Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Susan is the Doctor's granddaughter right?
    yes, shes the one who stole the tardis with him when they ran away from gallifrey and was basically the first companion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be AWESOME if she came back as the companion for a season, I'd freaking LOVE that.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Would be AWESOME if she came back as the companion for a season, I'd freaking LOVE that.
    There'd be lots of really interesting stuff to do with her back in the series yes. Having her point of view on how he changed during all that time mostly (and maybe the other way round too, depending on what happened for her).
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    plus that way there's ZERO chance of Moffat putting in any stupid romance plot! YAY!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

plus that way there's ZERO chance of Moffat putting in any stupid romance plot! YAY!
    i dont know... moffat is a fan of game of thrones...

:P
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know... moffat is a fan of game of thrones...

Oh god don't give him any ideas, he probably would pull something like that... "Hey, I've regenerated, I'm not the same person this is totally fine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    There'd be lots of really interesting stuff to do with her back in the series yes. Having her point of view on how he changed during all that time mostly (and maybe the other way round too, depending on what happened for her).
    If she came back, I wonder where it would be in her timeline. Plus he's gone through an entire cycle of regenerations, and she's still on her first? I wonder if they'd bring her back only to regenerate her... into yet another Clara! *aiee!*

"Big Finish have revealed who will be joining Kate Stewart in audio spin-off, UNIT: The New Series.

First, Ingrid Oliver will once again reprise her role as Osgood.

“We’re so happy to have Kate and Osgood joining us at Big Finish,” says producer David Richardson. “This team has been so captivating to watch on TV, and we’re looking forward to throwing some deadly challenged in their paths in these kinetic new episodes.”

Also confirmed is a new character Lieutenant Sam Bishop, an international trouble-shooter for UNIT who is sent the world’s most dangerous hotspot. Playing this action role is Warren Brown, whose many leading TV roles include the BBC dramas Luther, By Any Means and Good Cop. Warren can soon be seen in the feature film Captain Webb, and a new drama series X Company.

“We’ve worked with Warren several times before,” says David, “and even though he’s one of the busiest leading men around, he’s said he’ll be there for Big Finish. So we’ve created a principle role in UNIT especially for him, and he’ll be am essential member of the global team.”

The ensemble is also enhanced with the casting of Ramon Tikaram as Colonel Shindi. Ramon is well known for many recent TV series including Stella, Fortitude, Game of Thrones and Happy Valley, and films including Jupiter Ascending and Dragonfly.

“Ramon also is busy on so many great things, but we’ve tempted him to the ranks of UNIT! He’s a lovely man to have around, and an extraordinary actor.”

Finally, the role of loose cannon UNIT officer Captain Josh Carter is plated by James Joyce, who has appeared in many Big Finish productions including Charlotte Pollard, as well as TV shows such as Downton Abbey, The Musketeers and Holby City.

“James has done so much brilliant audio work for us, he’s earned his place in UNIT!” says David.

In UNIT: Extinction, Kate and her team confront an alien invasion by the Nestene Consciousness and its army of plastic Autons. The box set is release in November 2015 and is available for pre-order; three further UNIT releases will then follow as six monthly intervals"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/kate-st...ries-74108.htm

15+ Year Old Account
    In UNIT: Extinction, Kate and her team confront an alien invasion by the Nestene Consciousness and its army of plastic Autons. The box set is release in November 2015 and is available for pre-order; three further UNIT releases will then follow as six monthly intervals"
    Heh, I mixed the letters while reading this, read something about the Nestene Consciousness and its army of autistic... what?

^most useful comment in thread.
    Oh, hi.

if susan comes back, would they still have her trip and sprain her ankle as a means for the bad guys to catch up and capture them

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    if susan comes back, would they still have her trip and sprain her ankle as a means for the bad guys to catch up and capture them
    I think she'd break her hip at this point.

"The Mirror are claiming yet another Doctor Who scoop, this time with details on one of Series 9’s new monsters.

Although this is still a rumour spoilerphobes proceed at your own risk.

They state:

Doctor Who is to face his biggest real-life enemy – the tallest man in Europe.

British former basketball ace Neil Fingleton, who is 7ft 7in, will play underwater creature the Fisher King, a crashed alien that makes its home in Loch Ness.

He will tower over Peter Capaldi’s Doctor, who is 6ft, and 5ft 1in Jenna Coleman’s Clara in a two-part story in the new BBC1 series – the Doctor’s ninth – starting in the autumn.

Neil Fingleton has in fact officially been confirmed to appear in Toby Whithouse’s story (episodes 3 & 4), but his role remained a mystery. Whether the rumour has any truth remains to be seen"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumoure...es-9-74115.htm

a giant water alien man? thats cool

- - - Updated - - -

"It has previously been teased that Missy will not be “as you expect her to be” in Series 9, leading some fans to speculate we may see a ‘nicer’ side to the character. However, Michelle Gomez has stated that she will still be up to no good and admits she was even shocked by her actions.

Speaking to the Daily Record about the Series 9 opener she said: “I can’t tell you much, I’m too much of a fan 
of the show to spoil the fun but I can tell you she’s up to no good.

“Even I was a bit shocked at her level of disdain this year. 
She has no boundaries that girl, she is very naughty.”

Gomez also added that she feels changing the Master’s gender has “rocked the boat enough for now.”

“Switching gender with the Master is change enough for now. We Whovians are a loyal bunch and 
don’t like too much change. I feel like I’ve rocked the boat enough for now, let’s not 
sink the whole bloody ship.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/michelle-gomez-shocked-by-what-missy-has-in-store-for-series-9-74137.htm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    Honestly, would be awesome if they recreated some old scenes that looked completely cheesy even at that time, and did it completely seriously.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I’ve rocked the boat enough for now, let’s not 
sink the whole bloody ship.”"
    I can just HEAR Michelle saying this . Too funny. SO glad they kept her around, she's a brilliant actor and I think she's nailing the part, they just need to give her more time to show us what she's capable off.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can just HEAR Michelle saying this . Too funny. SO glad they kept her around, she's a brilliant actor and I think she's nailing the part, they just need to give her more time to show us what she's capable off.
    Would have been such a waste to get her for such a short time. She's absolutely awesome as the Master, really glad they rocked the boat with her
    Oh, hi.

i hope we atleast get 1 missy appearance per season. her and capaldi have great chemistry.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope we atleast get 1 missy appearance per season. her and capaldi have great chemistry.
    Agreed. I was really hoping he'd capture her in the finalé and we'd get a Hannibal Lector type situation, where she'd be locked up in the TARDIS, leading him to Gallifrey but making him jump through all these hoops before she would.

ER MAH GERD RIGSYS BACK!!!! @_@ PLS MAKE HIM COMPANION!!!!

"Filming has begun on episode 10 of the new series of Doctor Who and Joivan Wade, who played Rigsy in last year’s Flatline, is back! The episode is directed by Justin Molotnikov and written by Sarah Dollard whose previous credits include Being Human and the BBC’s acclaimed spy drama, The Game.

Sarah commented, ‘Getting to play in the Doctor Who toy box is a dream come true. It’s a total honour to contribute to a show that has brought me such joy as a fan. However, writing for Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman has presented a serious problem: some days I’ve been too excited to actually sit down and type!’

The episode sees the return of Joivan Wade as Rigsy, the young graffiti artist who helped save the world in Flatline. He’ll be reunited with the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and Clara (Jenna Coleman) in this new adventure although how and why he finds himself mixed up with the time traveling heroes is currently under wraps!

The guest cast for the new series includes Maisie Williams, Michelle Gomez, Rebecca Front, Rufus Hound, Paul Kaye and Jaye Griffiths.

The BBC Cymru Wales produced drama will return to BBC One this Autumn with further casting to be announced.

Video below: Sarah Dollard on writing for Series 9."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...e-10-73957.htm

"Steven Moffat has explained his views on dealing with the hate campaigns Doctor Who showrunners can receive while in the role.

Speaking in the latest DWM (#488) he says: “[John Nathan-Turner] was the first boss of Doctor Who to have a tiny little number of (sort of) fans who were waging entirely ineffectual campaigns against him, in their twos and threes. Russell had a bit of that, and so do I. So what? Pick an online newspaper, go to the comments section below, read the ranting horrors there. It will turn your hair white. Dear God, who are those people? I don’t know. I don’t care.

“The fact is, you don’t judge the newspaper, or people in general, by the standards of those comments sections, so why would you judge Doctor Who fandom by the occasional attention-seeking ranter? I have always found [fans] to be clever, funny, articulate and more than usually friendly. And perfectly and humorously aware that knowing every detail about an early Saturday evening adventure serial is a pleasant but extremely daft thing to do. May it be daft forever. It is now, and always has been, a game for the civilised and kind. Lone exceptions don’t change that.”

However, he adds: “I suppose, being honest – because we’re all human and fragile – some of the blows do land. You know, when you’re tired, in the dark watches of the night, when that hand is grasping for your ankle from under the bed. I guess it must have been hard for JN-T, sometimes, back in the day. I remember, not long ago, feeling a bit grim myself, about some vicious remarks. Stupidly and childishly, I’d let them get to me (ranters rejoice, your aim was true).

“Neil Gaiman dropped me a gentle note. He said (something like), “They love your shows so much, they think they own them.” I think the point – and the kindly admonishment – was that it’s a privilege to be making shows about which people care so much, and that honour should take care of everything else.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...hate-74393.htm

- - - Updated - - -

"Big Finish is proud to announce a new range of boxsets, featuring heroes and monsters from the New Series of Doctor Who.

Leading this new wave of adventures is Alex Kingston as River Song, the beloved Time Lord archaeologist who first appeared in 2008’s Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.

River will be stepping into the era of the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann) for Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 2, alongside Liv Chenka (Nicola Walker) and Helen Sinclair (Hattie Morahan). But how can River help her husband if, in this incarnation, she must never actually meet him?

“The idea of River meeting previous Doctors was actually proposed by Steven Moffat,” says producer David Richardson, “and it’s just irresistible, isn’t it? Alex embraced the idea of returning to the role, and so she will be starring in no less than two box sets next year. And yes, we are still pinching ourselves!”

River will then return later in 2016 in Doctor Who: The Diary of River Song, an epic four-hour adventure that takes River across space and time, seeking out the secret rulers of the universe. Paul McGann will reprise the role of the Eighth Doctor in the final instalment.

The New Series adventures will continue in Doctor Who: The Churchill Years, in which Ian McNeice returns as the indomitable Winston Churchill. In the four-hour saga, Winston relates a number of encounters with the Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Doctors in his memoirs, battling alien incursions, metamorphosing creatures… and a Dalek! The stories are told by Ian McNeice, supported by a full cast of guest actors, including Danny Horn as Kazran Sardick, in a story taking place within the 2010 special A Christmas Carol.

“Ian has played Churchill in just four episode on TV, and yet it feels like it was many more,” says executive producer Nicholas Briggs. “It was such a brilliant, definitive performance, and how wonderful that we will be continuing Churchill’s adventures with the Doctor on audio.”

Finally, the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors will face a new generation of monsters in Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters, a brand new, four-story run featuring creatures from the New Series. Peter Davison takes on the Weeping Angels, Colin Baker encounters the Judoon, Sylvester McCoy will meet the Sycorax… and Paul McGann will face a new clone batch of Sontarans on the edge of the Time War….

“It’s the ultimate mash-up,” says executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery, “and we have some great scripts lined up for these landmark stories. There is no doubt that 2016 is going to be a brilliant year for Big Finish!”

All four boxsets will be released across 2016, and are available to pre-order today from the Big Finish website. Doctor Who: Doom Coalition 2 will be released in February, and is available as part of a special bundle of all four Doom Coalition boxsets.

Doctor Who: The Diary of River Song, Doctor Who: The Churchill Years and Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters can be pre-ordered for just £20 each on CD or Download, and are also available as part of our Doctor Who New Series bundle."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/river-song-more-set-for-big-finish-adventures-74417.htm