Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

  1. #621
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,498
    Apepi if you like Dr Who there's plenty of other british drama along the same lines thats just as good I would recommend Misfits or Being Human, but are EXCELLENT.

    As for the regen thing being outdated... Excellent , good to know we have plenty of Dr Whoey goodness to come.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  2. #622
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I love Dr. Who, I love how he struggles with morality. A great example of this is The Waters of Mars. I normally do not watch tv, But Dr. Who is one of my exceptions. Good job Britains, you really did some good work on this series.
    I love it when he just snaps and shows no mercy. The Family of Blood for example, just snapped and locked them all up for eternity.

  3. #623
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I love it when he just snaps and shows no mercy. The Family of Blood for example, just snapped and locked them all up for eternity.
    Family of Blood was one of the best EPs to date

  4. #624
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Apepi if you like Dr Who there's plenty of other british drama along the same lines thats just as good I would recommend Misfits or Being Human, but are EXCELLENT.

    As for the regen thing being outdated... Excellent , good to know we have plenty of Dr Whoey goodness to come.
    Thanks, ill take a look at them. I also have watched IT Crowd and that is very good( though it might just be because I fix computers...)
    Boom Town is also a good episode, does he give her to her people and kill her?Let her go?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  5. #625
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,205
    Apepi you should check out torchwood, basically like Dr who, i originally didn't like Dr who, then found out about torchwood and loved it, then from that i watched dr who and loved that xD

    Also i hope in this new season we see some old people, like Martha/Donna/Donnas grandad.

  6. #626
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,302
    Martha/Donna and her grandfather are gone.
    That's why they had the whole big bye to them in Tennant's finale.


    I'm just going through from Doctor 8 - 11, and I'm at 'Victory to the Daleks' episode 3 of the 11th doctor.
    In Asylum of the Dalek's the Dalek's say they can't kill each other, but bam in Victory the three that recreated the Dalek's are shot by the others.

    They need to stop making so many loopholes.
    It's like Moffat and the other writers don't watch each others episodes or read their scripts. They just do their own thing.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  7. #627
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Apepi you should check out torchwood, basically like Dr who, i originally didn't like Dr who, then found out about torchwood and loved it, then from that i watched dr who and loved that xD

    Also i hope in this new season we see some old people, like Martha/Donna/Donnas grandad.
    I watched some of torchwood, but idk. I did not enjoy it that much. Just certain aspects of it threw me off, like they used retcon pills to make people forget about them, it just seems like an easy way out.

    Gallahadd , when you mention Being human, I guess you are talking about the uk version Us seems to have a version of their own.

    Why does uk use series instead of season?It seems the old dr. who ones were called seasons?

    And Kuth, in Asylum of the Dalek, the Daleks talk about how they think hate is beautiful. But they send the deviant(not the norm) Daleks that showed such hatred end up being pure enough. It depends on what you would think would be not the norm. I'm thinking maybe there hatred was to much? The dalaks have been known to enslave some life(till not needed) and maybe there insane ones tried to kill them even though the others wanted to use them?Maybe they where just destroying planets without using it's resources? Maybe mutations of the daleks?

    As for Victory to the Daleks, the darelks were willing to die. they had to cheep changing their own dna(?) code so they could use the Progenitor. And even then, they had to get dr. who's recognition that they where daleks to get ti to work. So after they recreated better(non-dna changed) daleks the old ones thought less of themselves and accepted death. maybe they knew they would be sent to the asylum and thought death was better? So really i do not feel like it was a loophole.
    Last edited by apepi; 2012-09-08 at 07:49 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Why does uk use series instead of season?It seems the old dr. who ones were called seasons?
    Series means the same its just British vs American terminology really. I've always referred to Dr Who as series and in fact most things are series in my mind. Nothing wrong with season either mind.

  9. #629
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,498
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Gallahadd , when you mention Being human, I guess you are talking about the uk version Us seems to have a version of their own.

    Why does uk use series instead of season?It seems the old dr. who ones were called seasons?
    Yes sorry, as I posted I thought 'Urg, they have a US version of Being Human, I probably should specify UK' but then I got distracted by something shiny and forgot to edit, I've not seen the US version but I've heard alot of very bad things about it. 100% check out the UK version it's epic (even if the latest season is a bit... myeh)

    As for Series Vs Season, I've got to be honest even as a brit I dont know.... It does confuse me when people use Series for Season, but maybe that's just me... It also REALLY annoys me when people correct me for saying 'Season' as it just makes more sense (to me at least) to have different words so you can differentiate between the series as a whole, and the individual sections, or seasons .
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  10. #630
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yes sorry, as I posted I thought 'Urg, they have a US version of Being Human, I probably should specify UK' but then I got distracted by something shiny and forgot to edit, I've not seen the US version but I've heard alot of very bad things about it. 100% check out the UK version it's epic (even if the latest season is a bit... myeh)

    As for Series Vs Season, I've got to be honest even as a brit I dont know.... It does confuse me when people use Series for Season, but maybe that's just me... It also REALLY annoys me when people correct me for saying 'Season' as it just makes more sense (to me at least) to have different words so you can differentiate between the series as a whole, and the individual sections, or seasons .
    I always thought series was used for more the just collective tv show(all the seasons together). But then I rwead about how many things were series instead of seasons and it got me confused.....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  11. #631
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,247
    Why is episode 2 not available on iplayer? Didn't that show tonight?
    Too cool for a signature

  12. #632
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Why is episode 2 not available on iplayer? Didn't that show tonight?
    It should be there. I watched it off iPlayer straight after it was on TV (missed the very start).

    Here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n_a_Spaceship/

  13. #633
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    It should be there. I watched it off iPlayer straight after it was on TV (missed the very start).

    Here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n_a_Spaceship/

    Hm, the link is taking me to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/

    Prim using a mobile device, might that be why? Though I watched last weeks episode on here... If I search in NBC iplayer for it, it just returns last weeks episode
    Too cool for a signature

  14. #634
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Why is episode 2 not available on iplayer? Didn't that show tonight?
    It should be on there already. I watched it late but I set it to record cos I was busy at the time.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  15. #635
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,205
    Episode was nothing special imo, i really don't like saying this about Doctor who but i actually got quite bored :/ Was pretty good having David Mitchell and Robert Webb in it though ;D

  16. #636
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Hm, the link is taking me to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/

    Prim using a mobile device, might that be why? Though I watched last weeks episode on here... If I search in NBC iplayer for it, it just returns last weeks episode
    It's only available in iPlayer HD. Could that be your problem?

  17. #637
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    It should be on there already. I watched it late but I set it to record cos I was busy at the time.


    Yeah, read my post above, I see it's on there now, google also tells me it's on there, but when I click the link to go to it it takes me to a different page, and if is each for doctor who on the iplayer, it only finds last weeks episode. I'm using mobile device, but that shouldn't be a problem, I watched last weeks episode last week with no problems.
    Too cool for a signature

  18. #638
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,603
    That episode was alot more humourous than usual, especially with Mitchell and Webb playing the robots.

  19. #639
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    It's only available in iPlayer HD. Could that be your problem?
    Hd should still be available, but I just found this link on the website


    http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...mes_on_devices


    Maybe that's why I can't see it? any other website I am able to watch it on?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 11:01 PM ----------

    Has anyone else been able to see it on mobile/tablet?
    Too cool for a signature

  20. #640
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,498
    As usual this post will be discussing the episode, so please skip if you haven't watched it yet as there WILL be bad language, partial nudity, scenes of drug use and SPOILERS throughout.
    *sopranos intro music plays*


    Not a BAD episode, per se... Just not that GOOD an episode either.

    Amy looked SMOKIN hot, but when doesn't she?

    Nefertiti was pretty fine to she can be my queen anyday... Although her ending up with great white hunter was a LITTLE predictable.

    Rory and his dad were both hilarious "Dr: Do you have any plant life in your pockets? Dad: Only my balls! Rory: *facepalm*" brilliant little close to the bone for BBC1 at dinner time... but I'll let it pass .

    Mitchel and Webb were awesome as the retard-o-bots and Filch was a surprisingly epic bad guy, good to see the Doctors 'dark side' a little with that ending, if ANYONE deserved to get nuked it was Solomon.

    I don't like this writer, not sure what it is, but his style just.... doesn't sit with me, at this point I'd love to say 'at least this was his only episode' but he has one more this season so, yeah....

    Also... was it just me, or does the Doctor know something bad is going to happen to the ponds? At the end when they're all looking down at earth and he's standing behind them he gives Amy a very strange look.... kinda hard to read what it's meant to be... but it's NOT a happy look, that much is certain. Now it could just be a 'I need to stop taking these guys off on adventures and nearly getting them killed' look.... But somehow I don't think so...
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •