Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    capaldi is not drastically different then smith.

theres nothing majorly different about capaldi, he just shows his more abrasive side more often something all the doctors did
    I disagree - I think he's completely different.

For a female Doctor I'd like someone like Cobie Smulders. I know she's American so that won't happen, but someone like that - who can portray both that amiable side and show a lot of authority when she needs to.

I think you have to be careful casting a female Doctor because the actor / actress playing the role has to sell us on being a mechanic. The Doctor has to always be mechanically-inclined because he's always fixing the TARDIS, cobbling together some crazy device in a machine shop to detect something, or fiddling with the controls of alien tech. To an extreme, he can even be a car enthusiast. (3rd doctor). She has to be a bit of a grease monkey.

An example of an actress who I think could pull it off is Allison Scagliotti, who played Claudia on Warehouse 13.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allison_Scagliotti

Part 1 of the finale was eerily dark for Doctor Who, although this entire season has contained a relatively dark horror-movie vibe. The presence of UNIT and the Cybermen in the trailer for Part 2 make me think today's episode will be less dark and more action-oriented. I'm looking forward to more interaction between the Doctor & the Master; in their short time together in Part 1, the two actors really connected well with their chemistry / performances.

My main theorizing for Part 2 is trying to figure out the identity of Seb. We've only seen his consciousness inside the Matrix... does that mean he's dead? Is this a dead character returning from the grave? In the preview clip, Seb explains that the Matrix is a concept "we" came up with playing a game of spitball, which makes me think he might be a Time Lord. It's Time Lord technology, after all, so Seb could very well be someone from Gallifrey.

Also very interested to see the graveyard scene. The set spoilery images showed the headstones for Clara, Amy & Rory. Are we going to get creepy zombie versions of these characters resurrected as Cybermen? Are they also inside the Matrix? Are we going to see a cyber army of all the Claras who died after being split through the Doctor's timestream.?Then again, the Master may have been the only big reveal and this finale may very well just be a battle between UNIT and the Cybermen. I'm more excited for this episode than any other this season, either way!

10+ Year Old Account
    My main theorizing for Part 2 is trying to figure out the identity of Seb. We've only seen his consciousness inside the Matrix... does that mean he's dead? Is this a dead character returning from the grave? In the preview clip, Seb explains that the Matrix is a concept "we" came up with playing a game of spitball, which makes me think he might be a Time Lord. It's Time Lord technology, after all, so Seb could very well be someone from Gallifrey.
    maybe he is the ui, kind of like badwolf was in day of the doctor?

Also very interested to see the graveyard scene. The set spoilery images showed the headstones for Clara, Amy & Rory. Are we going to get creepy zombie versions of these characters resurrected as Cybermen? Are they also inside the Matrix? Are we going to see a cyber army of all the Claras who died after being split through the Doctor's timestream.?Then again, the Master may have been the only big reveal and this finale may very well just be a battle between UNIT and the Cybermen. I'm more excited for this episode than any other this season, either way!
    So much potential but i'm kinda guessing it's going to be wasted

bbc u sooo cleverzs

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Wow, these Missy puns are terrible. I like that

10+ Year Old Account
    she killed the doctor who fan

Also on clara....YOU B______D! She was sooo close to leaving forever then father christmas turned up! QQ Bah need to clam down, i hate father christmas now :*(
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-11-08 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    *snip*
    You know, I thought I'd taken into account the change in schedule for this week, and also taken into account that Daylight Savings Time was over in the USA, but apparently I still miscalculated when it was no longer safe to be reading this thread, so massive spoilers, yay. Still, it wouldn't have killed you to put a spoiler tag around that bit for a few hours, would it?

Deleted
    she killed the doctor who fan

Also on clara....YOU B______D! She was sooo close to leaving forever then father christmas turned up! QQ Bah need to clam down, i hate father christmas now :*(
    Ugh I'd forgotten Clara was back for Christmas. Please leave and never come back Clara.

Not sure how I feel about this episode. The climax was weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    You know, I thought I'd taken into account the change in schedule for this week, and also taken into account that Daylight Savings Time was over in the USA, but apparently I still miscalculated when it was no longer safe to be reading this thread, so massive spoilers, yay. Still, it wouldn't have killed you to put a spoiler tag around that bit for a few hours, would it?
    Yes, l2p you noob, no spoilers for already released stuff as it's not spoilers!

Yes, l2p you noob, no spoilers for already released stuff as it's not spoilers!
    Nice to know you're at least sorrowful of your mistake. Apology graciously accepted!

Deleted
    So..

- Osgood, noooooooo
    - Michelle Gomez is brilliant
    - BRIGADIER !!
    - Danny : (
    - And the last seconds, fantastic

Best episode in the season for me.
    Last edited by mmoc586e3b8dfe; 2014-11-08 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Fucking smileys in spoiler tags...

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg what a terrible finalé...

Let's do a run down shall we?

Army of Cybermen: Check!
    Peter Capaldi on epic form as the Doctor: Check!
    Michelle Gomez on legendary form as The Master: CHECK!
    Jenna Coleman on bland form as Clara: Check...

so what did we get from the episode? About 30 seconds of the Master, a couple of, to be fair, pretty fucking epic speechs from The Doctor... And then like 50 mins of the Clara show...

Gods I hope she does in the Christmas special...

Honestly the only bit of the episode that had me genuinly interested/excited was...

The Doctor's reaction when he saw Galifrey... WTF did he see? Hopefully we'll find out next season.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Well, that was a pretty decent episode. I expected to be disappointed a little, and I was. But still a good ending. The Brigadier showing up as an undead Cyberman was unexpected and a little creepy, especially because the actor that played that character is actually dead in real life. I thought Amy & Rory might show up as Cyber-people, or all the Claras that have lived and died, but alas that would be too awesome. Brigadier shooting the Master was definitely a surprise because there's no way the Doctor would have killed the Master... I'm very annoyed that the Master has "died" yet again... bleh. I was going to say maybe the Doctor teleported her using the handheld vaporizer but nope the Brigadier shot the Master instead.

The soldier leading the Cybermen to suicide at the end was a good story even if it felt a bit forced. The Doctor lying about finding Gallifrey is soooo "Doctor" of him; he's abandoning Clara under the pretense that Gallifrey has returned (even though it hasn't, the Master lied) instead of letting her leave him. Is Clara going to be in the Christmas Special? I don't see why she would. Santa Claus showing up at the end was just really stupid but he made it seem like the Master was still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ending of the episode tonight was pretty poor imo Really the Master just goes up in smoke like that, also why no show Gallifrey?!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    The ending of the episode tonight was pretty poor imo Really the Master just goes up in smoke like that, also why no show Gallifrey?!

Because Gallifrey was probably destroyed

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think gallfrey was there, think he just saw empty space ie. Missy-Master lied >.<

Deleted
    I don't think gallfrey was there, think he just saw empty space ie. Missy-Master lied >.<
    Didn't the doctor say 'She wasn't lying for the first time'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagion View Post
    Because Gallifrey was probably destroyed
    So the 50th anniv. episode meant NOTHING for Gallifrey? Like, nothing at all?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    That's probably the thing, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagion View Post
    Didn't the doctor say 'She wasn't lying for the first time'?
    Rule #1 : The Doctor lies