes for dps. Tanks make a killing collecting 50-200g per run being paid to do their job. These groups are generally more successful than the LFD pug.
    Last edited by ohsnap; 2010-12-24 at 03:38 PM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is afraid of a wipe now too. Even when people say "first time here" and no one explains a boss and you wipe, people drop group or kick. Love it.

Deleted
    Anyone ever get those perfect pugs? Had one in SFK everyone just owned. Felt like crying, It was beautiful