What is a nice cheap profession to power level?

I'm wondering what cheap professions are available that I can power level through? Not including JC and Enchant as I have those already. Wanting it on an alt of mine just to give me something to do during this slow holiday period :P

are you asking which profession in general? or would you like to know the specifics such as gathering or crafting. secondary?

gathering: skinning
    crafting: tailoring
    secondary: first aid

Sorry I wasn't more specific, I meant for crafting. I'm not fond of travelling all over Azeroth to find herbs / nodes xD

Was is the state of power leveling alchemy atm?

Alchemy has got to be the cheapest and easiest to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    a girl can dream, can't he?

Is alchemy a good money maker on its own and is it beneficial in other ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    Is alchemy a good money maker on its own and is it beneficial in other ways?
    Provided you have herbalism to supply the raw materials. There's always a demand for flasks/pots, and currently Transmute: Puregold is drawing a nice commission. As to other benefits, you can craft a trinket which is great for tanking and very good for healing (current content), and get double duration on flasks/elixirs.

Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    Alchemy has got to be the cheapest and easiest to level.
    I agree with this. I leveled alchemy from 1-525 in about 8 hours flying around gathering herbs on my 80 rogue the other day. My self sufficient alt farming setup is now complete

Alchemy and herbalism was quite easy.

With the expansion just coming out right now is probably the worst time to be power leveling any crafting profession, if you want to do it cheaply. It all depends on what you want your profession for. If you're looking for a money maker jc and alch make decent money. Though if you're leveling your profession by buying mats from the AH it's going to be a while till you make back the cost.

Deleted
    It depends on your server, but Inscription is really easy to level and rather cheap. On my server almost every glyph is going for 100g + which is ridiculous!

Which Alchemy master would people say bring the most profit?

Flasks has always been good... Don't know if cauldrons will change that, though, but up until now, everybody has needed flasks to raid, so elixir master has been good

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    Flasks has always been good... Don't know if cauldrons will change that, though, but up until now, everybody has needed flasks to raid, so elixir master has been good
    Even so, cauldrons will still need flasks as reagents, so they won't ever become obsolete for raiding.

Deleted
    Inscribtion.

Deleted
    Herbelis / alchemy

Deleted
    mining/herbalism
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2010-12-26 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Removed reference to activities against the Blizzard ToS.

Agreed.....Herb/alch is a fail-safe and easy proffs to lvl. Keeps you topped up with flasks all the time and with a little farming, enough gold to shower in it =)