Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

  1. #801
    Fucking 5 episodes is a joke though, really starting to hate on series that are cutting themselves in half and airing half this year, and the rest next year /late this year,

    Cracking episode though,

    Although one plot hole, said they can never land the tardis there again because of the un stability etc, and it was lucky it was done the once without ripping new york to shreds, however, what about rivers vortex "watch" (sorry a bit tired can't remember any of the correct names ) as its smaller and like she said, a bike not something big and bulky

    Or is it now a fixed point in time, because they read the grave stone?

    Either way I can see in a series time, or two series time, they might make a guest appearance,

    and before you give me any bull shit about its impossible, remember its tv, anything can happen, if they want it to happen, they will find a story line to make it happen,

    *cough* Darvos / Rose *cough*

  2. #802
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    My only thought this episode was... Make him keep the glasses.
    Matt Smith actually looked better with the glasses.
    haha I thought the same thing (I also thought Karen looked GODAWFUL in them, which is wierd as I usually dig girls in glasses )

    they did mention a wardrobe change for the next arc.... maybe he keeps the glasses as a memento of her?
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  3. #803
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    /snip
    river actually elaborated on it. Basically her explanation was the TARDIS was more of a car stuck in traffic jam, it can get there, but its gonna be very slow moving if at all. Her Vortex manipulator is more like a moped, speeding in between the cars getting to the point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    "They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

  4. #804
    just watched angels take Manhattan... Hurt me right in the feels

    OH MY GOD O_O i just realized... "whats the alternative me standing over your graves"
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-10-06 at 07:17 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #805
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,304
    If anyone (like I was) is wondering about what happened to Brian, then here is a video thoughtfully provided by the BBC.



    The feels.... T_T

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  6. #806
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,817
    Damnit Dr Who... you're finished.. how can you still make me upset :P great video Dyra, kinda wish they could have shot that scene, would have been a great end to the season.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  7. #807
    I am regularly watching Doctor Who tv show and in this show i love the acting of Christopher Eccleston as Doctor Who. I have watched all the episodes of this show.

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fucking 5 episodes is a joke though, really starting to hate on series that are cutting themselves in half and airing half this year, and the rest next year /late this year,

    Cracking episode though,

    Although one plot hole, said they can never land the tardis there again because of the un stability etc, and it was lucky it was done the once without ripping new york to shreds, however, what about rivers vortex "watch" (sorry a bit tired can't remember any of the correct names ) as its smaller and like she said, a bike not something big and bulky

    Or is it now a fixed point in time, because they read the grave stone?

    Either way I can see in a series time, or two series time, they might make a guest appearance,

    and before you give me any bull shit about its impossible, remember its tv, anything can happen, if they want it to happen, they will find a story line to make it happen,

    *cough* Darvos / Rose *cough*
    Doctor Who broke every single one of its laws that it has build up itself or that has been established elsewhere, fixpoints, paradoxes (there was a fricking paradox machine once ..) whatever if the writer wants it broken it will be
    Last edited by Kane49; 2012-10-15 at 03:22 PM.

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just watched angels take Manhattan... Hurt me right in the feels

    OH MY GOD O_O i just realized... "whats the alternative me standing over your graves"
    Yea it was really well done imo.. though I am a bit unclear on how the one angel survived =/

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    If anyone (like I was) is wondering about what happened to Brian, then here is a video thoughtfully provided by the BBC.



    The feels.... T_T
    Yea I was REALLY upset that they didn't tie up that end. Nice video though

  10. #810

    [TV] Doctor Who - Where to start?

    I've heard a lot about this show and I want to check it out, but it's such an old show that I don't know where to start. Which doctor can i start with so i don't miss much, but don't have to start from the 60s?

  11. #811
    The only other place you can start would be the 2005 relaunch of the series. That would be the 9th Doctor: Eccleston's.
    There's already a Doctor Who thread around here somewhere though, you may want to bring your questions there.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  12. #812
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,187
    I started watching from the 9th doctor, and all the important stuff is explained. But if you really love 60's TV, start at the very beginning :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    The only other place you can start would be the 2005 relaunch of the series. That would be the 9th Doctor: Eccleston's.
    There's already a Doctor Who thread around here somewhere though, you may want to bring your questions there.
    ^ If you start after him you might miss out on a few things as the relaunch explains a bunch for you. Plus he was a great Dr.

  14. #814
    Stood in the Fire sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    420

    Wink

    Start with this!!! This is the very first episode.

  15. #815
    im on season 6(i know im late to the party!). just ended episode 2 and whats up with the girl being a timelord... amy's daughter, how is that even possible. questions for people up to date:

    do we know more about her during the season/show?
    does the doctors daughter(introduced in season 5 i think) make any more appearances or mentions at any time?

    im quite alright with spoilers(im the type that reads the end of the book first before actually reading the entire thing)

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    im on season 6(i know im late to the party!). just ended episode 2 and whats up with the girl being a timelord... amy's daughter, how is that even possible. questions for people up to date:

    do we know more about her during the season/show?
    does the doctors daughter(introduced in season 5 i think) make any more appearances or mentions at any time?

    im quite alright with spoilers(im the type that reads the end of the book first before actually reading the entire thing)
    Yeah, you'll learn who she is in Episode 6.

    Jenny, the doctor's daughter, doesn't make an appearance as of yet either. But just a fun fact, she's now married to David Tennant who playing The Doctor at the time of that episode

  17. #817
    As well as being the daughter of Peter Davidson, the 5th Doctor. Somewhat incestuous in a twisted kind of way. :-)
    Feigning Death and watching you all die since 2005!

  18. #818
    Oh i just love Doctor who!
    Both the new and the old ones! Been watching this too much

  19. #819
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,094
    Trailer for Christmas special



    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-11-17 at 04:24 PM.

  20. #820
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,817
    I have declared war on the Moon!

    priceless looks like this years special will be a bit better than last years bring it on!
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •