Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Lego Ideas approved Doctor Who themed lego set:
    https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/26
    And is now scheduled to become an actual, official set later this year

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/59181

2nd Project is Lego WALL-E
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2015-02-05 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

oh wow really? thats great! lego sure did take their sweet time, i think this is the third or so doctor who lego thingy theyve tried to get made. i think last year it lost to some ninja turtle thing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Please let Tennant win. The other three lego characters look horrible at best.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Tennant will win, he's the best
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Please let Tennant win. The other three lego characters look horrible at best.
    Considering that Doctor Who official Facebook page submited the pic with Capaldi's eyes (the first in my post), I'm gonna assume we'd get his version.
    Also the above pics of the set are what was submited to Lego Ideas, those are not the final designs. And I'm guessing BBC will work with them to make sure minifigs look good enough (there is a reason why they had to delay the decision on making this set)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

plus it only makes sense for the main set to advertise the current doctor. sure we still get merch for the older doctors from time to time but its usually bonus stuff or complimentary to the current doctors stuff
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    plus it only makes sense for the main set to advertise the current doctor. sure we still get merch for the older doctors from time to time but its usually bonus stuff or complimentary to the current doctors stuff
    Nope, the current doctor lego looks horrible and should not seen anywhere.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this will make it clearer for people who can't read

Oh, hi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I think this will make it clearer for people who can't read
    LALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!!

I can't hear you!

is it just me or does this look like a slightly new sonic?

10+ Year Old Account
    It does. Looks a bit more... streamlined than his current one, a bit more pared back.

Now the big question, is that a new sonic, or does the artist just suck .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

maybe its just me but it feels like theyve gotten alot better at keeping things secret. so far all weve got this series is "capaldi seen fliming" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe its just me but it feels like theyve gotten alot better at keeping things secret. so far all weve got this series is "capaldi seen fliming" :P
    Or maybe... They were ALWAYS this good at keeping secrets, but leaked the other stuff just to get people interested, now they've got something big under wraps and want to keep it secret so they are...

- - - Updated - - -

"Big Finish have announced that Kate Stewart and her UNIT team from the Doctor Who TV series will be starring in a brand new series of audio dramas, in a licensing deal with BBC Worldwide.

More from Big Finish:

Kate is the daughter of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and Head of Scientific Research at the Unified Intelligence Taskforce, which investigates and confronts alien attacks on the planet Earth. The role is portrayed by Jemma Redgrave (Dracula, Frankie, Cold Blood) who has appeared opposite Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi on television, and returns for the audio series.

“We’re thrilled that Jemma is on board for our brand new UNIT adventures,” says series producer David Richardson, “and we feel privileged to work within the universe of New Series Doctor Who for the first time. UNIT: Extinction will showcase all the excitement, drama and wit that viewers of Doctor Who love.”

“Having worked with the greatly missed Nicholas Courtney and his magnificent portrayal of the Brigadier since the early days of Big Finish, it is wonderful to see the return of UNIT under the Brig’s daughter,” says executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery. “We are all very excited about bringing UNIT back to Big Finish with the next generation and look forward immensely to working with Jemma again, who appears in this month’s Doctor Who main range release Doctor Who – Mistfall.”

“I’m really excited to hear Jemma and her team battling to save the Earth,” says executive producer Nick Briggs. “They’ve been such an important part of the many exciting things to come out of the Doctor Who TV series in recent years.”

Additional cast members for the first box set, UNIT: Extinction, will be revealed later. This first box set release comprises four hours of adventure, in which Kate and her team confront an alien invasion by the Nestene Consciousness and its army of plastic Autons.

UNIT: Extinction will be released in November 2015, and is available for specially-priced pre-order, with all pre-orders getting a copy of Nicholas Courtney’s memoirs A Soldier in Time as a free download as Supplementary content in Big Finish accounts.

Three additional box sets will be available at six monthly intervals, with all four available for a Bundled pre-order. For many more details, watch this space in coming months."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/kate-stewart-returns-in-unit-extinction-71702.htm

previously the bbc wouldnt give big finnish the rights to new who, could this mean we could get audio adventures for 10 and 11 soon? (i doubt eccelston would return)

- - - Updated - - -

this was on sesame street

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't been keeping up with the latest news but... has there been any news concerning finishing/wrapping up River Song's plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Haven't been keeping up with the latest news but... has there been any news concerning finishing/wrapping up River Song's plot?
    they already did that

Deleted
    they already did that
    They really didn't. There's loads of loose ends with her. Hell, in her last appearance they even set up another mystery about how she was able to contact Clara via the Library. I know Moffat says that it's over with her, and I won't exactly miss her. But it was really poorly written.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They really didn't. There's loads of loose ends with her. Hell, in her last appearance they even set up another mystery about how she was able to contact Clara via the Library. I know Moffat says that it's over with her, and I won't exactly miss her. But it was really poorly written.
    I miss River :'(
    Oh, hi.

they already did that
    They didn't show the last meeting River has with the doctor. The one in which he gives her the sonic screwdriver.