Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love her to stay.

So much drama would happen here. I love drama.

(And I still like her)
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they also said they arent even visiting earth much at all this series.
    If this is true I'll be VERY happy.

I also fully agree, should Clara go this season (and all signs point to it, she's landed a big role on another show), I hope they mix it up a little for the next companion.

I'm still hoping Missy will be the companion for a while, but in a kinda... Hannibal Lector sort of way. She'd be locked up in the TARDIS, the Doctor would go to her as a kind of, sounding board, could lead to some amazing scenes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    As long as The Clara Show ends I'm okay.
    But yeah, a new compagnon which is not a 21st century Britishman/woman would be the best.

You know what ? Give us back Handles !
    Handles and Missy as compagnons, the dream team !

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If this is true I'll be VERY happy.
    well, technically they specifically said modern earth. so we'll still have plenty of past and future shenanigans
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine Immitis, Extreme past and future are different enough to be interesting.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    It's been officially confirmed by the BBC, Jenna is leaving during season 9

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    part of me is hoping she dies, just because something like that hasnt really been done yet in new who. although another part of me feels like had that happened to the 10th or 11th doctors it wouldve been good for 12 it might make him go a little too far on the deep end, but again on the other hand theyve kind of painted themselves into a corner with her almost leaving like 4 times and now she kind of needs consequences.

maybe have clara die in a way that makes it her fault. so that the doctor is heart broken but he doesnt feel completely like he was waving candy in a babies face across a highway.

im really conflicted on this.

and really, jenna can come back whenever the hell she wants. she was in the doctors entire time stream which means she could return at any point. they could have her come on the 100th anniversary and just say that for whatever reason the doctor needed an 80 year old claras help at that point in his life :P

kind of the same with matt. he lived for over a thousand years nomatter how old matt gets they can just say he hopped out or got pulled out of his time stream on trenzalor.

hopefully series 9 is a return to series 7 quality clara. then she can be my favorite again.

- - - Updated - - -

also, i hope capaldi stays longer than tom baker did. capaldi should break the record! or at the very least make him longest new who doctor who has longest new who companion
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

hopefully series 9 is a return to series 7 quality clara. then she can be my favorite again.

- - - Updated - - -

also, i hope capaldi stays longer than tom baker did. capaldi should break the record! or at the very least make him longest new who doctor who has longest new who companion
    You liked Season 7 Clara more than Season 8 Clara? Why?

Also, I doubt we'll see somebody be the Doctor for seven seasons again. Three seasons seems like a good number imo, and with Tenth and Eleventh, that's the current trend.

I'm still sad Danny died :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Ding Dong the witch is dead! I hope however they choose to write her out, it's FINAL. Although seeing as she's already scooped the lead in another show, I'm guessing it will be.

Also, can't find a decent link, but did anyone else see "The Doctor's Meditation" the 6min short ep? It's fucking awesome.

Ding Dong the witch is dead! I hope however they choose to write her out, it's FINAL. Although seeing as she's already scooped the lead in another show, I'm guessing it will be.

Also, can't find a decent link, but did anyone else see "The Doctor's Meditation" the 6min short ep? It's fucking awesome.
    https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/v...07781699235855
    They uploaded it on their facebook profile. Sadly, It's for UK only. >.< Sigh.

It's airing on BBCA tonight, going to watch it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It's airing on BBCA tonight, going to watch it then.
    And I'm going to pirate it, because I live in Denmark! \o/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Happy Friday to me. I have nothing against Jenna Coleman as an actress at all, but Clara is someone I will not be sad to see go. My only fear is that her death won't even be satisfying after all the torture she put us through. It will just feel exhausting. Maybe they can at least get a Smith cameo and highlight the souffle girl thing one last time so we can remember the brief period we actually enjoyed her.

Or maybe her ultimate end is her becoming the Dalek when Smith first met her. That would be fantastic.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Happy Friday to me. I have nothing against Jenna Coleman as an actress at all, but Clara is someone I will not be sad to see go. My only fear is that her death won't even be satisfying after all the torture she put us through. It will just feel exhausting. Maybe they can at least get a Smith cameo and highlight the souffle girl thing one last time so we can remember the brief period we actually enjoyed her.

Or maybe her ultimate end is her becoming the Dalek when Smith first met her. That would be fantastic.
    Funny you should say that...
    https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...84033449295872
    "I think I do a much better Dalek impression in tomorrow's episode..." - Jenna Coleman. WHAT?? #justsaying #DoctorWho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Heh. I expect her to go midseason though, so maybe that dashes my hopes. I just heard some things that Capaldi mentioned about Daleks this season and the fact that it all started with her as a Dalek. It would be so fitting for Capaldi to fail to save her from being converted and knowing what happened and how big her impact on his life is, he would be completely unable to change any of that.

Essentially if he prevented her from becoming a Dalek, he would never have found her in the first place meaning she wouldn't have jumped in his time stream and he would have not received additional regenerations or known about Gallfirey. So it would be this incredible moment where time really, really defeats him.
    BAD WOLF

Does anyone here collect Doctor Who Pop vinyl's?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be worth suffering through the last seasons of Clara in order to get that ending. Would be AWESOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be worth suffering through the last seasons of Clara in order to get that ending. Would be AWESOME.
    I agree. It would be the only thing left that redeems her entire arc for me...knowing that she was predestined to do this and Moffat's intense use of her 'gimmick' was for a purpose. That would blow my mind and I would be completely satisfied. At this point I've built up this concept so much in my head, I think any other ending is going to let me down.

But as always, I reserve judgment until after it comes. I find a lot of episodes or arcs I didn't like grow on me as I understand them with repeat viewings. I used to loathe Martha as much as I do Clara and rewatching improves my view of her as a companion a great deal. Same with Mickey.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    You liked Season 7 Clara more than Season 8 Clara? Why?

Also, I doubt we'll see somebody be the Doctor for seven seasons again. Three seasons seems like a good number imo, and with Tenth and Eleventh, that's the current trend.

I'm still sad Danny died :<
    she was better in every way in series 7 when she was with matt then moffat flipped her whole character to remove the romance only for moffat to shove it back in and for clara to still be in love with the doctor despite treating him like shit after he got old

10+ Year Old Account
    But as always, I reserve judgment until after it comes. I find a lot of episodes or arcs I didn't like grow on me as I understand them with repeat viewings. I used to loathe Martha as much as I do Clara and rewatching improves my view of her as a companion a great deal. Same with Mickey.
    I never understood why Martha got so much hate... I VASTLY prefered her to rose and in a world without Donna she would easily be my favourite companion.

Donna > Martha >>> Amy/Rory(they only work as a pair) > Rose > Sarah-Jane > K9 > Handles >>>>>>>>>>>> Clara.