Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It happened on my Win7 64, it would remove the line so i added it to the launcher command and it works. If it has been removed you are running dx10 the performance you are getting is normal wow cata

I seem to get completely random slowdown during scenes with even mild particle effects depending, oddly, on the angle of the camera.

Anyone else got this issue? I'm on a 4ghz quadcore with a GTX460 that's overclocked, seems like an odd thing to be afflicted with on this hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Azragarn View Post
    It happened on my Win7 64, it would remove the line so i added it to the launcher command and it works. If it has been removed you are running dx10 the performance you are getting is normal wow cata
    How did you add it to the launcher command? Via properties? Outline the steps because I know a few people had that issue, perhaps I will add it to the original post.

But yeah you are spot on about the second part, if the line isnt there then dx11 support is obviously not enabled.

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    I seem to get completely random slowdown during scenes with even mild particle effects depending, oddly, on the angle of the camera.

Anyone else got this issue? I'm on a 4ghz quadcore with a GTX460 that's overclocked, seems like an odd thing to be afflicted with on this hardware
    After doing what did you see this? Enabling the Dx11 support?

If thats the case, that might be something you want to report to them via an in game ticket( and/or screen shots) so they can look into it.

Amd 6 core

Ok what I have is the following:

Asus M4A87TD Evo mobo
    Amd 6 core 1075T with hyper transport
    dual ati 5770's running in crossfire
    Win 7 (64)

should I try the TKP steps and the affinity mask steps or not? If so, What steps should I take as to not wanting to screw anything up.. if more info is needed just message me and I can get them to you!

since your card supports dx11 (don´t know about crossfire) you should enable dx11 (add -d3d11 at the end of the wow shortcut/icon) -> \Launcher.exe" -d3d11

on my i7 2600k windows manged it fine (all real cores -> blanaced)

System: i7 @ 8x4.5ghz / 8 GB Ram / Win7 64bit / ATI 6950 / 128GB Samsung 840 SSD
    TheIceMan Hunter H@Eredar
    Zôhan DK A@Frostwolf
    Ices Warri A@Frostwolf
    BamFixOida Schaman A@Frostwolf
    Achillees Druid A@Frostwolf

ok, i might have missed this somewhere but to set processAffinityMask this is what i need a value for...

my core list on task mgr as 0 1 2 3 4 5

IF i want to run wow on 2 3 4 5 leaving 0 and 1 open for whatever else what value do I use.. I have tried 56, 60 etc nothing changes it stays at last 3 cores..
    thanks

NVM i reread and 60 was the number is was looking for.
    Last edited by brentj2010; 2011-03-20 at 04:07 AM.

I have a question to ask, how do you enable windows 7 core parking back once you have done the regedit change as listed in this guide? I don't really have a high end computer and I'll prefer my laptop not heating up itself due to all the cores activated at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithseeker View Post
    I have a question to ask, how do you enable windows 7 core parking back once you have done the regedit change as listed in this guide? I don't really have a high end computer and I'll prefer my laptop not heating up itself due to all the cores activated at all times.
    follow the instructions in the original post to find the core parking registry key..

Locate the valuemax dword. Change the value from 0 back to 64.

This will once again enable core parking on all cores.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brentj2010 View Post
    Ok what I have is the following:

Asus M4A87TD Evo mobo
    Amd 6 core 1075T with hyper transport
    dual ati 5770's running in crossfire
    Win 7 (64)

should I try the TKP steps and the affinity mask steps or not? If so, What steps should I take as to not wanting to screw anything up.. if more info is needed just message me and I can get them to you!
    Just follow the instructions in the op as far as adding the line to your config file...

The mask value you would want to try is:

AMD hex core - 56

Do I need to change the value of vmin to 64? what is the default value of it?

Do I need to change the value of vmin to 64? what is the default value of it?
    You do not need to touch value min. Only valuemax is ever touched.

- Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax "

- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able

- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero
    So just change valuemax back to 64. Valuemin should be at 0 by default.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!
    no problem..

Deleted
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers

dumb question since its repeated everywhere but its not

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

?

edit "Parameters" looks like there is a gap between Paramet and ers. odd.

edit: is there a reason my 2 cores are not maxed out on load at all times when im clearly under fps cap?. could it be my graphics card is bottlenecking?.
    Last edited by mmocde2a643340; 2011-04-01 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoktar View Post
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers

dumb question since its repeated everywhere but its not

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

?

edit "Parameters" looks like there is a gap between Paramet and ers. odd.

edit: is there a reason my 2 cores are not maxed out on load at all times when im clearly under fps cap?. could it be my graphics card is bottlenecking?.
    It is in fact parameters one word, there is some type of weird formatting issue.

Only part of the load of this game is sent to the cpu, it primarily handles physics calculations. The introduction of physx on some nvidia cards removes some of this load, which is yet another explanation of why you may notice that. What kind of processor do you have? Memory also plays a roll, there are a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to load balancing and what not. Just because the CPU isnt under 100% load at all times when you game doesnt mean that it isnt doing its job, there are a lot of other factors that will/can affect fps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strunker View Post
    It is in fact parameters one word, there is some type of weird formatting issue.

Only part of the load of this game is sent to the cpu, it primarily handles physics calculations. The introduction of physx on some nvidia cards removes some of this load, which is yet another explanation of why you may notice that. What kind of processor do you have? Memory also plays a roll, there are a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to load balancing and what not. Just because the CPU isnt under 100% load at all times when you game doesnt mean that it isnt doing its job, there are a lot of other factors that will/can affect fps.
    ok so i did a bit of tweaking, now both cores are at almost full load all the time at 4.1ghz, the gfx card(nvidia 260gtx) however doesnt really reach more than 60-70% load, ever, before it was at around 40%, before i turned on anti-aliasing to max. im at 4gig ram, 16gig readyboost(decnt read/write, but performance increase seems minimal, still nice tho), and bout 18 gig swap across 3 drives. i set physx to be run on the gfx card, didnt seem to increase gpu load. are there internal FPS caps depending on what area you are in?.

Quote Originally Posted by zoktar View Post
    ok so i did a bit of tweaking, now both cores are at almost full load all the time at 4.1ghz, the gfx card(nvidia 260gtx) however doesnt really reach more than 60-70% load, ever, before it was at around 40%, before i turned on anti-aliasing to max. im at 4gig ram, 16gig readyboost(decnt read/write, but performance increase seems minimal, still nice tho), and bout 18 gig swap across 3 drives. i set physx to be run on the gfx card, didnt seem to increase gpu load. are there internal FPS caps depending on what area you are in?.
    There are no fps caps. I get upwards of 170 fps sometimes even in stormwind if its late and there arent many people on.

Physx wouldnt increase gpu load as it is a separate chip on the card that is being put to work, not the gpu itself. Physx used to be a separate company, and a separate card that went into the pic slot. Nvidia bought them up, and incorporated their technology onto their boards, not within the gpu.

Do you have vertical sync turned off? What fps are you averaging at?

Deleted
    strunker sent you a pm cause forum was blabbing bout url or image link where there was none. its really all confusing to me, from what i read the first 2 threads from wow is the main application, remaining threads are stuff like sound and combatlog and stuffs. so on a dualcore without hyperthreadding the first 2 cores should be at 99% load at all times yes?. and not 60-75%

Deleted
    Hey guys. I'm using an intel core i5 750 (I believe it's quad core without HT) I've read through the post but I'm really not good at this whole side of computers. Can anyone tell me what I need to add to my config.wtf file? Much appricated <3

Could you add some stuff to the OP about tweaking more graphical stuff, better spell effects, more grass/trees, better view distance etc :P

I've seen screenshots where peoples wow looks AMAZING but I cant seem to replicate it

Also seen some screenshots where it actually looks realistic with bloom effects etc but cant find anything

Deleted
    Nice guide thanks