Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Amazed noone see any value in http://www.wowhead.com/item=54589#comments anymore.
    Eventhough you sacrifice a good chunk of int for it (~140int over an 359ilvl int trinket), the use effect is still awesom at 85. It provide alot of throughput in 25man raids, especialy on some encounters.
    I provide some evidence of our Cho'gall kill last week where the trinket did 7.5 % of my total healing over that fight http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9927&e=10439

Ofc, its more of a situational trinket and wont work in 5 or 10mans to much, but imo should be considered as a worthy foe to the normal mode trinkets atleast.
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Amazed noone see any value in http://www.wowhead.com/item=54589#comments anymore.
    Eventhough you sacrifice a good chunk of int for it (~140int over an 359ilvl int trinket), the use effect is still awesom at 85. It provide alot of throughput in 25man raids, especialy on some encounters.
    I provide some evidence of our Cho'gall kill last week where the trinket did 7.5 % of my total healing over that fight http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9927&e=10439

Ofc, its more of a situational trinket and wont work in 5 or 10mans to much, but imo should be considered as a worthy foe to the normal mode trinkets atleast.
    Id still prefer trinkets like tear of blood or the int trinket from the Uldum quest line over that though, especially if you are only getting normal mode gear starting out the int + regen is better even if its not that much of an Int gain.

Especially at lower gear levels, regen is going to be even more important then the aoe heal the trinket provides
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2011-01-03 at 11:59 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post

I might try this next week for Halfrus. I hadn't even thought of this thing--thank god I kept it!

I am in now way saying this trinket is awsome at the early levels of gear, with normal dungeon to some heroic dungeon pieces of gear. Regen and raw int is king there.
    I was more thinking when you get over that limit where regen is vital for you to survive a 5 min fight.

And, without doing the math to serious, i still dont think any of the trinkets listed there except a few provide such a boost in output like the twilight scale does.

That is 25man raids im talking about ofc. for certain 25mans and 10mans i switch it out for an int trinket or spirit one.
    Say what?

TFD is BiS trinket currently... there others can be debatable and things like mechanics and availability of MTT change that.

TFD is definately NOT BiS. The on use gives 350 mp5 and the replenish from the int is 26.5 mp5. The mp5 from JoAR is 531.02 and the "mp5" from shard of woe is 405+.

While TFD is very good on short fights where the mp5 from JoAR doesn't have time to overtake the initial mana from TFD. Jar beats TFD on most raid encounters.

I fixed the math on FoM(heroic). Assuming it procs after a 45icd its about 480mp5. The issue i've been having with this trinket is that the ICD is either not 45s or it has a terrible proc rate. With the normal mode FoM I had 4x procs over an 8min encounter, while a few others got 5 procs on the same fight.

Assuming 1.5min proc rate, 207mp5 + 30 for replen. This places FoM under JoAR, TFD, and Core of Ripeness.

The top 3 trinkets would be
    #1 Shard of Woe
    #2 Jar of Ancient Remedies
    #3 Core of Ripeness
    Core of Ripeness depends on the comp basically. Mana tides make this trinket amazing since you can easily time this with tide, where trinkets that proc are not guaranteed to go with tide unless tide is saved specifically for you.
    Last edited by s8mpurye; 2011-01-04 at 03:23 AM.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

How to calculate trinket value.

Trinket Value = (Amount of Passive Stat x Passive Stat's Weight) + ((Amount of Proc/Use Stat x Proc/Use Stat's Weight) x Proc/Use Uptime)

Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    TFD is definately NOT BiS. The on use gives 350 mp5 and the replenish from the int is 26.5 mp5. The mp5 from JoAR is 531.02 and the "mp5" from shard of woe is 405+.

While TFD is very good on short fights where the mp5 from JoAR doesn't have time to overtake the initial mana from TFD. Jar beats TFD on most raid encounters.

I fixed the math on FoM(heroic). Assuming it procs after a 45icd its about 480mp5. The issue i've been having with this trinket is that the ICD is either not 45s or it has a terrible proc rate. With the normal mode FoM I had 4x procs over an 8min encounter, while a few others got 5 procs on the same fight.

Assuming 1.5min proc rate, 207mp5 + 30 for replen. This places FoM under JoAR, TFD, and Core of Ripeness.

The top 3 trinkets would be
    #1 Shard of Woe
    #2 Jar of Ancient Remedies
    #3 Core of Ripeness
    Core of Ripeness depends on the comp basically. Mana tides make this trinket amazing since you can easily time this with tide, where trinkets that proc are not guaranteed to go with tide unless tide is saved specifically for you.
    First off if we are to compare ONLY regen you would be correct but that is hardly the entire picture imo. Even still CoR is not better than TFD unless you can guarantee that CoR is used in conjunction with a MTT. SoW and JoAR are inferior because they lack int. If you were absolutely desperate for mana then sure I can see SoW or JoAR being worthwhile but the throughput provided by additional int is something I favor much more.

Mana regen = less time under lolDP, and less time spent judging. So regen is a throughput stat as well. Not to mention SoW gives an extra tick to HR every other HR.

Using 2x int trinkets is less than 1k sp raid buffed, I'm already over 8k sp raid buffed. So losing the 1/8th of my sp for the ability to cast DL a bit harder is definately nothing to be pushed aside.
    Last edited by s8mpurye; 2011-01-04 at 04:06 AM.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brashara View Post
    I disagree. I've got the world 10 parse on Chimaeron, so I dunno if throughput is my issue either.

On topic, the best two are Fall of Mortality and Core of Ripeness. Tsunami instead of ripeness if farm it, maybe.

Lmao... Not to sound cocky, but I don't think you understand how funny saying "I've got a world 10 parse on Chimaeron" is. Chimaeron is a fight where everyone is constantly at 1 health and you only have to keep people above 10k. You are obviously overhealing like hell on this, which is just bad play. You don't want to heal a lot on this, because you don't have to. Seems to me you're just "herp derp let me heal people as much as I can" instead of keeping them at 10k+ like you're supposed to.

If you have access to a resto shaman, then Core of Ripeness is surely BiS due to the spirit use, and how grossly overpowered it is with mana tide.

Core of Ripeness is a definite pick for now - its a point Trinket and I would make it my first buy for sure (in fact I did). I would use Core of Ripeness with Jar of Remedies until I reached the heroic gear level at which point I would likely switch to Shard of Woe (Heroic) over Core of Ripeness.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-01-04 at 01:07 PM.

Here's some logs. I ran the Twilight Scale to test. I'm not CLOSE the world's best healer (as the numbers obviously show, lol) but you can see that it is a pretty noticable amount of healing. I had to call for an innervate on each fight though.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9xiaq2ymy7w9ga6l/

How much regen. would you guys consider 'enough'?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking due to necromancy.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!