Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    Craigslist is full of 15 year old cars for 1000$ that have nothing wrong with them, sure it might take you several different cares to find a good one, and not one ragged way the hell out, but you can easily get a used honda, nissan, toyota, saturn s-series, or mitsu for 1000$ or less. I currently have a 1991 eagle talon turbo awd that I payed 1000$ for (its the same as a mitsubishi eclipse turbo awd) and the only thing that was wrong with it was the battery.

I've put some money in it, and I picked up a 1989 dodge colt (actually a mitsubishi) for 750$. Sure they are both old as crap, if you into the newest hottest thing its not your bag. But the colt costs me 30$ a month to insure, and gets an average of 43mpg city/highway.
    viivii- I spent $72 on booster packs and didn't even get a single loot card at all, not even a "common" one.

As for the post I quoted, I'm with you. I got a 1992 Dodge Stealth (somewhat rare nowadays, got it on Ebay) several years ago for $2000. I can't even see paying $1k for an in game mount.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Can you tell me the reason? And dont tell me it is rare.... tell me a real reason why it worths more than 1000Bucks?
    Don't tell you the reason why it's worth 1000 bucks, while telling you why its worth more than 1000 bucks? That's .. impossible. It's rarity is the reason. If they were free with every packet of Wheeties, they'd be worth virtually nothing. But that's not the case. They're worth whatever people will pay for them. Supply and demand. As they're an extremely rare commodity (sure, you can get one from a Landro's Gift Box, but you don't know what you're getting until after you redeem it, thus -the presence of these doesn't reduce it's value - there's only one way to get one 100%, and that's with the Spectral Tiger card), they're worth whatever people are willing to pay for them.

$1000 might seem a lot to you, and it's more than I'd be willing to spend on one, but to a lot of people, $1000 is loose change. In terms of "but it's just pixels in a game", so is everything anybody has ever invested in this game. That's completely beside the point - if you want one, you have to pay as much as other people will pay for them. If they were available to everyone for $5 - how much would you want it then?
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Can you tell me the reason? And dont tell me it is rare.... tell me a real reason why it worths more than 1000Bucks?
    Because supply/demand dictates that that is how much people are willing to pay for one.

Edit: ohey didn't read the majority of the thread and person right above me got it spot on.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2010-12-25 at 07:15 AM.

Because it's see thru! And clearly superior! Used to be uber rare and cool, but there's at least 5-7 running around Org now

Kind of sickening to see people defending/suporting the "reasoning" being something thats not even real being woth $1,000, guess this is related to so many people in the US being un-educated and has to do with so many being poor. Failing to have priorities thinking some "cool in game mount" has value. Anyway grats to those with the money to waste to make themselfs feel better about their lives..... Seriously though, if you have enough money that $1000 is nothing, donate to a good charity and not stroke your ego with something entirely pointless. GG on failing humanity.

Inc some rand gramar check/insert troll that wants to try and dispute what I have to say when I'm half drunk "oh noes i made a typo all I have to say is meaningless!".

15+ Year Old Account
    Modified the title of the thread due to complaints about is being misleading. It's cool that Bibi is giving away stuff like this but lets not pretend that it's free. Someone is paying, you're just getting a cool contest as a promotion

I bought my 1993 Firebird for 1,850. no problems, 85,000 miles on the engine and transmission. Slight cosmetic issues that were easily fixed.

if i could have a spectral tiger mount irl? Hell yeah, I'd pay more than a thousand. I'd pay whatever. But in game? My rusted proto-drake / black war wolf from my Lt. General days works fine.