Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I've missed the hats. They need a doctor with a regular hat.
    Matt Smith thought so too and was always haranguing Moffat to get him a hat. That lead to the fez. And then the Stetson. But Matt totally agreed with you EverythingNice, he wanted a hat as a regular part of his outfit.

10+ Year Old Account
    well that makes two of us, because I agree with Everything Nice as well :P. I'd say go a bit more classical though, maybe a Trilby or something like that .

ooohhh a TOP HAT!!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    well that makes two of us, because I agree with Everything Nice as well :P. I'd say go a bit more classical though, maybe a Trilby or something like that .

ooohhh a TOP HAT!!
    Stereotype English ahoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Stereotype English ahoy!
    that's why it'd be awesome, because he's scottish .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, his costume looks pretty settled:

Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Greg House / Hugh Laurie
    Omg he'd make an amazing doctor.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    And he did! As House. For years!
    and because of that I will never see him as anyone other than Greg House....

although if they got him in the 1st/2nd season of House it would be a different story.

I saw him in "Bits of Fry and Laurie" and "Blackadder" first. He'll always just be Stephen Fry's pet in my eyes.
    He will always be the Prince Regent and the dopey lieutenant in blackadder for me and a few funny sketches he did with Stephen Fry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    He will always be the Prince Regent and the dopey lieutenant in blackadder for me and a few funny sketches he did with Stephen Fry
    Same, I put him on alongside Benedict Cumberbatch on the "People want him for Who, but for the life of my I don't know why" list. If you want to see Sherlock or House, watch Sherlock or House, don't get that actor to play Doctor Who and then complain when you find it 'boring' because they either play it the same way or complain that it's not how you wanted it when they take it in a totally different direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same, I put him on alongside Benedict Cumberbatch on the "People want him for Who, but for the life of my I don't know why" list. If you want to see Sherlock or House, watch Sherlock or House, don't get that actor to play Doctor Who and then complain when you find it 'boring' because they either play it the same way or complain that it's not how you wanted it when they take it in a totally different direction.
    While I do think Cumberbatch would/could play a good doctor, he is just TOO sherlock to be the Doctor. But I do want a cross over for the lulz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    While I do think Cumberbatch would/could play a good doctor, he is just TOO sherlock to be the Doctor. But I do want a cross over for the lulz!
    that's exactly my point. He's too set in TV minds now as Sherlock, it wouldn't work trying to get him to be the Doctor, so you'd either have to have him play it just like the Doctor, in which case what's the point, you might as well just watch Sherlock Or have him play it totally differently, in which case people will complain that they wanted him to play it like he did Sherlock.

Now a crossover? That would be epic .

10+ Year Old Account
    that's exactly my point. He's too set in TV minds now as Sherlock, it wouldn't work trying to get him to be the Doctor, so you'd either have to have him play it just like the Doctor, in which case what's the point, you might as well just watch Sherlock Or have him play it totally differently, in which case people will complain that they wanted him to play it like he did Sherlock.

Now a crossover? That would be epic .
    The Doctor very rarely travels to meet fictional characters. When he does, it is usually a trap of The Master. As Sherlock Holmes never actually existed, and the one your talking about is a TV show so it doesn't even have the iconography of the original stories, a crossover would make no sense.

Not saying it won't happen, just saying you are more likely to see the Star Trek/Who crossover become a whole season of the show first.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The Doctor very rarely travels to meet fictional characters. When he does, it is usually a trap of The Master. As Sherlock Holmes never actually existed, and the one your talking about is a TV show so it doesn't even have the iconography of the original stories, a crossover would make no sense.

Not saying it won't happen, just saying you are more likely to see the Star Trek/Who crossover become a whole season of the show first.
    The TARDIS hits a wormhole in the Time Vortex that throws them into an alternate universe, one where the Time Lords never went to war, and never interferes with anything. oh, and Sherlock is real in this AU.

BOOM whole plot for an episode or two there. The Doctor dealing with the fact that Gallifrey is still around, and fighting with himself on if he really wants to go back to "His" universe.

Cumberbatch is rather wooden IMO. It works great for Holmes and was Ok as Khan but wouldn't work well for The Doctor IMO.

15+ Year Old Account

It is in a universe that has many aliens and different planets and your saying Sherlock is too out of the world for doctor who?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I dunno, his costume looks pretty settled:

Is this an official pic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Actually, the 1990s American Reboot they had planned on doing a few episodes that tied into TNG, also the episode 'A Matter of Time' was based on a preposed Star Trek Doctor Who cross over, which never happened.

Well except in Comic books.

Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    Is this an official pic?
    Deviant Art.
    http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/392449604

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god THAT didn't happen
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I'd be totally fine with Cumberbatch playing Doctor like Sherlock, his Sherlock is very Doctor-y anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    I'd be totally fine with Cumberbatch playing Doctor like Sherlock, his Sherlock is very Doctor-y anyways.
    Not really. He's a bit too dark and none-caring. He's the opposite of the Doctor in some points. But being the lead character in two big TV series? With him being so famous now and probably getting all kinds of roles? Not likely.