LastLast

2011 Disaster Prediction

As title says, what disaster do you think will occur in 2011

Examples:
    Volcano Erupting
    Tsunami
    Hurricane
    Earthquake

I personally think the tension @ Korea will get too much and a war may erupt.
    Also, something like the Queen dying before the Royal Wedding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Odd thread but I'll bite All of those will probably happen, it's a matter of when and where that is the question Maybe an asteriod might hit, but we're not due for the big hit untill 2038. (My date may be off by a few years). But It's something I really looking forward too, also terrified to death at the same time, because we are due for one...
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2010-12-25 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Smilies looked terrible.

Apophis is most likely (1 in 250000 chance) not going to enter the keyhole in 2019, which would cause a collision in 2038. But in 2011 I think we'll see a major Volcano erupting.

The disaster is going to be man made.
    A false flag terror attack thats going to result in even more TSA style ridiculousness, and erosion of our freedoms.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with you on the whole N/S Korea deal going south pretty quick. Possibly something to do with China doing some kind of hostile attack (or at least some stubborn stance) is also a possibility I could see

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tomathy View Post
    The disaster is going to be man made.
    This is pretty much a given, but there will always be some kind of natural disaster going on, too. Our freedom's are already compromised. Telling people they are free is the best way to oppress, but this is a discussion for another time and place
    Last edited by Pfeff; 2010-12-25 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    North/South Korea is definately at the top of my list. I'd worry about Iran and their nuclear programme, but I doubt that the international community has the guts to actually step in with anything other than a few possible trade sanctions.

As for natural disasters, I'd say floods and a Hurricanes are the most likely.

hmmm
    lets see now
    yeah i would go with most of the post here already how ever there is one that isnt on here
    massive solar storm hittin us head on on a global level then with all the power,travel and so on disruptions having a knock on effect on the global markets leading to another crash worse then we just had also causing short term food water and fuel supplies shortages that could lead to civil unrest such as looting and people gathering around in large groups hampering any repair efforts by supply agencies thus componding the problems. Given that its well know that our power grid is at risk from geomagnetic storms that can cuase damage and blackouts and disable satilites it is a very real problem remote perhaps but still a real problem and knowing that most stores now rely on just intime services "they only carry enough stock to last till next restock in a few days" it wouldnt take much for those to fall over. Its so ironic that every thing is so tied into each other now that one hiccup can have a huge flow on effect

I'm going to go with one of the following:
    Volcano Erupting
    Tsunami

You want to talk about and predict something that will destroy cities, cause billions in damage, and take thousands of innocent lives?

Why are we talking past 2012. That's the end of the world nothing more matters. Prepare yourself.

As for 2011, we have a black president now, anything can happen as far as world disasters go.

Yes. Isn't that what the weather channel does?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would want too predict disasters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will happen. That's the worst disaster I could think of.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    2012 my friends... 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post

I personally think the tension @ Korea will get too much and a war may erupt.
    The North will bomb a part of the South (similar to the shelling of that Island).
    The South will finally retaliate. Their battle plan will be:
    Step 1: Put the top Starcraft players in charge of their military.
    Step 2: 10 seconds later, win.

A false flag big enough to get us into war with Iran to prop up the dollar to prevent the collapse as long as possible, I think, is going to happen. That, or, the US dollar is going to collapse and the country will go with it. Civil disorder will lead to martial law enforced by foreign troops (HELLOOOOOOOOO UN!) and all your gold and weapons are going to be confiscated. Since S510 was passed, you won't be able to grow your own food without being prosecuted and sent to jail or heavily fined (which you can't pay since you have worthless toilet paper now). This means that manufactured food shortages are going to be easier to create.

Buy guns. Buy non-GM foods and seeds. Buy barbed wire and get ready.

InB4/tinfoil

I see a huge tornado season coming up this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    The North will bomb a part of the South (similar to the shelling of that Island).
    The South will finally retaliate. Their battle plan will be:
    Step 1: Put the top Starcraft players in charge of their military.
    Step 2: 10 seconds later, win.
    ^ this

I'm not sure of american politics living in australia but heres my prediction

Sarah palin wins presedential election: US goes to war with EVERYONE, US dollar collapes
    Global warming causes widespread flooding, cyclones, hurricanes and drought.
    More whales die from the Japanese
    North Korea allies with Iran and reforms the soviet union: axis of evil is born
    Drugs become legal in mexico to stop drug wars.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Why are we talking past 2012. That's the end of the world nothing more matters. Prepare yourself.

As for 2011, we have a black president now, anything can happen as far as world disasters go.
    There has been black presidents over the world way before Obama.. I like how you think America is the world.

Also as an European, I don't think Obama has been that bad at all?