Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

If you like Jack you deffinitly should start at Season 1 when Eccelson was the Doctor. It's where we first meet him and you'll get a lot of his back story. Plus... idk I sort of feel like to understand where the story is now you need to see the episodes. I mean not to understand what is happening... but more of why it is how it is. If that makes any kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    of the new series series 1,2,3,4
    Holy crap thanks for the fast reply! I just put it my my queue. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I have tried and tried to get into this show, I've got maybe 6 episodes under my belt but I do not like it. I LOVE Torchwood, but for some reason I cannot get into Doctor Who. I have only watched the most recent season so maybe thats my issue? What series has Jack in it? I have Netflix and there are so many options.
    Jack is in the 9th-13th episodes of the 1st season of the 2005 series, but I would watch the whole season up to that point. There are some not so great episodes in there (I hate Aliens of London and World War Three) but some of the others are great. You also get to see a pretty familiar face that is involved with a pretty familiar rift in The Unquiet Dead...

He then shows up for 3 episodes in the 3rd season and a couple more in the 4th. really though, I would try to watch them all. I recently went back and started watching the series again from the start of the 2005 series and am the first to admit, those early episodes are not the best but they do set up a fair amount of the story for Rose who is a major part of the first few seasons. Once Jack shows up, the rest of the first season is great and then it switches to the 10th Doctor played by David Tennant and its all good from then on out I think.

in series 1 jack is in it from episode 9-13. oh yeh hes also in the 2nd episode of the first series...but you really won't recognise him...hes kind of umm "evolved" then and uses a different name.

Hmm I never got into Torchwood... but how do they explain Jack's "condition" in Torchwood, or do they?

in series 1 jack is in it from episode 9-13. oh yeh hes also in the 2nd episode of the first series...but you really won't recognise him...hes kind of umm "evolved" then and uses a different name.
    haha, ok yeah I get what you are saying now. I was wondering why you included series 2. So yeah, I guess you could Technically say he is in the first 4 season/series but....

BTW was it ever really confirmed? I don't remember there ever being a definitive yes or no. It is strongly hinted at however.

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hmm I never got into Torchwood... but how do they explain Jack's "condition" in Torchwood, or do they?
    He just says that The Doctor called him stuck in time or a fixed point in time or something like that. They have pretty much tossed all connections to Doctor Who out the window by this point though. Esp. with the latest Torchwood series.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    BTW was it ever really confirmed? I don't remember there ever being a definitive yes or no. It is strongly hinted at however.
    No, they have said specifically that they will not ever confirm that because they like it out there being debated.

Also, if you are going that way with it Jack is also in the second episode of season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No, they have said specifically that they will not ever confirm that because they like it out there being debated.

Also, if you are going that way with it Jack is also in the second episode of season 1
    Heh yeah, thats what he said. I had totally forgotten about that as well until the first episode of the 2nd series and then it came back to me. heh. I wonder if they had planned that from the start or tossed that in for season 2.

Just finished watching Closing Time, the end bit was brilliant, can't wait for the next episode. I know the chances of him actually dying for real that day by the lake is very very... very slim but you can't help thinking "What if?..." Also, the Silence are such bastards, makes me want to change my avatar xD

Yeah he better not die, i'm still really expecting the fake doctor to die instead. Closing time was good, especially the ending!

this season seems really short compared to others
    Too cool for a signature

i didn't really like closing time either ....6 cybermen and a cybermat...not really on the scale of other episodes....

for example episode 12 of the past 5 series

series1- big brother, the weakest link, trinny + susannah and an entire fleet of daleks
    series 2- ghosts appearing all across the world, a giant portal to another world being opened up to let millions of cybermen in.
    series 3- the master captures the tardis, becomes pime minister, kills the president , unleashes an army of toclafane and takes over the world
    series 4- features all of the companions, rose comes back the doctor dies, an army of cybermen, a doomsday device that will destroy the universe, the earth has been moved across the universe to power the doomsday device.
    series 5- features all of the doctors enemies and the doctor gets locked in prison the tardis explodes and the universe ends.
    series 6- 6 cybermen and a cybermat attack a shopping centre they are defeated by love....

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this season seems really short compared to others
    Its not really. They just split it in half. What we are watching since Let's Kill Hitler has been the 2nd half of season 6. Thats why there was such a small time gap between Let's Kill Hitler and the episode before it. After the finale, we have to wait a whole year before season 7.

Closing Time; Excellent episode with a really awesome sendoff at the end between Craig and The Doctor (the river scene was good too but come on... Stetsons are cool!)

Wasn't there some episode where the doctor was cloned or something? I seem to remember something stupid like that..

Anyway, I like Matt Smith as the doctor, much better than tennant but a bit worse than ecclestone. If Matt Smith had the ecclestone writing staff/story lines it would probably be my favouritest run ever, but most of the matt smith episodes have been "meh" for me, though I did like the god complex one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    When the Doctor looks into his room, after opening door 11, he says: "who else?" (can't remember exact line, but i was in reference to a person)

So, this is interesting, as his greatest fear is not something, like an event, but someone. I wonder who it is.
    Most likely himself, possibly on his deathbed. It was already established last series that the single person who hates The Doctor the most is himself. It could also (although I can't imagine this to be the case) be The Valeyard, for those of you who ever watched the original series. But again, I doubt that.

i didn't really like closing time either ....6 cybermen and a cybermat...not really on the scale of other episodes....

for example episode 12 of the past 5 series

series1- big brother, the weakest link, trinny + susannah and an entire fleet of daleks
    series 2- ghosts appearing all across the world, a giant portal to another world being opened up to let millions of cybermen in.
    series 3- the master captures the tardis, becomes pime minister, kills the president , unleashes an army of toclafane and takes over the world
    series 4- features all of the companions, rose comes back the doctor dies, an army of cybermen, a doomsday device that will destroy the universe, the earth has been moved across the universe to power the doomsday device.
    series 5- features all of the doctors enemies and the doctor gets locked in prison the tardis explodes and the universe ends.
    series 6- 6 cybermen and a cybermat attack a shopping centre they are defeated by love....
    ... The series aren't done. Just because the final episode isn't a two-parted doesn't mean it will be in any way less of a massive event.

EDIT: As for Closing Time, I really liked it. It was nice to have an episode with a bit more focus on humour, but it also struck the balance brilliantly between the serious moments and the funny ones. The only disappointment was the resolution to the Cyberman problem, we've pretty much already seen the excact same solution already this series.
    Last edited by MushroomBomb; 2011-09-25 at 09:23 AM.

i really liked closing time. the scene where the doctor was reminising about his like with alfie in his arms was sweet. "i ruled the stage" was nice.

another good quote: "i have an app for that" xD

Not Mum - Not Mum - PEASENTS!. this had me in stichs while I just watch the show this morning I had to pause and have a good laugh.

I was really happy abou tthis epiosde after lthe last time I posted here about one episode beening way to predictable really looking forward to next weeks now I can see it being a 2 parter though :S

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    really looking forward to next weeks now I can see it being a 2 parter though :S
    The next episode is the finale, only just 1 episode, 13 episodes this season and Closing Time was the 12th.

I always like the 2 part episodes more, but I think this last episode should be pretty epic even if it is only 1 episode. The season finales are always awesome in Doctor Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    When the Doctor looks into his room, after opening door 11, he says: "who else?" (can't remember exact line, but i was in reference to a person)

So, this is interesting, as his greatest fear is not something, like an event, but someone. I wonder who it is.
    I looked back at that part just now to make sure: when he has the door open and while he is saying that, you can hear that repeating sound that the TARDIS makes when it is all red inside and shits gone down, like the paradox machine with the master episode with martha jones, and the episode where donna meets rose in an alternate reality.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail