10+ Year Old Account

USB ports unresponsive

Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-01-27 at 01:46 AM.

Have you looked into device manager? (Windows key +pause/break key at same time) then go to hardware tab and check dev manager. Scroll to down to see if there is anything flagged (small yellow triangle with ! on it) or anything X'd. If so, right click and click uninstall device, then go to the menu and click scan for new hardware devices. Try that out mate.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried plugging your mouse/keyboard into different USB ports? If you have any on the front, they're not quite the same as the ones on the back (having to come in via wires instead of directly soldered to the motherboard) so you might want to try that just to see if you can use your peripherals temporarily until you can figure out the root of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't use the front peripherals because I know they don't supply as much power. Like I said, the keyboard and mouse works until windows boots up. The num lock light on my keyboard is even illuminated, it just doesn't respond.
    You'll have to find a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, turn of the PC, plug them in and boot with it. Then do what is suggested above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't use the front peripherals because I know they don't supply as much power. Like I said, the keyboard and mouse works until windows boots up. The num lock light on my keyboard is even illuminated, it just doesn't respond.
    pretty sure front usb ports supply the same power as rear however even if they don't its more then enough for smaller devices such as keyboard and mouse its when you try and plug in stuff like usb scanners that don't have there own power supply that would draw more power then whats available