10+ Year Old Account

hydraulic / cogwheel gems?

ccan someone plz explain how these work?
    do they take the place of a regular gem, or are they extra?
    i was thinking about getting engineering, but the fact u cant use it in rated BGs was a huge turn off.
    maybe if these gems are good enough i'll reconsider it

can someone also tell me what "skills" herbalism and alchemy give you when you're illustrious? thanks.
    i know about the small HoT herbalism has, was nice in wotlk, but people say it sucks now.

Theres only Cogwheel gems now, which are only reforgeable stats(Mastery/Spirit/Expertise/Hit/Crit/Haste/Dodge/etc) which as of now are only located in your epic Engineer goggles. They are unique-equipped, so you can only have one of each stat.

Herbalism gives a weak heal and about 400 haste for 20-ish seconds.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Deleted
    I have Engineering, so far the goggles only have Cog sockets. I want to know what they plan on doing with the hydraulics and I hope its something good.

Cogweel and hydraulic sockets are only meant to make the engineering helms more customizable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    hm.. so they have their own sockets they go into, good to know...

but about the goggles..... are they any good? i remember in wotlk i had the epic goggles
    and the epic helms you bought with badges were better, so the goggles were useless.

i feel like the goggles are actually good. at least until you get into deep raiding.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    The goggles are good, but the lack of other perks turned me off to engy this expansion. After the helms are phased out, unless a new tier (much like sunwell) are introduced, the cogs become useless.

IDK if anyone else using maxdps.com but it shows that it is one of the top pieces for Survival hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    hm.. so they have their own sockets they go into, good to know...

but about the goggles..... are they any good? i remember in wotlk i had the epic goggles
    and the epic helms you bought with badges were better, so the goggles were useless.
    The epic goggles are as good as any other craftable epic headpiece, I believe. That is to say, they're good. The thing is though, the cogwheels don't make the helms any "better".

The helms have your basic stam and agility/str/int/whatever primary stats, but they have NO secondary stats. No mastery, crit, haste, dodge, etc. Instead, it has 2 cogwheel slots. Basically, the purpose of the cogwheels is to choose which 2 secondary stats your goggles get. The cogwheels have a massive amount of stat points per, enough to make up for the goggles themselves not having any secondary stats.

Plus, they have a meta socket and gem slot bonus.

Took up engi in BC spacificaly for the goggles. Cant wait till i make these as my guild is small i dont see my self getting my t11 any time soon so these goggles will last me a while i think. and are on par with my T11 so its cool not till t12 or 13 comes out wll it realy be a big deal for me. and not only that but i love the fact that i can adjust my secondary stats to benifit what i happen to be short on at the time.

the goggles are awesome, using the cogwheels to customize what you want is fantastic
    the prices for the cogwheels are low and you just exchange some random mats for them at a guy at the camp in twilight highlands
    to be able to purchase them though you need to do the first few quests at dragonmaw port
    basically when you do the one that you take the portal back to org...then there's a follow up...then you get a quest to come back and that's when you can purchase from the vendor

The goggles are as good as any other 359 headpiece. The advantage is that using the cogwheels you can make sure they're itemized perfectly for your spec.