Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

  1. #3201
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,097
    two pictures i thought were funny :P



  2. #3202
    Offical poster for the 50th :



    It will last 75 minutes.
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseric
    Can't help it. Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale. There is no win. There is only slow degradation.

  3. #3203
    Billie Piper? Oh noes!


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  4. #3204
    It has been known for a while
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseric
    Can't help it. Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale. There is no win. There is only slow degradation.

  5. #3205
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Billie Piper? Oh noes!
    I would do nasty things to that woman... lol

  6. #3206
    Reg should we lock you up now or later?

    Love the poster. They he put in "Bad Wolf" and love the way the Daleks are destroyed. Not that I have looked into but I thought there would be more "past" doctors appearing in this since it's the 50th anniversary.

  7. #3207
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Reg should we lock you up now or later?

    Love the poster. They he put in "Bad Wolf" and love the way the Daleks are destroyed. Not that I have looked into but I thought there would be more "past" doctors appearing in this since it's the 50th anniversary.
    Eccelson doesn't want to have any part of DW anymore. Not sure why they're not using McGann, the rest of the older ones who are still alive are probably not being used because there's been such a large gap between now and when they were the Doctor that they no longer look like the Doctor that they played.

  8. #3208
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Reg should we lock you up now or later?

    Love the poster. They he put in "Bad Wolf" and love the way the Daleks are destroyed. Not that I have looked into but I thought there would be more "past" doctors appearing in this since it's the 50th anniversary.
    Definitely later. I want to do said nasty things lol

  9. #3209
    Well mostly there will be no older doctors in it but in a way they might all be in it just like in the name of the doctor with cgi where they might just make david walk into the second doctors tardis something along those lines will probably happen

  10. #3210
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Eccelson doesn't want to have any part of DW anymore. Not sure why they're not using McGann, the rest of the older ones who are still alive are probably not being used because there's been such a large gap between now and when they were the Doctor that they no longer look like the Doctor that they played.
    Eccleston did say he'd take part if the episode was done by a specific director but I think that was too lately mentioned. I was surprised that McGann was excluded, that just seems mean to me. He was open to doing it, he had put together a BBC-approved (and now official) 8th Doctor outfit about a year or so ago, and to just take the story away from him doesn't sit well with me at all.

    As for older Doctors, Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy still absolutely look the part. McCoy hardly looks much different now than in his last appearance (alongside McGann) and Davison reprised the role with great success in the Time Crash short. I think Davison being older now would make for an even deeper portrayal of the character.

    Loving, absolutely loving, Hurt's outfit in that picture however! Remnants of the 8th's waistcoat and ascot underneath the leather coat and heavy boots that 9 showed up in.
    Last edited by Shockeye; 2013-09-11 at 05:01 PM.

  11. #3211
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I really liked that too, but the way he saved everyone in Waters was disappointing and far-fetched
    Am I just completely misremembering Waters? I could have sworn by the time that episode ended he had saved no one.

  12. #3212
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Am I just completely misremembering Waters? I could have sworn by the time that episode ended he had saved no one.
    He saved like 3 people iirc, and then commander topped herself in her home. 2 others told the media their tale of the events -as the only survivors.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  13. #3213
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Am I just completely misremembering Waters? I could have sworn by the time that episode ended he had saved no one.
    You are correct for the most part. The timeline corrected itself even though he went all "Victorious!" and broke the rules his people created.

  14. #3214
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Am I just completely misremembering Waters? I could have sworn by the time that episode ended he had saved no one.
    Mia and Yuri survive. He saves Adelaide from Mars but can't save her from herself.

  15. #3215
    Oh, I totally forgot about Mia and Yuri ><

  16. #3216
    The thing is, they had to do the whole "the Doctor saves everyone!" theme but of course realised that they can't really do that so some adjusting had to be made, in essence giving the episode two endings. It was a great episode but the ending lacked courage or decisiveness is what I'm getting at.

    Fundamentally it highlighted the fact that all the "rules" the show has made around time travel, rules which are by necessity extraordinarily thin, are there to be disregarded when the narrative demands they be so ignored. It's not at all new to the show by any means, but is always disappointing.

    Other than that, Waters was a tonne of fun and I really enjoyed it. I am always happy to see Lindsay Duncan in a show as well, she's a phenomenal actress and her and the Doctor made for a great dynamic.

  17. #3217
    They didn't break any of the "rules" that has been made around time travel. They've said that anything can be changed except for fixed points in time. If you try to change a fixed point you get the end of Season 6 when time goes bonkers.

  18. #3218
    The destruction of the Mars base was a fixed point in time, which is why I said the rules were broken or at least bent to accommodate the Doctor being victorious but time reinforcing itself, sort of.

  19. #3219
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The destruction of the Mars base was a fixed point in time, which is why I said the rules were broken or at least bent to accommodate the Doctor being victorious but time reinforcing itself, sort of.
    It was destroyed, and the Commander died. Those were fixed points and they didn't change.

  20. #3220
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It was destroyed, and the Commander died. Those were fixed points and they didn't change.
    It would have if she did not kill herself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •