Thread: Hit vs. Haste

10+ Year Old Account
    The Land of Transvestite Robot Skeletons AKA Wales.

Cool Hit vs. Haste

I'm a fire mage who's currently sat at the Reforger considering switching some mastery out for either some hit or some haste.
    I'm sitting on 600 hit rating (11.14% chance to miss on Bosses) and a Haste rating of 853 (6.66% Haste).
    Which do you recommend I switch out for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I will give you twice the rice and half the beatings!
    Set a course for intercourse!

Quote Originally Posted by Orvanoc View Post
    I'm a fire mage who's currently sat at the Reforger considering switching some mastery out for either some hit or some haste.
    I'm sitting on 600 hit rating (11.14% chance to miss on Bosses) and a Haste rating of 853 (6.66% Haste).
    Which do you recommend I switch out for?
    if you want to raid, reforge everything you got (mastery, haste preferable) into hit, because your stat prio looks like this:

INT>hit (til capped, 17% for raids)>crit>haste>=mastery (there are some discussions about which stat is better/worse ... you gain an extra tick from LB/FFB dot/PyroDot at 12,5% haste, so that would be a breakpoint to reach too (don't forget 3% NP and 5% raidbuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    if you want to raid, reforge everything you got (mastery, haste preferable) into hit, because your stat prio looks like this:

INT>hit (til capped, 17% for raids)>crit>haste>=mastery (there are some discussions about which stat is better/worse ... you gain an extra tick from LB/FFB dot/PyroDot at 12,5% haste, so that would be a breakpoint to reach too (don't forget 3% NP and 5% raidbuff)
    From what people say on Elitiestjerks, it's mastery over haste, but it's like the tiniest difference between the two stats. If your aiming for 12.5% in a raid, you wouldn't need much from gear, like 7.5% for that other tick, i'm unsure if the 3% from Np show in the character screen or not.

Haste at the moment is pretty useless for fire mages, unless your hit capped, and have high crit, you should be aiming for hit cap (17%).
    Then looking for gear which i would say is crit/hit, or crit/mastery or crit/haste. If you get items with hit/mastery or hit/haste you will be reforging haste into crit, or that mastery into crit right away as crit is a major stat over haste and mastery.

Quick run down.

Item with haste/mastery = Haste into crit
    Item with crit/mastery = mastery into hit
    item with crit/haste = haste into hit
    items with hit/haste = haste into crit
    items with hit/mastery = mastery into crit
    items with spirit on it reforge into the follow, Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Edit;
    Of course 17% is the raid hit cap, i think you can get away with like 8-10% if your just planning on doing heroics, and not stepping into raids (10-25man) as you would need the total hit cap of 17%.
    Last edited by Kosic; 2010-12-24 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    it's pretty Obvious to always get hit capped or huuh?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Land of Transvestite Robot Skeletons AKA Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    From what people say on Elitiestjerks, it's mastery over haste, but it's like the tiniest difference between the two stats. If your aiming for 12.5% in a raid, you wouldn't need much from gear, like 7.5% for that other tick, i'm unsure if the 3% from Np show in the character screen or not.

Haste at the moment is pretty useless for fire mages, unless your hit capped, and have high crit, you should be aiming for hit cap (17%).
    Then looking for gear which i would say is crit/hit, or crit/mastery or crit/haste. If you get items with hit/mastery or hit/haste you will be reforging haste into crit, or that mastery into crit right away as crit is a major stat over haste and mastery.

Quick run down.

Item with haste/mastery = Haste into crit
    Item with crit/mastery = mastery into hit
    item with crit/haste = haste into hit
    items with hit/haste = haste into crit
    items with hit/mastery = mastery into crit
    items with spirit on it reforge into the follow, Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Edit;
    Of course 17% is the raid hit cap, i think you can get away with like 8-10% if your just planning on doing heroics, and not stepping into raids (10-25man) as you would need the total hit cap of 17%.
    Perfect answer, exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I will give you twice the rice and half the beatings!
    Set a course for intercourse!

it's Obvious hit > all and then... >crit>haste>=mastery

I was reading into it alittle more. Thought i'd post another reply to this topic.

Basicly the stat way out is as followed.

Hit cap (17%) > Int > Crit > Haste 12.5% (516 haste rating, 5% haste buff from Shadow Priest, Boomkin or Elemental Shaman, and 3% from Netherwind Pressence) > Mastery.

Once you hit the soft cap of haste being 516 haste rating, (seems to look like 4.5% haste needed), this is where mastery out weighs haste.

So once you gain that amount, you can follow my post above.

If you want to raid, get hit capped. There's nothing like missing combustion.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are only doing heroics you will only need 6% hit to be hitcapped ( same goes for raid trash ) but for skull bosses, or lvl 88, you need 17% hit chance. Once you have 12.5% haste raidbuffed mastery will be better than haste, before that it is roughly equal and is mostly preference. But in essence you will most likely always reforge haste into crit or mastery

reforge everything till hit capped even if you have to reforge crit!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    reforge everything till hit capped even if you have to reforge crit!
    Which sucks but this is true ^^