Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Depending on your mastery, you should use glyph of frostfire bolt. Increases frostfire bolt's damge by 15%(now same dmg as fireball) and puts a dot on the target that stacks up to 3 times. Now your main nuke will be frostfire bolt, not fireball. Im at 13% mastery and i do much more damage spamming frostfire bolt as my nuke then spamming fireball as my nuke(even with 5%crit glyph)

Scorch spam does Approx 90% dam of fireball spam.

For Fire:
    Mastery is as follows: absolute garbage until you break 50%
    replace every thing with mastery you can and reforge every mastery TO SOMETHING ELSE.

make sure your using the crit Meta and use JUST ONE MORE hit gem then INT gems. the only expection to not using hit or int, is if the item has a +int socket bonus that requires a yellow socket and remains in the SAME amount of or higher, +int.

reforge every item without crit, to crit.
    reforge every item with crit and without hit to crit/hit until your hit capped.
    If you get hit capped, reforge hit to haste (assuming crit is still on the item)

MAKE SURE, you use combustion with a good proc at or below 35% for the extra 12% on each dot and combustion itself.

Deleted
    quite useful thread, thanks for some good advices

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    Depending on your mastery, you should use glyph of frostfire bolt. Increases frostfire bolt's damge by 15%(now same dmg as fireball) and puts a dot on the target that stacks up to 3 times. Now your main nuke will be frostfire bolt, not fireball. Im at 13% mastery and i do much more damage spamming frostfire bolt as my nuke then spamming fireball as my nuke(even with 5%crit glyph)
    From what i read and experienced, mastery is a terrible stat, and it doesn't balance out the difference from Fireball and frostfire ball.

Fireball will crit harder than frostfire ball
    I also believe it hits alittle harder than frostfire ball even with glyph (it did at the end of wotlk, accounts ran out now to check it).

Frostfire balls dot is really weak, you need alot more mastery to make the dot alot harder. At the moment for me it's only ticking for about 2-400 dmg on each dot in 5man heroics. Which is really weak considering that ignite is ticking for 6k+.

So i would rather drop the mastery for crit, or for hit, meaning i can stack alot more crit without gimping a useful stat for something that isn't usefull at all.

For your own testing you may believe your doing greater dmg, but i believe fireball + glyph beats frostfire ball by about 2% in overall dmg. the more crit you get, +5% from the glyph is better than a minor dot rolling off the target.
    If FFB dot was increase then it would win, but till then it's nowhere near as good, till you can balance out about 40% crit unbuff, hit cap then about 25% mastery, without gimping anything else, you would then see FFB own fireball.

Deleted
    Thanks for advices, very helpful In these days i raised my spell power by 400ish, and now on a boss level target dummy i can do a solid 10k-11k dps. It's not THAT good but it's better than 8k-9k.. Ready to test in next raid, still I fear I won't catch hunters/locks/dks on damage meters until next tier of gear, except with lucky RNG spikes :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm just wondering how your ilvl is so high but your spellpower is so low.
    I barely have 6k SP at ilvl 351.

EDIT: According to my sig Ilvl is 350, and only 5757 SP. This is mostly due to having to get hitcapped, and using proc trinkets which don't give raw int/sp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    I barely have 6k SP at ilvl 351.

EDIT: According to my sig Ilvl is 350, and only 5757 SP. This is mostly due to having to get hitcapped, and using proc trinkets which don't give raw int/sp.
    I have 6832 spellpower in PvP gear, and it just keeps going up. In PvE gear, while being hit capped, with an average ilvl of 348, I have about 6944 spellpower. I guess you all went for the Chaotic meta route and need to gem green hit gems instead of purple. Oh well, to each his own I guess.
    BfA Beta Time

The difference is just having 2 Int Trinkets + 359 Weapon vs 2 non Int Trinkets and a 346 Mainhand.

359 Mainhand has 227 Spell Power more, and let`s say you have a 285 Int and a 321 Int Trinket.
    That`s a difference of 833 SP, Wizard Dry, MotW and the 10% Spell Buff not even calculated.

But it is not a Problem having Stump of Time (321 SP from Proc) or any other Trinket with Spell Power Proc or Darkmoon Card Volcano (400 Int from Proc). You just do not see the Stats on your Char Screen ......