Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay ALL THE MONEY to have either Osgood or Maisie Williams as the next companion.

Then get Niel Gaiman to be show runner and it'd be the best show ever.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would pay ALL THE MONEY to have either Osgood or Maisie Williams as the next companion.

Then get Niel Gaiman to be show runner and it'd be the best show ever.
    Well, if he ends up being the front runner, according to American Gods, the Doctor would do nothing while everything happens around him besides him doing some speaks....Wait are we sure he did not write any of last season's episodes?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well, if he ends up being the front runner, according to American Gods, the Doctor would do nothing while everything happens around him besides him doing some speaks....Wait are we sure he did not write any of last season's episodes?
    hes only wrote the doctors wife and nightmare in silver. i think hes doing one this series though
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL you really need to read Neverwhere or Sandman dude , it's like judging Tolkien after having read Children of Hurin or something

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    LoL you really need to read Neverwhere or Sandman dude , it's like judging Tolkien after having read Children of Hurin or something
    Hey hey hey, I take with what I know, though I did like that one episode he wrote. But I swear, while that is not the worst book that I have read, not was by far the most boring. The thing is, he like teased you that something might happen, but the main character never did anything. He never did anything to physically change the outcome of the story. If this character was not here, the story would not change much.

But I am starting to read the Way of King by Brandon Sanderson, it is pretty good.

I really need a Doctor right now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    YEEEESSS OSGOOD IS BACK ! And Zygons too.
    I REALLY hope the new series doesn't rip off Big Finish once again and make it not actually Osgood, but the Zygon Osgood duplicate from the 50th Anniversary episode simply taking her place in the human world. >_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    OSGOOD FOR NEXT COMPANION @_@

even if its zygon osgood i want her to stay. ZYGON FOR NEXT COMPANION
    That would be too osgood to be true o.o

Zygonna love this.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I am starting to read the Way of King by Brandon Sanderson, it is pretty good.
    Good choice! I found Way of King's a LITTLE hard to get through, but Words of Radience the next one I burned through in about a week

On topic, really hope Osgood is a Zygon, but is... Brainwashed or something, so she's on UNIT's side, then becomes a companion.

How cool would it be? Most of the time she'd look like Osgood, but every so often, for Plot or Joke purposes she could shapechange into someone else. THEN if shit really hits the fan, she unleashes her real Zygon form and murders people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good choice! I found Way of King's a LITTLE hard to get through, but Words of Radience the next one I burned through in about a week

On topic, really hope Osgood is a Zygon, but is... Brainwashed or something, so she's on UNIT's side, then becomes a companion.

How cool would it be? Most of the time she'd look like Osgood, but every so often, for Plot or Joke purposes she could shapechange into someone else. THEN if shit really hits the fan, she unleashes her real Zygon form and murders people.
    Yeah, at the start it starts out strong now it has bot much action, kinda slow. It seems to jump around a lot.

As for Osgood....I am not so sure. I think she is one of those characters where we think that we like her, but once we get a lot of her we will get tired of her.

Honestly, I am willing anyone over Clara right now. Bitch needs to die.

Deleted
    Moffat can't commit to killing characters off it seems.

My thinking is either Missy uses her to try and get the Doctor to do something or to taunt him or she got switched with a Zygon in the The Day of The Doctor and the Zygon was the one that got killed.

isnt that how they solved the 50th? made all the zygons and all the people not know which is which so they would both stop arguing?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Osgood....I am not so sure. I think she is one of those characters where we think that we like her, but once we get a lot of her we will get tired of her.
    Kinda like Clara , when she was Souffle girl she seemed like a great character, now I'm just waiting for her to go away.

isnt that how they solved the 50th? made all the zygons and all the people not know which is which so they would both stop arguing?
    I think so yeah, what's why I'm thinking they could go along that route, they've already kinda laid the groundwork to set it up.

Kinda like Clara , when she was Souffle girl she seemed like a great character, now I'm just waiting for her to go away.
    I was saying that when they first introduced her as that awesome Victorian undercover girl. People were praising her as a great companion and I said "But... she's dead. We don't know what the "normal/Real" clara really is?" - lo and behold we get this implausably perfect boring cardboard cutout of a character.

I was done with her after last season, and in the Xmass episode (God I hate it when they do multiple "Endings that turn out not to be the real ending" for characters >_<)... I'm still trying to figure out why they had her constantly going back n' forth from her job to adventures back to a job... that's.... why bother? Friggin 50 years of companions never had to do that... and the closest that happened was durring the 3rd Doctor era. At least he had an excuse of having the TARDIS first locked to earth, then set on a virtual "tether" later.

i dont see how i could ever get tired of a character who is a pseudo version of me, im pretty narcissistic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL well I'm sure that works for you dude, but the rest of us find her a little lacking

I'm still laughing at Faye Marsay's last scene in the Xmas special being a list of things to do, then at the bottom "Game of Thrones?" and what do we see her on next? Game of Thrones!

i meant osgood not clara :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i meant osgood not clara :P
    Oooooooooooh... Okay then, I was wondering why you'd willing admit you were just like Clara, or rather that she is like you...

osgood is the fangirl inside us all

Osgood needs to stay dead. I get it. She was funny once, but I see her becoming more unneeded fanservice than anything else.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

osgood is both a beloved character AND a chance at an alien companion who doesnt make the bbc rip their hair out over the budget.. well more than usual