15+ Year Old Account

being evil isnt having its regular kickback

Short Version of this post: is how do I max my dps to the numbers all the other casters are putting out?

TLR Version... I've been doing tons of pugs and all of my gear is 316ilevel or higher. I tend to be the only hit capped person in my randoms yet some how I am only doing half the damage I did in wrath. For example on the 2nd boss in Stonecore there are quite a few arial phases where I am the only one who can dps. Some how the all melee group I was in all pulled 5-7k+ in thier non hit capped 292 greens while I working my ass off and only seeing my hits move the boss bar any did a measly 3.5.
    WTH is my toon broken this way.....!!! and if it's the whole class please say so. The only fault i can gather would be in my spec because my rotation is obvious (SW:P, DP, VT, MFx3, then MB when proced) feel free to point out my spec is silly, i was thinking the more damage bonuses the better but evangelism is only helpful when not consumed according to my drdamage. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alarius/simple

Is everyone in your PuG level 83?

Maybe you should try to increase spell power for more punch. But to be honest, I would just get to 85 first then worry about your max dps.

Don't compare to WOTLK.

as shadowpriest you are quite gear dependant so until 85 your dps will probably suck till you got some decent gear and while lvling i shouldn't worry to much about hit cap either

^^ What that person said...

Levels 81, 82, and 83 just utterly destroy your %'s... you should avoid 'hit cap' and go for 'mostly hit capped' and use those extra points to bump up other stats.

Hitting a +3 mob is not *that* important while leveling, especially if you're doing stonecore at 83 -- I don't think any mobs are 86+ on normal stonecore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I just dumped a good precentage of haste items in favor for hit ><, but I think i was going by an old model of haste not affecting the ticks of my dots which has been changed so it's possible I just nerffed myself

I don't play a priest (never really liked them)
    I do play a mage, and one word of advice i can give you - as others have said, is do not go for hit cap.
    I didn't worry about reaching cap until I was ready to raid. Just watch your percent to make sure you can hit a mob two levels higher than you without problems. That is like 7% as a caster or something (it might be more I do remember)
    So there really is no point in hit cap until you start on raids. at that point, you want the hit, because you will see a difference in those hit capped and those not hit capped. until that point, dont worry about it.

You only need 6% hit for heroics (anything 2 lvls higher than you) and is quiet easy to get with spirit converting to hit. Once you get 6% hit convert all your spirit into haste (pref) or crit (if only choice) Once your haste starts getting up there combine with getting more INT/SP you will do really good dps on most boss fights, pending you do our priority rotation right.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2010-12-29 at 02:32 PM.