Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Archeology Addons that help

i was wondering if there are any useful archeology addons that make a difference or are helpful in some way , was curious if anyone knew a few good ones
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

There is one, that combined with another, is god-send.

Archy, and combined with TomTom (a general GPS-style mod), is GPS-Archaeology with no need to ever open your map or journal ever again.

Both can be found on Curse.com or Wowinterface.com

I use GatherMate2 to track where I dug before and to see what type of dig site each one is.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Archy, and combined with TomTom (a general GPS-style mod), is GPS-Archaeology with no need to ever open your map or journal ever again.

I love Archy. It is so useful.

I've tried about 4 or 5 mods. Archy is the only one I kept.

Archy with <3 from Curse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

This!!! absolutely!!! with TomTom telling you the nearest site and Archy telling you what type of fragment each site has it's great for planning where to go and when.
    never open your journal again! really. get this!

does this use a lot of resources on your system? i use multi computers and one of witch is very low end. so anything i have needs to be minimal. Thanks for the addon info though ^_^

I havn't used Archy (got a curse tab open now getting it). But I use http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/arh.aspx and it seems to seed things up.

You get to the digsit and you hit the pickaxe to turn on the overlay map. You survey and then point your character in the direction of the scope and hit the red/green/yellow buttons (hotkeyable) and it makes an overlay map showing the possible places it could be. Repeat and then you have 2 overlapping overlays and you know that your find is inside the overlapped part.

My description probably sucks, but i found it useful.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo View Post
    I havn't used Archy (got a curse tab open now getting it). But I use http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/arh.aspx and it seems to seed things up.

You get to the digsit and you hit the pickaxe to turn on the overlay map. You survey and then point your character in the direction of the scope and hit the red/green/yellow buttons (hotkeyable) and it makes an overlay map showing the possible places it could be. Repeat and then you have 2 overlapping overlays and you know that your find is inside the overlapped part.

My description probably sucks, but i found it useful.
    Oh, it also lodas up your find sites from Gatherer2 and puts them on the overlay which is REALLY helpful since they seem to always be in the same general spots. If you have a yellow light and theres only 1 previious find in the yellow overlay you pretty much know thats going to be it.

Nice, I will have to look into these.

10+ Year Old Account
    boazjuggalo: thank you for the heads up - I've used Archy and like it, but the HUD overlay showing the likely areas and previous artifact locations may well be the clincher for me switching to and sticking with Archaeology Helper.

Thanks, Archy looks pretty useful.

I wish Gatherer got finally updated ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote my own to track what I didn't solve yet:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...professor.aspx

Archy all the time, is the best addon for that profession

Deleted
    I use gatherer and it works like a charm!

10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer archy + tomtom
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Deleted
    thanks a lot!! i really need that ^^

Archy is the best I've seen. Lot of useful features.

15+ Year Old Account
    Archy is way better than Gathermate2 for Archaeology.

Don't get me wrong - I love Gathermate2, and I'll always use it for other professions ESPECIALLY with Sexymap's HUD and Routes, but for Archaeology, Archy is flat out superior.

I'd also suggest posters look into ArcheoTriangle. Its database is pretty limited right now and the author is still improving it, but when it is done, it will have a complete set of all in-game nodes with the logic associated with them. That means you can line yourself up with your survey mark, hit the color-appropriate button, and it will instantly tell you where the node is. It is at least worth keeping an eye on because it is the best "logic-based" Archaeology addon that tries to find node coordinates from one point. It is the only feature that Archy is missing.

TL;DR:
    Archy for Archaeology in general
    ArcheoTriangle for a node-finding logic-based approach
    Gathermate2 + Sexymap's HUD + Routes for all other gathering professions (this combination is amazing)
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines