Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    I've been complimented once or twice, rarely in PuGs. It is very nice when it happens, and healers are by far the least complimented/appreciated.
    Don't know about that. I'd say DPS are least complimented/appreciated. Tanks probably most so. Does anyone ever really say nice things about DPS? :P

Tbh, i prefer some good dps over a good tank. It makes the instances so much faster/easier.
    Me as a holy pala(ilvl 350) and my brother dk tank(ilvl 355) decided to test this, instead of him tanking he signed as dps.
    The instances just went that much smoother, him pulling an average 15k+ through the instance other pug dps doing sub 6k.
    So unless the tank is downright retarded, i'll take atleast one sexy dps over a sexy tank anyday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Tbh, i prefer some good dps over a good tank. It makes the instances so much faster/easier.
    Me as a holy pala(ilvl 350) and my brother dk tank(ilvl 355) decided to test this, instead of him tanking he signed as dps.
    The instances just went that much smoother, him pulling an average 15k+ through the instance other pug dps doing sub 6k.
    So unless the tank is downright retarded, i'll take atleast one sexy dps over a sexy tank anyday.
    Yep, with CC DPS have the power to help keep the tanks alive, so an extremely good DPS is usually better to have an extremely good tank.

There are exceptions of course, but that is what I have generally found.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Also as my healing gear has progressed its allowed me to easily compensate for "lesser" geared tank.
    But with dps, i can't just blow more mana to increase their output.
    The other day i had the good luck of pulling a group through a 7min 36sec Anraphet heroic kill, after that i had a little chat with the dps

I've heard great heals in both BC and WOTLK, when they were first released and a lot of people didn't read up on fights or didn't believe in knowing what bosses did until they saw it themselves. Some even called it cheating. Whatever.

However with the current tank I generally run with, nobody has time to compliment me on heals, because I'm constantly yellin at him for rushing mobs and not CCing. Fuuuun stuff.

I never heard "You suck" in Wrath. Guess what, I'm still not hearing it.

=]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    I've heard great heals in both BC and WOTLK, when they were first released and a lot of people didn't read up on fights or didn't believe in knowing what bosses did until they saw it themselves. Some even called it cheating. Whatever.

However with the current tank I generally run with, nobody has time to compliment me on heals, because I'm constantly yellin at him for rushing mobs and not CCing. Fuuuun stuff.
    When running with guildies we also just skip the CC often, it's not the increased tank damage thats annoying, but all the damn dots the mobs keep spamming on party members. For most of the heroics i find the amount of dots/debuffs slightly excessive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Are you sure? Our Healers, or better said our Disc Priests, only needed innervate on Heroic Lichking because of spamming their shields. Never a healer of us got oom in theprogress raids. Wrath was fucked up.

But it seems that the bad playerbase sinks to the ground and the good playerbase grows once again. Thank you Blizzard for this Awesome Addon at the moment
    Disc Priests on Heroic Lich King are, of course, an exception. Rapture was pretty dang overpowered on that fight.

On my first heroic Sindragosa kill, a healer died in the middle of the fight. She was battle-rezzed quickly but there was no time for her to regen mana as it is of course, a relatively tight enrage if you're just progressing on it. I think during that kill, I used my mana potion, Divine Plea nearly on cooldown, Lay on Hands on myself, and an Innervate from one of the two druids and still ended the fight with around 3-4% mana.

People make mistakes on progression fights. Those mistakes cause extreme mana problems.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-24 at 07:10 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

out of the 4 times i've healed Heroic Lost City (2 normal and 2 heroic) on the last 2 bosses i've been complimented for good healing all of those times especially on the last boss where no one is being kept at full but also no one is dieing, it's a real test of prioritising heals and people seem to notice it and appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make it a point, whatever spec I'm playing, to commend any other player doing well or the entire group if it's gone smoothly.

If more people made an effort to congratulate and compliment one another instead of only criticising the weak, the game'd be a lot friendlier and lot less stressful. Plus, who cares if the playerbase thinks you're "soft" or "weak" for being nice, there's always ignore
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

I don't compliment individuals but rather the group as a whole, because it's like a team. I generally say stuff like "great job", or "awesome group".

Recently a pretty good tank told me after I told him about his great tanking: "I never was healed this smooth". Yay!

Every time things go well I say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always compliment my dps when they use proper CC and let them know how much I appreciate it. I don't have to drink so often, I don't stress myself out so much. Many trash packs are dangerous as is, and removing one mob from the equation already makes it a lot less of a struggle and way less mana intense. Healing is really hard work when you have to do it with a bunch of CC-lazy people.

During Wrath I was sometimes complimented on healing in BG. It always made me feel all warm and fuzzy. You can be sure that the one who complimented me never ever died again during the course of that BG <3

Deleted
    I'm the only active healer atm in my guild, so im in pretty high in demand, i never directly get complimented but its nice knowing im needed/wanted. i always compliment my tanks if their avoidance is good or they keep aggro well.

also DPS if their CC goes smoothly, in cases we only have to take 1 mob at a time, which is awesome.

Deleted
    I don't often pug Heroics but I did one HC without any friends, as a healer (offspec ofc). It went quite smooth had a few wipes but people learned quickly, and in the end I heard something I didn't expect "Good healing mate!". Didn't see that coming.
    Just have to say that I love the Cata healing but I like to DPS MOAR will probably try to heal some anyway

Im tank and play with dpsers i know IRL, but we PuG healers. So when we die alot it usualy is the healers fault. Now in Cata its really easy to notice the good healers. So when i come across them i usually whisper them that they're good.

However, i pugged a group with a friend of mine. We ended up with bad dps... the healer however was healing 10 minutes straight during a boss encounter. When the boss finally went down me and my friend yelled both at the same time; AWESOME HEALING! The healer stayed for to more HC runs after that :3

Deleted
    I've been playing every role, and is currently playing both healer and dps at 85, in heroics.
    I usually get complimented every time as I outperform pretty much anyone, and compliment the occasional person who atleast can keep over 10k dps.
    Whenever I'm not being complimented is most of the time because I'm being rather direct in telling the rest of the group when they're bad (I'm going crazy over full grps doing 6k dps, when in entry heroic gear you can easily pull 9-10k). and that usually leads to the people getting defensive and coming up with excuses (had a rogue saying he lost 6k dps cuz of target switching, and a mage saying that his 6k dps was the max, since mages "have the worst scaling").
    Yet I still queue up for heroics, because I like the added challenge, when you have to not oom for 5-8 minutes because of DPS being dreadful.

TL;DR: I get compliments 80% of my groups where I shut up (easily done as I pull 15-17k dps currently, and 2nd is rarely above 11k)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yep, with CC DPS have the power to help keep the tanks alive, so an extremely good DPS is usually better to have an extremely good tank.

There are exceptions of course, but that is what I have generally found.
    Exceptions being when the tank doesn't know to face away mobs that have breaths or other frontal cone like abilities?
    Or the ones that keep standing in the whirlwinds because they've been hit on their head without a proper helmet one time too often?
    Ofcours,e that's all basic stuff - but I'm still amazed what kind of tanks are out there...

And the attitude; the god-forsaken megalomaniac ego's ever since the dungeon-finder tool. Even the crappiest of tanks with no gear, no skill, no knowledge about encounters, 'no hablo Ingles' or any other communication skills are ranting like they're Fuhrers. (I only noticed this when I switched to healer from 3 tanks)

Thing is, DPS can permit themselves (somehow) to suck in a PuG: 1 dies? 2 left standing can get the job done.
    But if the healer or tank takes a figurative bullet to the temple, it's usually "Vanish", "invis", "ragequit", etc...

Back on topic:
    * I do receive many compliments as healer, but that's probably mostly because I'm honest up-front about me being still pretty fresh at healing. (Sad note: every so often, I get kicked out of groups that are worse geared than I am, after it's clearly others' fault that wipes happen )
    * DPS needs to do something decent other than rock the meters to receive a compliment: do CC well, communicate, Dispell... and do some decent dps: they will get a compliment from me. Thing is: most DPS just focus on the dmg part... whilst not watching incomming damage, or doing much of the other things I've mentioned. Often they also show off with linking their dmg, etc... I'm sure we are all familiar with that
    * I do agree there's a huge margin for tanks, once the basics are covered - But more than half of the PuG tanks don't even seem to cover that. Exceptional tanks will get compliments, though.

/ww out
    Last edited by mmoc31017b40c9; 2010-12-24 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aZies View Post
    I've been playing every role, and is currently playing both healer and dps at 85, in heroics.
    I usually get complimented every time as I outperform pretty much anyone, and compliment the occasional person who atleast can keep over 10k dps.
    Whenever I'm not being complimented is most of the time because I'm being rather direct in telling the rest of the group when they're bad (I'm going crazy over full grps doing 6k dps, when in entry heroic gear you can easily pull 9-10k). and that usually leads to the people getting defensive and coming up with excuses (had a rogue saying he lost 6k dps cuz of target switching, and a mage saying that his 6k dps was the max, since mages "have the worst scaling").
    Yet I still queue up for heroics, because I like the added challenge, when you have to not oom for 5-8 minutes because of DPS being dreadful.

TL;DR: I get compliments 80% of my groups where I shut up (easily done as I pull 15-17k dps currently, and 2nd is rarely above 11k)
    plz be my dps , i've done a few hc's on my tank so far, but i've still to see a dps over 10k, they are usually at around 6-8k

never in a dungeon finder pug, but my raid-mates appreciate my healing if that counts for anything lol