Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So obliterate got nerfed?

I just logged in today, and happened to read on the obliterate tooltip for some reason. But then i saw something that didn't seem right... Obliterate now does 264% weapon dmg, down from 280%. Or 160% weapon dmg, down from 180% without glyph/annihilation. Is this just a tooltip clarification or did they stealth nerf obliterate?

EDIT: I totally forgot about the T10 set bonus, thats why its lower now............................The end
    Last edited by 5648945621; 2010-12-24 at 12:19 PM.

i thought it was the case, my dps dropped randomly yesterday and i couldn't figure out why, i'd also lost 12 expertise overnight. I suppose it now forces us to stack more mastery but meh, i was enjoying ripping shit up with my ob.

Deleted
    Maybe you're only enjoying it becuase it is 'Overpowered' And requires Nerfing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not happy.

Edit: I know it's not much of a nerf, but still. I want to know why!

Posting memes is bad for you. -Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2010-12-24 at 11:22 AM.
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmicky View Post
    Maybe you're only enjoying it becuase it is 'Overpowered' And requires Nerfing :P
    nah not really, i still love frost dks and their playstyle, but its just so freaking lame the receive this kind of nerf to a spec you enjoyed. It kinda takes away your motivation to play on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    16% nerf WOAH
    You're speaking way too soon, warriors are next, have fun with that.

If everyone gets nerfed its not really a nerf honestly. You ask why it was nerfed? Why does anything get nerfed? Blizz thinks it is or will be too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    If everyone gets nerfed its not really a nerf honestly. You ask why it was nerfed? Why does anything get nerfed? Blizz thinks it is or will be too powerful.
    Not trying to start a class war but rogues never get nerfed, even though they are very op, I think the only realy nerf they got during entire wotlk was FoK nerf.

Arcane mages can crit a lot higher with arcane blast, they kinda deserve a nerf more. But ofc mages are immune to nerfs because blizz loves them. 1 button spam 10k dps. At least i had to focus almost all my attention at what abilities to use next, procs, CDs etc.

I guess hybrids topping rogues with same gear is bad design for blizz so they nerfed it ;/ wonder when that was applied couse yday I didnt notice any drop in dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Surely, Frost strike will be too powerful before Obliterate is? as Frost strike is affected by mastery, and from what I've heard Obliterate isn't?

I remember when everyone used to be QQing about Paladins being too OP and they were blizzards favorite... now its mages? And FYI Arcane Mages cant spam 1 button for 10k dps... they would go oom in second. AB is 9k mana a cast with the 4th debuff. They have a rotation now.
    And DK's got it easy, warriors got most of their attacks nerfed by 17%. Fury used to be my fave spec... now its prot. I do more dps as prot than i do as fury now, and i have about the same GS. And on my dk, I am still hitting 15k+ Obl crits. So idk what you guys are talking about, I demolish mobs in seconds.
    My PC: | AMD A8-3870 Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz | 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT1600 MHz | Biostar A55MH| Logisys 330W | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit |

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    Arcane mages can crit a lot higher with arcane blast, they kinda deserve a nerf more. But ofc mages are immune to nerfs because blizz loves them. 1 button spam 10k dps. At least i had to focus almost all my attention at what abilities to use next, procs, CDs etc.
    My god. Whining about arcane mages. The weakest of all mage specs.

Also, latest simcraft shows unholy DK's on top of the DPS meters by a relatively large margin. Admittedly i have no idea whatsoever about DK's so I don't know if unholy DK's even use OB. Could be that though.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascal View Post

Also, latest simcraft shows unholy DK's on top of the DPS meters by a relatively large margin. Admittedly i have no idea whatsoever about DK's so I don't know if unholy DK's even use OB. Could be that though.
    Nope. UH DKs don't use obliterate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Talio View Post
    Nope. UH DKs don't use obliterate at all.
    Well that sucks then. Nerfing the spec that doesn't deserve it.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Noone deserves to be nerf, everyone else should just be buffed
    My PC: | AMD A8-3870 Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz | 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT1600 MHz | Biostar A55MH| Logisys 330W | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit |

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks then. Nerfing the spec that doesn't deserve it.
    I can kind of see why to be honest. I'm hitting like 36k crits with obliterate, whereas only like 24-26k with frost strike... so like, maybe it's to bring them closer?

(I know earlier I was like, I WANNA KNOW WHY! But I kinda thought about it. :L)

In the dungeons i have been to from lvl 80-84, arcane mages have facerolled dps meters, none could even compare. They may go oom fast by spamming arcane blast, but guess what? You just use arcane missiles then! 2 BUTTONS! UNACCEPTABLE!