Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

By the way, Doctor Who Confidential for Closing Time was hilarious; Matt Smith and James Corden (Craig) are making their own little Doctor Who episode using their phone. I won't spoil but it is like the best thing ever.

As for the vision the Doctor received in his room, according to Confidential (really something you guys should invest in watching after the weekly eps) they expect fans to debate that question for years but it isn't something they are going to answer.

I have seen a few comments that the Cybermen in Closing Time were underwhelming. I propose that the episode was not supposed to focus on them; it is a typical episode in the new Who's where they let up on the stress a little bit before sinking into the finales. That said, the final confrontation with the Cybermen, The Doctors goodbye to the children - both were very emotionally charged scenes.

My only major complaint is that Matt and James have such excellent chemistry that it is almost a crime that they will likely not be seen together on Who again.

I don't think I get Confidential on BBC America! I remember watching it from the first season of Matt Smith because we rented the DvDs, but I haven't seen any of them since =(
    Retired wow player after 7 years.
    IT Technician by trade.

Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    btw the way matt smith stood the whole of the villians of the galaxy down in "the pandorica opens" was soo amazing. "So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little space ships with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you, and then, *and then*, do the smart thing! ... Let somebody else try first. "
    I think that might be my favorite line from any Doctor Who episode ever, it gave me chills and made me say "Fu** yeah!" aloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I don't think I get Confidential on BBC America! I remember watching it from the first season of Matt Smith because we rented the DvDs, but I haven't seen any of them since =(
    If it isn't available on BBC America I suggest just downloading it from someplace. In comparison to the ratings of the actual show, DWC has a fairly low viewing base so I guess I am not too shocked it doesn't come on BBCA.

the cloister bell rung when he opened the door which only rings when the tardis or the universe is in danger of going boom
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cloister_Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    the cloister bell rung when he opened the door which only rings when the tardis or the universe is in danger of going boom
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cloister_Bell
    Did it? I can't recall it happening in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Did it? I can't recall it happening in that episode.
    Oh it did, which is what lead me to my hypothesis that the master might return and take control of the TARDIS.
    Retired wow player after 7 years.
    IT Technician by trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Oh it did, which is what lead me to my hypothesis that the master might return and take control of the TARDIS.
    I'm thinking that hoping for The Master to pop back up in this series may be a little Master-fanboy to the max my friend.

the doctor and rose from another program...enough to traumatise anyone :S be careful contains 13+ content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r5aM...ture=fvwp&NR=1
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-09-28 at 11:31 AM.

[QUOTE=Frozenbeef;13417003]the doctor and rose from another program...enough to traumatise anyone :S be careful contains 13+ content

The funny thing is I watched Secret Diary of a call girl before I started watching Doctor Who, so it was especially funny!

Field Marshal
    Was discussing this at work today with a friend who has watched Dr Who for as long as I have (Tom Baker era)

Looking forward to seeing how The Doctor manages to avoid his rapidly approaching death.

Personally I'm hoping the ending is worth the build up and that Amy/Rory both die horribly, as I think Amy is the worst companion since the series relaunch.

Amy's scripts

1) Waaaaaaaaahhhhh I love Rory

or

2) Waaaaaaahhhhh I love The Doctor

Seriously it's getting old fast, please make sure the next companion can actually act and stop hiring actresses based on their looks.

Even though I'm from Karen Gillams hometown, I just can't stand her character.

My money is on River killing Rory as a twist.

omg I just had a mini freakout :S

I was 1/2 watching the entertainment news before Family Guy, and they had one of those scrolling news things at the bottom, and saw something about Doctor Who being dropped after this season :S

turns out it's just Confidential being dropped, and the main show will continue... still though, was a scary moment
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Radnips View Post
    I never thought about that...isn't there a scene where River seems excited to see Rory, and she says something like she never thought she'd see him again?

Doctor Who is a great TV Show.. I really like this show......

I loved this show as a kid, it's terrible now.

Christopher Ecclestone made a great doctor, David Tennant stayed a bit too long and the new one, I won't even bother learning his name he is that bad.

Peter Davison is still the best doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by Radnips View Post

Personally I'm hoping the ending is worth the build up and that Amy/Rory both die horribly, as I think Amy is the worst companion since the series relaunch.

Amy's scripts

1) Waaaaaaaaahhhhh I love Rory

or

2) Waaaaaaahhhhh I love The Doctor

Seriously it's getting old fast, please make sure the next companion can actually act and stop hiring actresses based on their looks.

Even though I'm from Karen Gillams hometown, I just can't stand her character.

The quality of scripts she is given might suck but as proved in the girl who waited her acting ability is no worse than any other companion ...

I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but.. I thought Rory was like a 2000 year old robot by now, or did they drop that odd little storyline completely? Some things just don't make sense when thinking about that. I guess I don't have to go into detail.
    (Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but.. I thought Rory was like a 2000 year old robot by now, or did they drop that odd little storyline completely? Some things just don't make sense when thinking about that. I guess I don't have to go into detail.
    He got turned back to normal when the Doctor rebooted the Universe at the end of Season 5 I think, anyway, Confidential is being cancelled Shame really, I enjoyed watching that

I'm English and have watched since David Tennant.

I LOVE matt smith, as in seriously in love with him. And I think he is fantastic, as is Amy.

But if I'm honest, the writing is not up to the standard it was when Tennant was the doctor. He had longer and more epic storylines. I think they changed writer and the new one kinda sucks.