Thread: Shaman PVP

Shaman PVP

Heyho Guys,

i am thinking about returning to one of my favority classes in all wow...now goblin style!

But as i have been abscent some time there is a question i wanted to ask...
    How is the shaman class (each spec) doing in pvp?Be it arena or bg... last time i played we had practically 0 survivability... has it gotten any better?

Merry Xmas
    Qtie

Resto - Yes. However, you will still die. DKs, warriors, and feral druids are so ridiculously over powered right now that no healers have much survivability.

Enhancement - I tank multiple melees at a time with a healer, but I also did in 3.X

Ele - I don't know about survivability - although I believe it lost Astral Shift. I'm not sure if they got anything in return. Their damage and healing is pretty good.

Enhance is amazing if you know how to play it
    I haven't really touched Resto yet, but apparently they're still viable
    I hear Ele is doodoo lol
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

With good res gear, no one DPS should overly shut you down as resto. However, we really have no 'oh shit' ability like bubble/pain supp/barkskin+tree form etc, so you are pretty much hosed with multiple unpeeled DPS on you.

Deleted
    Currently Enhancement and Restoration are doing fantastically in BGs and in arena.
    Elemental is way behind the other two right now.

Deleted
    elemental is the worst pvp specc at the moment, guess its even worse than some classes who havent spent any talent points at all

enhancement and restoration should be fine though

Elemental has always been a glass cannon and their burst still seems to be fine. I'm not liking my damage output as Enh though compared to the other melee. Having to alternate between SoE, EB, and SC is annoying and my heals are really weak compared to WotLK which would be fine but it seems like the other Melee heals outside of maybe paladins hasn't taken such a huge hit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

if you plan on pvping as elemental, or shaman class in general. Shamans require a ton of resilience, easily over 2.5-3k+ after you reach these numbers it will be easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    elemental is the worst pvp specc at the moment, guess its even worse than some classes who havent spent any talent points at all
    I would like to know who told you this.
    I've got 3k resillience and pvp specced / glyphed and I can solo 2 - 3 melee classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    I would like to know who told you this.
    I've got 3k resillience and pvp specced / glyphed and I can solo 2 - 3 melee classes.

i am talking about PvP versus opponents who have the same gear and skill level. not random bg or world pvp or anything. btw why did you skip -12% magic damage in your pvp specc??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    i am talking about PvP versus opponents who have the same gear and skill level. not random bg or world pvp or anything. btw why did you skip -12% magic damage in your pvp specc??
    I've found it more useful for instant ghost wolf / 10% damage reduction while casting. I can easily interrupt spell casting or use grounding totem to avoid spell damage.