Mage Professions

Ok so I am wondering what professions I should get. I am making a mage on my gf's server and she is a mage also with tailoring and said not to get tailoring because she will make me anything I need. So what should I get.

Tailoring and engineering for the profession bonuses.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I agree with takolin that Tailoring and Engineering are the best professions for mages.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you just want some professions which resemplify mage I would go with tailoring and enchanting. I'm not talking about the best bonusses, only what I think is the mage'isht!
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?

Jewel Crafting and Enchanting. As your gf is a tailor...

Deleted
    cause int the best stat go for tailoring and the intproc on your back!

I've went with tailoring and enchanting, but thats cause I still needed both.

If its a new server for you, you might want to take two gathering professions (mining and herbalism for example), and sell the mats for gold. You can always lose one gathering profession if you've got enough gold, and then level up another profession.

yea Tailoring and Enchanting <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nacd View Post
    yea Tailoring and Enchanting <3
    /agree 1+ but im enchanting and herbalist lol

Tailoring and Engineering are definitely your best choices for maximum dps.

I would go Herbalism and Alchemy but i've had that same combo for the past 4+ years so i'm a bit biased. But an engineering mage sounds like it would be fun.
    Also way to read his post people...

I am also tailoring/engineering as a mage. Not only do they have good bonuses, but the obscene amount of travelling I can do between portals and transporters makes archaeology a breeze.

JC/Enchat
    +80 int on rings
    + 67 int gems
    but its expensive to lvl. i did mining and JC first on my mage and got JC to max level, then i dropped mining for enchanting.
    Ultimately tho its up to you.

Deleted
    JC is still best for mages, then it's either one of them kinda. I love having tailoring as it feel's so magelike Other than that inscription/enchanting is a moneysaver for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jc and Blacksmith ... What? Free sockets

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?