Hunter T11 set bonus, worth it?

After some time playing my hunter, i doubt that the T11 set bonus's is worth it.
    (2) Set: Increases the critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting ability by 5%
    This is a pretty decent bonus, and for sure worth getting.

(4) Set: Your Focus Fire ability grants 1% additional haste per application of Frenzy, your Chimera Shot ability has a 10% chance to immediately refund half its focus cost, and your Black Arrow also deals instant damage to your target.

This bonus is looking to me to be utterly crap, no matter wich spec, but specaly for survival.

What are you thougths ?
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    2-piece is obviously better for surv. Ok as set bonuses go, but not all that great for BM or MM.
    4-piece is nice for BM - 5% haste, kinda weak an random for MM ... and any info on just how high that instant damage for SV is?
    Overall: Mrrrrglllrglll
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    2-piece is obviously better for surv. Ok as set bonuses go, but not all that great for BM or MM.
    4-piece is nice for BM - 5% haste, kinda weak an random for MM ... and any info on just how high that instant damage for SV is?
    Overall: Mrrrrglllrglll
    The instant dmg is the same as 1.5 tick
    (gotta love beta)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uninteresting, and pretty poor bonuses, imo, particularly the 4-set.

Deleted
    While you should get the 2 set bonus, I doubt the 4 set bonus is going to be worth it, whatever spec you are.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, 1.5 ticks of 5 means 30% BA damage increase. But BA is like 5-7% of total SV damage according to simulator(haven't raided as surv)... So that's about 1.5-2% DPS.
    It seems a bit higher as BM (FF uptime is around to 80-90% if you time it right, so 5% haste is nice).
    I don't know, 2% DPS doesn't seem bad. Nothing awesome though.
    Old Gods made me do it.

What i were thinking was more if i should spend my dkp on it, since i got helm, chest, legs and feed epic already (b4 even starting raiding) and then go for off-set items instead

You should probably get the trinket first. You can get leggings,gloves and chest from Omnotron Defense System, Magmaw and Halfus.

First tier set bonuses have always been awful. They get better later in the expansion.

I will definitely just be going with 2-piece only. The 4-piece bonus... well, I'd only use it if I had all heroic tier, and only if every other class that had gotten tier tokens that wanted them had gotten them first. So in other words, probably never.

2 set for survival is solid but the 4 set is awful unless your BM and no one is BM.

The 4-Piece isn't in our BiS slots as the Legs off Sinestra are Legs BiS and the Proto Hander Gloves is BiS for gloves. And the 4Piece doesn't even do that much damage for SV anyway.

So T11 is definitely a PASS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Barani View Post
    The 4-Piece isn't in our BiS slots as the Legs off Sinestra are Legs BiS and the Proto Hander Gloves is BiS for gloves. And the 4Piece doesn't even do that much damage for SV anyway.

So T11 is definitely a PASS.
    Except for the looks, BEST SET EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    I disagree T9 from Ulduar is the best. This one is really unique but hideous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    Uninteresting, and pretty poor bonuses, imo, particularly the 4-set.
    I agree.
    Although I'm absolutely LOVING the 4set bonus for Survival.
    Black arrow is still a major damage dealer, even though it's rather minor compared to Serpent sting and explosive shot.
    But hey! The more instant damage the better! More burst, yes please, over here waiter!

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Who never thought about being a murloc poacher, eh?

Offtopic, I love your Falric quote. So true.