Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't Stop D/c'ing

Hey guys. I've recently run into a very irritating issue and everything I've tried hasn't been working. Here's what's up:

I can log in for about 2 - 5 minutes and lag horrendously (sometimes it's long enough for a couple heroic runs - I don't get it). Eventually, I try to cast something (mount, hearthstone) and freeze but I'm still able to see text and people going on / offline. I sit there for about 2 minutes, and then get disconnected. I've tried re-booting, I've tried reloading my stuff, etc. Nothing I'm doing is working, which is why I'm on here.

Any suggestions would be helpful here guys.

Thanks!

Veev.

Deleted
    I have this bug too and I don't know what to do anymore. I log on wow, get 0 latency, then 15000 latency, then disconnect. During this entire process I cant use spells, items or abilites but can chat perfectly fine. I've tried restarting my router, turning off my firewall, opening all router ports, etc. Please help :c

You could always try running wowrepair.exe. Couldn't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    You could always try running wowrepair.exe. Couldn't hurt.
    I'll try this right now and update quick times.

edit: Did absolutely nothing. In fact, I was on for a shorter amount of time when I did wowrepair.exe.

This is so lame.
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2010-12-24 at 04:58 AM.

Remove your pos Linksys router, go right into the modem. See what happens.

This issue comes up with every xpac. Problem is, your memory doesn't seem to like the game much in my opinion. I get that same issue, and sometimes get blue screened for memory management errors. It happens to me hardwired, routed, and wireless, so I don't think its a net related issue. Whats your PC like, how new are the parts?. since Wow changes its graphics engine with each xpac, I simply think your computer is having a hard time adjusting. If you run old, but damn reliable parts like I do, this COULD very well be your issue. I know its been a lot of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
    This issue comes up with every xpac. Problem is, your memory doesn't seem to like the game much in my opinion. I get that same issue, and sometimes get blue screened for memory management errors. It happens to me hardwired, routed, and wireless, so I don't think its a net related issue. Whats your PC like, how new are the parts?. since Wow changes its graphics engine with each xpac, I simply think your computer is having a hard time adjusting. If you run old, but damn reliable parts like I do, this COULD very well be your issue. I know its been a lot of mine.
    I've always run WoW at the maximum capabilities with no trouble what-so-ever. It's just with Cataclysm that there's been issues, and it's only been the past few days. When I was leveling, everything was perfectly fine. I turned water detail down, and everything on low. Same issue. I don't think it's my computer having trouble keeping up.

well...sorry i couldn't help you, however if you DO happen to find an exact issue/fix, post it up here. Would love to solve this on my own rig as well =/

Quote Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
    well...sorry i couldn't help you, however if you DO happen to find an exact issue/fix, post it up here. Would love to solve this on my own rig as well =/
    It's cool, thanks for trying man. But, forsure, if I find an answer I'll post it here. Turns out a lot of people are having similar game issues. One person messaged me saying it's because the game hasn't "acquired all non-critical updates" and has been known to cause this issue. Anyone c/d that for me?

Been facing similar problem since the xpac. Logon, 0 latency, suddenly like 16k, then dc. Happens like 4-5 times, then works.
    I have even seen weird numbers like 91000 latency. And I am not on a dialup from the moon

Anyone have thoughts? I don't usually bump my own topics, but this needs a solution.

unfortunalety i had to reinstall wow then it stopped dc me....

Assuming it's not a problem with malfunctioning hardware, then your best option may be to re-install WoW.
    Also, is WoW the most graphics-intensive game that you run? If not, and you don't have trouble with other games, then it's probably a software issue. Although you could always try opening your computer case and cleaning out the inside with a compressed air canister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".

You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

I cant stop crashing

Deleted
    I have it too :/

Deleted
    Windowed mode, full screen helped a lot!

Try going to your wow folder, cut your your WTF and Interface folders from your wow folder and put them on your desktop. Restart wow and it will automatically create a new set of WTF and Interface folders. Login and see if that works, if it does it means you have corrupt addon files.

Maybe your ISP is experimenting with some network 'optimizations'.

Quote Originally Posted by ishammael_of_elune View Post
    Assuming it's not a problem with malfunctioning hardware, then your best option may be to re-install WoW.
    Also, is WoW the most graphics-intensive game that you run? If not, and you don't have trouble with other games, then it's probably a software issue. Although you could always try opening your computer case and cleaning out the inside with a compressed air canister.
    Yeah, it is. I don't usually play video games, just warcraft. Hockey and stuff gets in the way. But, I wouldn't even know how to open my computer without breaking it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Quille View Post
    Windowed mode, full screen helped a lot!
    I play full screen. Windowed mode = lag fest 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    Try going to your wow folder, cut your your WTF and Interface folders from your wow folder and put them on your desktop. Restart wow and it will automatically create a new set of WTF and Interface folders. Login and see if that works, if it does it means you have corrupt addon files.
    Trying this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by boozydaboozer View Post
    Maybe your ISP is experimenting with some network 'optimizations'.
    It wouldn't surprise me. Rogers Canada is the worst ISP in the universe.

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 05:39 PM ----------

Forcing WoW to make a new interface and wtf folder didn't work. I'll re-install and hope for the best.