Reforging as Ret

I know that reforging for the hit cap and reforging for atleast 16 expertise is ideal, but where do I go after that? I read on EJ that reforging stats like crit to haste was a good idea as a 3 second CS cd is very good, but then I see top rets not doing that, which confuses me. They're sometimes reforging haste to crit, or not even bothering reforging some of their pieces, and they're not at the soft haste cap, and I really doubt their combined raid buffs bring them ALL the way where they need to be. I doubt they're doing it wrong, which brings me here, and I could be wrong. I'm just trying to figure out as a ret where to go. Any help is appreciated.

Deleted
    Currently you won't reach 3sec CS cd no metter how much you reforge but when packed up in full epic HC gear you'll come close but until that there's no point going for it since you'll end up either waiting for the cd or use another ability instead which puts the closest CS rotation to every 4,5 sec which you have without haste so reforging haste to critt will give you better output because you get more crits and you don't waste time waiting for CS cd or waste time when it's off cd because you used another ability.

So should I reforge haste to crit, or not even bother?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiph View Post
    So should I reforge haste to crit, or not even bother?
    You reforge to hit, then exp, then haste.

Stat*
    Redcape 5.12*
    Exemplar 12-22*
    Str 1 1
    AP .45 .45
    Hit .42 .27
    Exp .27 .18
    Crit .20 .12
    Haste .16 .11
    Mastery .09 .06

taken from EJ

Haste is the way to go imo, but I wouldnt reforge crit to haste, they're both important stats

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed I do better DPS in PvP gear because Strength is so high of value. It's pretty stupid how broken this class is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by hamzzia View Post
    Haste is the way to go imo, but I wouldnt reforge crit to haste, they're both important stats
    Couldn't put it better myself.

Deleted
    hit/exp cap>haste>crit>mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    You reforge to hit, then exp, then haste.

Stat*
    Redcape 5.12*
    Exemplar 12-22*
    Str 1 1
    AP .45 .45
    Hit .42 .27
    Exp .27 .18
    Crit .20 .12
    Haste .16 .11
    Mastery .09 .06

taken from EJ
    you say reforge to haste while the stat values you copied from ej say reforge to crit ;p
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    you say reforge to haste while the stat values you copied from ej say reforge to crit ;p
    Realized it after posting, too lazy to edit x)

Haste value changed since the beggining of December.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    I think it's safe to say at this level you don't want to stack heavily one way or the other. When I was stacking crit for testing purposes I could see the difference in my crit rate but I could also see the difference in the less auto attack less CS and less censure damage.

IMO it's very important to keep both relatively even to each other, The way to look at this is you only gain 5% additional haste in a Raid but you gain a considerable amount of crit. I'd suggest aiming for 10-12% haste 7-8% crit and allow them to go up as gear changes. End result is you wind up with around 15-17% both stats which isn't to bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I always reforge from haste to crit. It's only 40% of the original stat, so you're keeping a fair balance while still keeping true to stat weights(Exemplar and Redcape both agree with regards to crit v. haste).

Until it really gets to being viable I'd say go for crit before haste. At first I thought "oh I'd better get that CD cooldown capped," but it doesn't really seem as possible as it should be.

Gotta say it felt kinda goofy leveling from 80 to 85 watching Crusader Strike get crappier and crappier as my character gained experience.

anyone else dislike having under 15% crit unbuffed?

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    anyone else dislike having under 15% crit unbuffed?
    I rather like it, crits feel special again. In Wrath I had over 50% crit chance unbuffed...that was ridiculous. Fully raid buffed, I expected mostly crits.