Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Very Own Broodmother - Achievement

So, this achievement is found in Deepholm, and I think you're able to get the quest after hitting revered with Therazane. That's when I first got it. The requirements are as followed:

"Complete the Restless Brood daily quest in Deepholm within 90 seconds of striking the Resonating Crystal."

I got this the other day, after a few failures. First, I'll tell you what to avoid.
    1. After striking the resonating crystal, don't start jumping up the rocks. Terrath the Steady will pull you down, then toss you back up. Just move over to him to make it a little quicker.
    2. When you see fire on the rock you're standing on, jump to the next.
    3. When you get done, Terrath is waiting at the bottom for you to turn in. Don't fly back to Therazane's Throne to turn in.
    4. If you're a hunter, you don't have your pet. Get to a rock that puts you at firing range, pop cooldowns, and blow the dragon up.

Alternatively, if someone else is fighting the dragon, you can jump on up the rocks and help. You'll get credit for the kill. After you fall, hit the resonating crystal, then go turn in to Terrath for an easy achievement.

I only suggest cheesing the achievement AFTER you've tried doing it the right way. Some people have problems with it, be it a L2Play issue or whatever, so I added that in. I imagine it'll be hotfixed one day, so if you need to cheese, do so soon.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

It also helps to stand in the green bubble if you see it pop up as it increases damage done.

Oddly enough, Terrath didn't pull me back down when I did the achievement about a week ago, but I'm thinking they must have hotfixed it as he did it last night when I was just doing the daily for rep.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

For some reason, i waited til someone else started the quest without me in the group and I got ticked off and started to help them, you know, to make it going quicker. After we killed the dragon, I got credit for killing her, so i tried striking the crystal, and the timer started, so i turned in the quest and got the achivement. Might be an oversight on blizz's part but it was pretty nice.

Being in a group to do the quest works currently, and makes the encounter and achievement trivial.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got tired of it because even in my DD spec it was a pain as melee since even jumping away before breath to jump back into melee distance I would be anyware from 8 to 13 sec slow so yesterday I just waited for someone to come along they hit the crystal; I then counted to 15 hit the cristal got thrown up and helped him down the dragon. The second I was out of combat I mounted up, hit the button to get off the rock and flew down to return quest. Got the achieve with 35 seconds to spare and the person who went up first got it too so that was good but made me feel like an asshat for waiting 15 seconds to be sure I get my own achievement.
    Last edited by Otakira; 2010-12-22 at 04:01 PM. Reason: switched terms to english equiv.
    85/85/85/81/53/40/20/85/85/72

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even have to be in a group. Just wait till someone is at 50% and have at it. Insta-achiev.

Unless they fixed it you could simply hit the crystal again after completing her component of the quest to reset the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Unless they fixed it you could simply hit the crystal again after completing her component of the quest to reset the timer.
    I'm pretty certain this works as well. It isn't terribly hard to take her down quickly if you've got a little bit of gear (85 blues), but when you drop down, just hit it again for a fairly guaranteed achievement.

It seems a lot of the zone achievements are fairly easy... except maybe that annoying trampoline .

I think as long as you are on her threat list you get quest credit.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

What will be hotfixed....? This achievement is ridiculously easy. If youre melee though, make sure you let the rocks reset after the previous quester, so you have enough of them to stay in melee range.
    Sometimes questers overlap and Terrath the Steady won't put you on a rock and you won't be able to hand the quest in right next to its place. The closest place you WILL be able to hand it in is the area of Pale Roost or something, where you do quests for Terrath the Steady before you can even do anything for Therazane.
    I had 24 seconds left after after I flew there to hand it in. My gear isn't awesome. I did, however, use the rock with the green bubble buff that increases your damage by 50%, I think. But I could still do it without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andymion View Post
    I think as long as you are on her threat list you get quest credit.
    You do, but you need to bang the crystal yourself if you want the achievement. I missed it the other day when I did it with someone from my guild.

I really don't think this achievement needs a dedicated thread. It's incredibly easy, the only reason I failed it the first time I tried was because NPC despawned right before my eyes, even tho I had like 20 seconds spare (without outside help). The other time it was even easier... I can't imagine anyone failing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Ninja an opposing faction's tag.
    2. Fight the dragon.
    3. Mount up, exit vehicle (right numpad 5)
    4. Strike Crystal
    5. Hand in quest.
    That's all there is to it.

Thanks for the helpful information op!

Deleted
    I hit a other players target for 1 hit, then died, ran back he killed the mob while i was dead, I still got th required kill for it.
    then banged the Crystal with the hammer (before getting the dragon kill), and then just handed in... 90 seconds achievement done in less then 2.
    Wil probably get fixed though so hurry if you want it !

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    For some reason, i waited til someone else started the quest without me in the group and I got ticked off and started to help them, you know, to make it going quicker. After we killed the dragon, I got credit for killing her, so i tried striking the crystal, and the timer started, so i turned in the quest and got the achivement. Might be an oversight on blizz's part but it was pretty nice.
    This.

Someone else had started the quest, I banged the green thing, got credit within 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Akinaria View Post
    1. Ninja an opposing faction's tag.
    2. Fight the dragon.
    3. Mount up, exit vehicle (right numpad 5)
    4. Strike Crystal
    5. Hand in quest.
    That's all there is to it.
    This mob like Glop doesn't abide by tags, if you do damage, you get credit.

Deleted
    Great info! Thanks for that!

The wording on the achievement doesn't indicate that you have to hit the crystal first. So I tried it, I killed the dragon then hit the crystal. Got the achievement.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Deleted
    Easily soloed with start and dps by myself... no ninja, no tricks and cheats... just jump and nuke.