Siamat Platform RNG.

Transition phase throws people off the platform... is this somehow avoidable or is it supposed to port people back up? seems kinda annoying when we wipe because someone gets thrown off, and as far as i can tell its random and uncontrollable.

Never had that happen in a group, myself. I've come CLOSE but I just assumed it was "close" for a reason, heh. Maybe stand closer? Or does he knock you back to the edge before doing it? I forget.

The problem with the fight is that you can be in the middle of the room and if RNG hits just right it can triple knock you back in the same direction off the platform. It would be very rare to see this, but possible. It's very highly possible to get knocked off the edge if you're anywhere near it.

never been knocked off myself, but I suppose it's very possible.

Well even if it knocks you off you can hop back in the whirlwinds and get back into the fight. Did it a few days ago. Died, ran back, got up top as the tank died and the healer dropped. Popped evasion and cloak, shammy healer ankh'd and we dropped him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me TWICE IN A ROW in the same pull as a healer.

I raged pretty hard.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Once when I was doing this dungeon on normal, I was blown off and could not teleport back up to the platforms via the whirlwinds. I got an error saying that I couldn't use them while in combat. Not sure if they fixed this or not, but when it happened again in heroic, I was able to use the whirlwind to get back up just fine. I'm ranged, so I stay kinda close to the edge on habit.

My advise would to keep track of the Servants. Move in when the third one is about to die since once you kill three, his bubble comes off and he'll start throwing you around then.

well, the two solution for that problem are to run to the middle as people said, or have the back on a tornado teleport so if that you may fall down it is possible to easy return up and fight.

The achieve for this boss was the most frustrating one for me for these exact reasons.

I've done all of what people are saying and more, yet time and time again while grp is grouped up to refresh the debuff, you get knocked back and miss it, or even knocked off. Other times you dont get knocked at all.

Deleted
    Never fell off unless I was trying to move - if I stand still and let him toss me around I never fell down - very close to the edge - yes - but never out of it. Seems to me it's just fight design to not press wsad at all during that phase.

I got thrown off as healer, I was standing near the middle, 3 pushes in the same direction -.-

I was able to get up pretty quick, and we got the kill anyway =]

10+ Year Old Account
    One run my guildie got knocked off the platform and OUT OF THE INSTANCE. He couldn't come back in either because the boss was engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Never fell off unless I was trying to move - if I stand still and let him toss me around I never fell down - very close to the edge - yes - but never out of it. Seems to me it's just fight design to not press wsad at all during that phase.
    Moving doesnt effect it at all.

If u ARE unlucky it can triple throw you off. Its so ANNOYING. I always Iceblock during that to save me the trouble.

i just bubble for that and heal others
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    One run my guildie got knocked off the platform and OUT OF THE INSTANCE. He couldn't come back in either because the boss was engaged.
    Happened to me, i fell into the water on north-east side. The only way to get back is to go all around to the south, theres an entrance with a tornado that can get you back up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never got knockbacked yet, but i'm warrior on other hand so i just heroic leap in the middle when i get abit away, but i guess you can just stay in middle before it starts and you'll be ok
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fell off once during an attempt, what I do now is when I see the third melee add sitting on around 50% health I just go more to the center of the platform, and I've never fallen off since.

Seems like a good way to avoid it, also had a priest Leap of Faith save me once when I wasn't paying attention for a micro second, oh how I love priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Happened to me, i fell into the water on north-east side. The only way to get back is to go all around to the south, theres an entrance with a tornado that can get you back up.
    Yep same for me a few days ago, first time I've ever been knocked off and I was standing in the middle of the platform.
    Though i didn't make it in before the group wiped so i was teleported to the boss so that he would have the chance to kill me =)

15+ Year Old Account
    If you fall off you can take the air things back up it.

Deleted
    Got knocked back once, and it happened to be just the small moat in the west. Swam north to the entrance. Damn, you can't leave the moat there. Had to swim all the way to the crocodile boss, sprint back into the market, then take the whirlwind up. Arrived just at the moment before the rest of the party had brought him down.
    But that isn't that bad compared to Sethekk Halls, where mobs could fear you outside the walls into the void.